main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(FINISHED) If The Mask Fits: Chosen One - What if Padme and Anakin despised each other? AU, (2/4)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  2. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    hmm...i still don't get it...why should ani and padme despise each other...he saved her life why can't she just be grateful for that??? oh never mind...just post more :D :D :D

3. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Great postie. So they're close to meeting again?? Right?

Hannah

4. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Great post, Ami! Poor Padme, that annoying doctor. Can't wait til she meets Anakin!!!

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    AHHH! This is mind boggling, from where I am at know, it looks like Pad and Ani have nothing to be mad at eachother with, unless they met again before this and got mad at eachother, which they probably did not. Great post, I loved Padme being mad at the sun blinding her ;)

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    He's basically perfect and hardly does no wrong, he's sometimes arrogant and this is what gets on Padme's nerves. Of whom, he thinks she's a stuck-up politican that doesn't even consider anybody other than herself. See the conflict - I stated that was partly why they despised each other. The annoying each other and in the next post or the post after that you shall see why. Let's just say Anakin makes a unscheduled visit to see Padme. Mystery is so part of this fic

starwarsfan1000: Thanks

Daath666:There's alot of surprises here, wouldn't a fic be boring if you knew what was going to happen. Padme and Anakin, meet for in love and bea Sith, then get married. That's a unoriginal plot line, this one is different. I think Padme should be grateful to him, but have you met someone you just don't get along with and no matter what they have done to help you, you just don't like them? Thanks for repling.

Hannah: Oh yes, so very close. But not the way you're expecting....

Qwi: LOL, Thanks. I hate doctor's sometimes, wel acutally i just hate the medical system.

TJG: Well I did say that they would despise each other but don't think of a verbal abuse relationship or none of that. Think of a Leia/Han relationship and how they got on in ANH, they couldn't stand each other, until they started to find love in one another. It brings out the best of them, Thanks for replying. I'll try to have another post up today.

I noticed nobody mentioned Jerdin, where are you Mar, so you can talkabout him? LOL, please keep the comments coming :)

Am [face_love]

7. Daath666

Jul 25, 2001
    lol...you're right, of course ;) btw...where's the next post??? *raises eyebrow* you said it wouldn't take so long...or have i dreamed that???

8. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Ami!This story is great, I just caught up. BTW how are you going to handle so many fics?
    Wishing you luck.

9. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    :lets out a low mock-painful squeal: I need a postie I'm literally spinning in circles see :Hannah does twirlies all over the room: and while this may be fun I'd rather not get sick to my stomach before the new postie ;)

Hannah

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Daath666: Thanks, nope there shall be a post in a few hours. I've been at school the whole day, there's alot of time differences seperating us, as I live in Australia. So there shall be a post today ;) A good one, must take a while to dream up...but it should be in the next few hours.

sabre: Thanks, glad to see that you checked out my fic. I need luck at the moment, so that is greatly appeciated. I think I'll be able to handle all the fics, SPIMH only gets updated maybe once a week, twice and the others I work on when I get called on ;)

Hannah: Oh I post soon, thanks for your undivided support, it means alot to me.

Ish? Mar? where are you two....::thinks:: oh on your DLF I must go and check there,

Am [face_love]

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::jumps back to the thread:: I'm here, I'm here!!! :D Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but the sithly server was doing strange things yesterday... ?[face_plain] It's all right now. :)

Anyways. I LOVED YOUR LAST POST, AM!!! :D :D :D Very nice. Especially when Padme woke up and the doctor's dry humor (I guess they're all the same - I mean the doctors). And of course Anakin's conversation with Obi-Wan and how Obi-Wan was worried about Ani... :p Poor Obi, he really has troubles with his Padawan... ;)

Great stuff and I hope to see a new post soon! :D

12. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Annoyance.... We all know what that can lead to, right? :D (Thinks Leia/Han)

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Mar: YAY, Mar great to see you here, now only if we can get Ish doing the same. Though, I heard she has her head stuck in the Star By Star Book and it's not coming out till she's finished reading. Glad to see your internet's working again, mine was like that yesterday also. Thanks so much for all your comments, I love to receive comments that are in depth. From that post, it will show you how much I really dislike doctor...can you tell? They always seem to have this dry sort of humor, that is, just before they stick a need into you.

Lilu: Another new reader, by the force they seem to be coming out of the woodwork. I'm so overjoyed, I hope you come bakc for me. Yes, annoyance, your exactly on track. I hope to see more comments from you at a latter time, Thanks :)

And now the post:

~*~

Padme had not left the safe comfort of her bed, since she'd first been admitted to this hospital. Frankly, she didn't even want to think about moving. Physically she had barely got a scratch on her, other than a wound to the left side of her forehead, nothing that a good bacta pad couldn't fix. She had a lot to think about, she'd provided safety to her people by saying that nothing would never happen to them and the bomb threats were fake.

They'd believed her, a few hours later the Quarters get ransacked. It wasn't very becoming of a Senator's reputation. Fortunately for Padme, the Doctor and Eirtae had both left her alone with her thoughts, it was either that or they would all sit in silence. Either way, the presented problem was the same. Who'd done this to them?

Who felt so much hatred that they would indeed raid a Senate building? She now supposed to rest and get some sleep now, so in a day or so she'd be able to be released. The first thing on her agenda would be the official thanking of the Jedi that saved her life, as far as she'd been told, he was not alone either. There was another Padawan accompanying him.

They'd been scene in the corridors together, quietly whispering some secrets or ideas to each other. Not that it mattered to Padme, they would not purposefully interfere with her investigation; it was not the Jed way. It all they could do, was to offer protection for Padme, just in case the Rebels returned and found that this time there was no guard, giant buildings, locked doors and alarms in their way, this time.

The room had been quiet for so long, that Padme found that she had to strain to even hear any noise of civilization. She sighed in deeply, the cold air filling her lungs to the brim. She let her head slump to the side, she was exhausted, even now. Doctor Braehinn had stated that it was another one of those natural reactions, that related to her condition.

Though, still her hearing was just a keen and sharp, as it had been before and for that she thanked the force. She only would have had her eyes closed for five minutes, before she heard the feather-light tap of someone's boots hitting the floor. She forced herself to keep her eyes closed, she'd surprise whoever it was and then she'd give them a piece of her mind.

The boots continued to click softly against the hard marble floor. The intruder was getting closed and was almost to the end of Padme's hospital bed. Padme pricked her ears up, trying to hear every single movement. But, the only thing that could be heard, was the intruders deep inhales of breath. She almost felt the intruder edge closer to toward her, as she resisted the desperate urge to scream.

Instead, her eyes fluttered partly open, quickly finding their target, the intruder --- A young blonde haired, blue eyed man. Without hesitation, she fiercely let a loud demand escape from her lips, "Who are you and what are you doing in my hospital room?"

The intruder was obviously a bit taken back, because he seemed to wince slight, but quickly recovered. "I came to see if you were alright."

Padme frowned, her eyes darting around the room, searching for a possible explanation, "How did you get in my room without me knowing, or hearing the door open?"

14. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    Eek! Great postie! Is she gonna notice he called her Padme? Or does she recognize and is just giving him a hard time?

Hannah

15. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    That was brilliant! I loved it! "you're Senatorialness" [face_laugh] "I suppose you could call me Your Saviour or Hero,"

I loved it!!! I wonder what Padme will do when she finds out who it was!! hehe!!!

16. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  17. Daath666

Jul 25, 2001
    well now it becomes kinda clear why they don't like each other...

18. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Quite the snippy one aren't we Padme? Lol! that was great- they were flirting and they didn't even know it :eek: Now I can see where they get off at a bad start...

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Hannah: Thanks, I can tell you that she will notice that he called her Padme and she has no idea of who he is :) If you have anymore questions just ask...

Qwi: I love good humor, I hope mine was good at least. But, I just have to put humor into a fic and I especially enjoyed writing that post and it's replies. I think Padme might crack once she knows who he is, LOL, Thanks ;)

swf1000: Thanks

Daath666: I'm glad it did, I was uncertain for a while. Thanks for replying

TJG: Padme is nice to write, but strangely I prefer Anakin. He's always been so easy and co-operative to write, probably because once you have experience with a character you get to know them. Get off to a bad start is a understatement...

Any more replies, Lurkers, devoted friends? It's weekend now so I'll be able to manage my time better, in relation to putting out posts,

Am [face_love]

20. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Loved the post, Am! :) Especially "Your Senatorialness" - :p [face_laugh] LOL! That sounds slightly like Han and Leia, but it's NOT Han and Leia. It's Ani and Padme. And you did a great job making those two love-hate relationships look different. :D

More soon? Please??? :D :D :D

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks Mar, I remember you saying that if I make them too much like Han/Leia it shall just get boring. So I tried to separate them from their prospective storylines as muhc as possible. I'm glad that you noticed that and the 'Your Senatorialness' line was MY savior.

Sorry I didn't have a post yesterday, I'll try to work on the one for today,

Am [face_love]

22. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    Ams thanks for answering. And tonight has been such a great night, my brither is 'home' for a visit, the Stars just won (and Mo got two goals), a post by you would just be the icing on the cake.

Hannah

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks, Hannah. Here's you icing on the cake ;)

~*~

Did he just call me Padme? Padme, that was my given name and usually it would only be found to be followed after the word, Senator.

Had her eyes deceived her? Was that Jedi ever in her room or was he just a sick delusion of her imagination? It was impossible for him to just disappear like that, she'd never seen it done before. Sure, there was many races who had the abilities to hide or cloak themselves well, in battle, but never like this.

The idealistic notion of him ever knowing her was a fairytale, even though that fairytale had presented itself in true colour. The Jedi, he'd stated that he never did forget her, which would therefore mean he'd met her somehow, before. She couldn't recall meeting a young man like that before, he had such nerve at tempting her with mere words. He held that look of confidence, that she could only identify in the eyes of old men, whose wisdom was far greater than that of hers.

The Jedi, the protectors of the Universe, maybe be wise and their glory spread wide throughout the galaxy, but she'd never once met one who had such self-pride, such arrogance and such temptation. He was more than handsome, he was down right beautiful - if that description could ever be applied to a male.

Surely that was his reason for his teasing, he wanted her to notice him. Force, had she noticed him, not just the physical aspect but the definite attitude, he carried with him. It was that sharp tongue of his, that would get him into trouble. She already resented him for mentioning what he'd called her imprudent comments.

She was now determined to discover his identity at any costs, meeting his fellow Jedi might help. She quickly noted that thought, as a option. Padme didn't have time to continue on with her thoughts, as Eirtae had just entered the room.

"Senator, you have a visitor," Eirtae exclaimed, in Padme's opinion Eirtae's tone held way to much excitement. Before Padme could even reply, Chancellor Palpatine strode into the room, followed by several of his Senate guards.

"Senator Padme, it is a pleasure to see you alive and well. The Senate has been in a uproar after the attack of your Naboo's Senatorial Quarters," The Chancellor bellowed, gliding across her room to kiss Padme's hand gently.

Padme plastered a light smile on her face, before replying, "I am well now, thanks to a certain Jedi, of which I am yet to meet. I appreciate yours and the Senate's concern for my well-being. You will pass on my regards. I expect to be back at work and functioning normal in the Senate, in a few days."

"I would do anything to help a past Queen," Chancellor Palpatine shyly answered.

Padme felt her cheeks blush a unnatural red colour. The Chancellor over the past few years had shown extreme concern for her well-being, even after she relinquished her throne. Yet, even though she appreciated his concern for her, she feared he might want more. By, getting closer to her, he'd have a link back to Naboo and even more so, the new Queen's Ear, of which Padme clearly had obtained.

She had neither never fully trusted the Chancellor's decisions, she could nearly always find fault. But, why would she purposely turn her back against her strongest support in the Senate? After all, she'd already done that once, hadn't she?

"Chancellor, I am touched at your concern. Though I must ask, would do you wish to travel halfway across Coruscant to just wish me well? Is there something wrong in the Senate? You mentioned a uproar," Padme inquired.

Chancellor Palpatine chuckled, stroking his chin, "Distaste has filled my heart, that you would think I would not jump over walls or fight troopers, for you. But, nevertheless, I must admit what I have found to be true. Many of the Senators are looking into the attack and some suspect it was a attack on Naboo's leadership. That leads me to the conclusion that they were after you."

"I was quiet aware of that, Chancellor."

"What you don't know is that one or few politicians might have their

24. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    *drags herself off the keyboard where she was reading with utmost anticipation*

Well, you know I'm not a lurker, but I hope my post counts!!

Oh, my goodness, Am! I loved that post! I really admire your patience in writing--you set up the story so well, and take forever to do it! Me, I'm so impatient that by now Pad would have figured out who Anakin was, and they'd be off on some adventure despising each other--although I don't know how I'd get them to do that. Only you, Am! It's amazing how you can stretch it out like this!

And that slimy Palpy. Ooooh, he gives me the willies. Ugh!

Beautiful, beautiful. Didn't one of the handmaidens learn Anakin's idenity? Sache, maybe? I don't quite recall which one, and I'm too lazy to go back and find it. :D

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Of course you count, Qwi. Thanks so much for your feedback!! You admire me, wow, I think that setting up a story like this way gives you a insight into how the characters function and basically helps me later when I'm trying to write other scenes. Some adventure despising each other....LOL...it's even funner it you put it that way.

I hope I'm not stretching it out too long, like I did with SPIMH. The new post shall be *picks up her notebook to see what she had planned* OHHOOOHH How could I forget, you'll enjoy the next post. It's more Ani/Pad interaction. Palpy creeps me out, I hate putting him into my fics, but, he will be playing a major part in this one.

Yes, Sache learned of Anakin's identity...now all Padme needs to do is mention it in front of her and.........BINGO! I'm also proud to announce the start of a new Romance Lounge, over at the FF Writers' Resource Forum. Here's the link:

For A Time: Anakin and Tahiri Romance Lounge

Please visit, everybody! Also comment, I have a extra speical plan that I intend to post there,

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.