main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I heard some rumor about a Mark Hamill tweet that referenced a football game. I also heard he deleted the tweet. I look forward to the trailer.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

Yes, he did. The article I linked references the infamous deleted tweet.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Is this where we can gripe about that fact one's usual writing style doesn't neatly segue from one fandom to another, or do I have to look elsewhere?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I feel your pain, Vinylshadow. I've been there before. For me it was lack of confidence in my knowledge of the other fandom. Ultimately, I clicked with a few, but still have never been able to write in certain favored fandoms.

Edit: You could also post in the 'You know you're a fan fic writer when' thead.

Vinylshadow and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I just went on a long ride and bought a pair of nice and comfy tracksuit pants, as well as a headset. I am going to try and become an English tutor on Native.Camp and teach English to Japanese people, since I am still not creative enough to do something more complicated, plus I need a plan B in case nobody hires me and in case - goat forbid - that Upwork decides to purge my account. Not putting all my eggs in one basket anymore...

A friend sent me this story today - I see it on front pages of many websites and if it contributes to ending the stigma, so be it. I find it interesting that this actor was misdiagnosed and likely treated with unnecessary meds just like I was:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news...-have-borderline-personality-disorder-w505489

Yay for the new trailer! Let's hope they will upload it online at the same time as it's shown, for the rest of us. I watched a NFL game with a friend from UK on Sunday and we didn't understand anything, so I'd rather not sit through one of those again. :p

I think that the following two threads would be fitting. :)
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ing-discussion-questions-and-advice.31993115/
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-scribble-pad-fanfic-writing-discussions.50045760/

7. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Can anyone translate "It is not time to feed you yet!" into Feline? The Furball doesn't seem to understand English...

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  8. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Distracting the feline with a toy or something else to preoccupy it until it is time to feed the feline probably looks like the best option.

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    "Bring me a mouse!" :p

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Pick it up, open your door, throw it outside (it will land on its feet), close the door and then open it again when it is feeding time.*

* I can not suggest this if you live in an appartment.

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Raging headache + upset stomach = miserable day in bed.

I hate being sick.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Here, smile. :)

[​IMG]

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005

Sorry to hear it, Chyntuck. I hope you feel better soon. Take comfort in the fact that in fanfiction...Anakin Solo lives. ;)

Chyntuck likes this.
  14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Put it in another room and close the door

Or spoil it rotten with pets and make it work for its food with a toy/laser pointer for a few minutes

Chyntuck likes this.
  15. Flyboy240

Flyboy240 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    I'm in the process of moving right now and its ridiculously stressful.

Chyntuck and Mistress_Renata like this.
  16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You guys are mean :p I spoil my cats----they tell me when they want food and I must obey!

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Don't. A spoiled cat don't hunt mice or rats.

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Too late for that Gamiel They're spoiled brats now and wouldn't have a clue what to do with a mouse...and I'm pretty sure one of them would love to make it his friend :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    My apt. doesn't have mice or rats (thank heavens!), but he'd love to get out the window to go for the birds. And any bug that crosses the threshold, fuggetaboutit. Otherwise, His Majesty is just as spoiled as @gizkaspice's babies, I suppose. I do have to watch his waistline. Lord knows it's easier than watching my own!!! [face_blush]

That is miserable! Be kind to yourself; take it easy.

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That's not always true. My cats are spoiled rotten, but my female cat is a predatory psychopath. She leaves the heads of poor chipmunks, rabbits, squirrels and other small creatures on my doorstep. She eats the bodies...probably with some Fava Beans And A Nice Chianti.

I told my kids she is so scary that teenage mice probably have urban legends about her. They probably dare each other to say her name three times while holding a candle in front of a mirror. If they say, "Nibbler, Nibbler, Nibbler" she will appear and bite their heads off.

Yep, spoiled cats can hunt...if they enjoy killing.

22. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    What Jedi_Lover said. I have a cat who is basically a pampered mumsy's girl--and a killing machine. The woman I got her from said that the mother was a working cat and "one of the best mousers I've ever had," and my cat is living up to her long lost mother's standard. We have joked that the local deer mouse population refers to her simply as The Beast. I could tell stories, but some of them belong more properly in a rodent slice n dice horror flick. She does--as do the other two cats who hunt "for funsies"--usually eat what she kills. Usually. They have been leaving dead shrews, which cats do not eat, all around the patio this summer.

It's like my sister said once years ago of our cats: "They're well fed. If they weren't..." and the rest did not need to be spoken aloud.

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    My mother-in-law's secret with cats is to feed them enough that they'll stick around for the free food, but little enough that they'll still go after mice, rats and pigeons to complement their meals. That way, they go on a killing spree every day but they actually eat their catch (most of the time) and just bring a tail or a few feathers as a gift.

In other news, I was able to keep down my breakfast this morning. It was just tea and rusks, but that's gotta count for something.

And yes, Anakin Solo lives in fanfic :D Which reminds me that there's a story I want to read.

*tiptoes off to the Before, Saga & Beyond board*

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Phew, you folks, this is scary! Macabre. o_O I'm kind of glad I'm a dog person. :p

Flyboy240 - Make sure you get enough rest! Moving is stressful.

Chyntuck - Glad you're feeling better. :)

25. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Good morning, all!

I have finished The Return of the King, and thus, the Lord of the Rings. It was an amazing experience narrated by Rob Inglis.

Chyntuck - I am glad to hear you are feeling better, at least a little bit.

As for cats. we have three: Nani, Maui, and Baxter. two girls and a boy respectively. They are hunters. We have had mice and mini moles and bats, OH MY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.