main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn & Rey in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ren Kylo, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @ForceGhostPrincessLeia, I also felt hopeful from JJ's comments about Rose and KMT that he would do Rose and her character justice in Rise of Skywalker.

2. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    It's really interesting that so many people think jj will treat Rose better when I'm positive she will have significantly less screen time in TROS than she had in TLJ.

3. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Treating the character better doesn't necessarily require more screen time. Just, y'know, writing her better.

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Well, it comes from the same kind of dissatisfaction people have with a lot of TLJ’s writing, with the added wrinkle that she was introduced in that film.

The supposition is that even a lesser role can be a better one if it doesn’t suffer TLJ’s flaws.

5. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Rose is going to have less screen time cause she's pregnant ;)

6. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Wasn't it a baseless 4chan rumour?

7. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    [​IMG]
    The pull of her shirt and placement of her belt don't look like she's visibly pregnant to me. She could be postpartum or early in a pregnancy, though that wouldn't go with the "why we haven't seen her" bit of the theory (which I find a ridiculous theory to begin with). But sure, who wouldn't want to start a family in the middle of a galactic war?

8. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    making Star Wars rumour wasn't it

9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    She's a woman. Some see a uterus. It's happened before. How many see Rey as an incubator for the next Skywalker?

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I really don't like where this rumour is going.

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    yes totally thats totally why .... no People came up with the pregnant thing to explain way she wasn't with everyone else when they were staring at DSII. You wouldn't want a Pregnant person going near something that could be Kybereactive would you and Houses a Sith Lord

um Han and Leia did it in legends , so did mara and Luke and the horns and various others ...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    OR she's Resistance leadership. But sure, let's assume your hypothesis.

13. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    actually no resistance leader ship is Poe , Finn , Leia and Connix . Rose doesn't automatically jump ranks just cause she met the main cast . she's still a mechanic and u would think they would need one of those if the resistance ever wanted to salvage the Death Star and sell the parts for credits but I'm sure we will learn more about the leadership dynamics in Resistance reborn and the other Journey to Rise of Skywalker tie ins so Moot arguing about that .

14. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    There's no reason to have a Rose pregnancy storyline. They can very, very easily find a reason to have her stay "on base" while the trio goes on their adventure (I can think of several off the top of my head and I am not a professional screenwriter). Plus, to justify Rose's absence from the adventure with a pregnancy would feel incredibly regressive. They also don't need a pregnancy to prove that Finn-Rose is "true love" (should they choose to go that path). It's just a ridiculous idea to me.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  15. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    How many people are left in the resistance rn? They probably have to find a way to fill the ranks, so to speak. Rose is allowed to do something other than be a mechanic if she is able to. Honestly though, she might need to stay with Leia to be her voice because CF.

16. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    They only said that Finn had "something to fight for" without explicitely referring to Rose, even less to a baby.

17. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    That "something to fight for" couldn't possibly be his friends or anything. Or maybe even his family. Definitely not, Rose must be preggers! Cute, because Rey is knocked up with a force baby, right? They can be birth buddies!

18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’d add that entering TROS with a pregnant Rose or Rose and a baby would mean skipping over the actual romance, thus kind of defeating the point of the move.

It’d be better to show them reaching the point of a romance where they’d decide to have a kid rather than to skip straight to the kid.

19. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I agree theres other ways but thats just the rumours .

We don't really know like I said we need to have resistance reborn come out to establish the structure of it . they atleast have more then just the crew of the falcon at this point . Also Connix probably will be leia's mouth piece for things the footage limitations can't convey

alwayslurking likes this.
  20. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    There's also rumors that Leia dies, which gives Rose even more reason to stay back on base.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Yeah, I'll consider her better portrayed in Rise of Skywalker than TLJ if she passes the low bar of not tazing Finn. I hated it when she tazed Finn.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I really do not see how they can kill off Leia without Carrie having filmed a scene like that. and since they had plans for her, i kinda doubt they did.

But then you also have lando too. do hey.

23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I see your point, but if you look at the previous two films-and weigh Finn and Rose's interactions on one side, and Finn and Rey's reactions on the other...To me it seems quite clear which of those would seem more natural and would gel more smoothly onscreen and make more sense, as we see the romantic sublot playout. To me, that's clearly FinnRey.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So much this. I honestly don't care who ends up with who (other then my complete revulsion to the idea of Reylo) but love triangles are lame. As you say I'd much rather watch them all as friends.

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Darth Chiznuk, love triangles are really not my thing in Star Wars or any other form of entertainment. Like you, I would definitely rather see them all as friends. Give me a good friendship story instead of a love triangle any day of the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.