main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fire and Ice- UDC 5, Fel family, Week 20- Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Did like Rebirth muchly wink I do feel the renewal and strength for Jaina.
    I read the "Rebirth" prompt while going through the UDC 1 list. I got this idea and just had to write it.

And the hopeful/wistful tone for Syal. Thank you for reading!

earlybird-obi-wan

Disease It had to happen. :p

and Healing, all patients are the same wink They certainly are. Thanks for reading!

EmpressJainaSoloFel

Rebirth was very beautifully written. I laughed pretty hard at Disease, I've been through that with my own kids, and it's pure Hades. Healing is right on as well. Great work!Thanks! Rebirth is my favorite. It demanded to be written. :p [face_laugh] Disease and Healing were fun to write.

2. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    31. Iron
    Soontir rarely questioned the actions of his superiors. This time, however, he couldn't help but wonder. He stood towards the front of the ranks, motionless, as he watched the court martial of Han Solo. He knew the story. Everyone did. Solo saved a Wookiee slave. Soontir did not share the common hatred of non-humans. He did not like slavery. He was grateful that he had not been placed with slaves.

Soontir flinched as the officer spat on Solo's shiny boots. As much as Soontir had wanted to beat him, he did not wish this wretched fate up on the man.

32. Challenge
    Soontir clutched the golden jeweled ring tightly in his hand. This was it.. He was going to propose to Syal. He stared at her back as she looked over the veranda at the traffic on Coruscant. Just two hours ago, she had told him who she really was. He was shocked, but could not turn his back from her.

He would keep the information secret. He too knew the dangers of revealing her true heritage. He did not agree with his, he hoped, so to be brother-in-law's views, but he would respect the man for Syal's sake.

Soontir stepped forward.

33. Stadium
    "Wedge Antilles! What do you think you're doing?" Syal shrieked.

Wedge looked at his sister guiltily. He peeked out from the swoop bike to look at her angry face. He tried his well-practiced innocent look, but it wasn't going to cut it today.

"Get out here right now! Mom and Dad are going to be furious!"

"Aw, Syal, please don't tell! I promise I won't do it again," he begged.

"Yes you will. You always do."

Wedge pouted. He hated when his sister went into "Adult Mode."

"Please?"

Syal sighed, "Fine, but only because Booster and Mirax are coming today."

34. Chairman
    Jagged never thought he'd miss being a nobody. Each meeting with the Moff Council was like trying to escape quicksand. The bickering, the self-interest, the lack of cooperation, the list went on.

He walked into his stateroom. Wyn was seated at a table reading. She smiled at him as he entered.

"How bad was it?"

Jag shrugged. This was, by far, the only benefit to his position. He could see his family now. After they had visited, Wyn had opted to stay behind for awhile. She wanted to see the galaxy and this was the best way to do it.

35. Chef
    It was pitch-black outside. Only the sentry were up. Jag glanced down at the blanket Jaina had spread over the rooftop. She'd placed several mismatched items from the mess on the over one corner.

Jaina had her head resting against his thigh. She was telling him about the Errant Venture, the Star Destroyer his mother had mentioned.

Jag watched as Jaina's eyes sparkled as she spoke of the modifications made to the ship. The war and hardships seemed to fall away from her as she spoke. Jag concluded that the lack of sleep was worth it.

Sleep only brought nightmares.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great uses of the prompts. More moments of the Fels lives are revealed. I loved the first one with Soontir.
    The second one was humor:D
    And Chef sweet:)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of the prompts!!!! =D= Like Chef the most. Like Jag and Jaina giving each other quiet soothing moments. :D
    Challenge -- sweet :) Taking on Syal's secret would be a challenge but well worth it. :D
    Chairmman -- fits Jag perfectly.

5. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Great update, and I agree that you used the prompts very well. Iron was my favorite, Stadium and Challenge made me smile.

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    awesome sets :D
    sorry to have missed out last week ... the Fels had to suffer some sickness and injuries in them huh? ;)
    and lovely misbehaving Wedge :D really sweet!

7. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Wonderful once again. I love what you did with "Iron." "Chef" was of course fabulous.

I miss the YVW Jaina/Jag so much.

Cheers,
    DLPP

8. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Loved Stadium, Syal and Wedge were great fun.:)

And of course Chef, a bit of much needed J/J togetherness.[face_love]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great drabbles!! I love the funny ones about the kids being sick :D And the sweet J/J ones. Soontir about to propose to Syal was awesome :D

10. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Great uses of the prompts. More moments of the Fels lives are revealed. I loved the first one with Soontir.
    The second one was humor grin
    And Chef sweet happy

Thank you very much. I figured Soontir would not have a positive reaction to Han's court martial.

Jade_eyes
    Like Chef the most. Like Jag and Jaina giving each other quiet soothing moments.
    We all need some J/J mush. :D
    Challenge -- sweet happy Taking on Syal's secret would be a challenge but well worth it.
    Definitely worth the trade.
    Chairmman -- fits Jag perfectly.
    Glad that worked.

Thank you!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Great update, and I agree that you used the prompts very well. Iron was my favorite, Stadium and Challenge made me smile.
    Stadium was fun to write. Thanks!

Maggy
    sorry to have missed out last week ... the Fels had to suffer some sickness and injuries in them huh?
    The flu and broken bones have no boundaries. :p
    and lovely misbehaving Wedge grin really sweet!
    I can picture him as an...adventuresome child. :p

Thanks!

darkladypurplepencil 3
    Wonderful once again. I love what you did with "Iron." "Chef" was of course fabulous.
    Thanks!

I miss the YVW Jaina/Jag so much.
    Me too. :(

Kailene
    Loved Stadium, Syal and Wedge were great fun.
    Younger brothers. What can you do? :p

And of course Chef, a bit of much needed J/J togetherness.
    I agree. ;)

Thanks!

NYCitygurl
    Great drabbles!! I love the funny ones about the kids being sick grin And the sweet J/J ones. Soontir about to propose to Syal was awesome grin
    It's fun to write Soontir nervous. Thanks!

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    36. Ducks
    They sat on the deck of the Millennium Falcon storage hold. Jaina was digging in the crates, looking for some lost item. Jag held a handful of holos for her. The top image was taken when Jaina was around six years old. She was sitting at the edge of a pond with Anakin, a look of annoyance on her face. Jacen was touching a bird.

The image reminded Jag of one from his own childhood. Davin and Chak had taken him to a small pond. Syal had snapped a holo of the boys feeding the wild water birds.

37. Money
    Syal handed a check to the clerk at the orphanage in Coronet. She hated the money she had made off propaganda films for the Empire. She decided it was best to give the money away. She had decided the orphanage would be a good choice. She didn?t know if her brother had ever been forced to go to an orphanage after their parents died. She wanted to help the children. Maybe, she thought, if she could help these children she could begin to make up for not coming for her brother. It was a large price she would never repay.

38. Uncle

Soontir stepped out of the lively living room and onto the balcony overlooking Coronet. His niece, Syal, stood with her arms wrapped tightly around her. The balcony had been a frequent spot for her after the war ended. Iella and Wedge had told Soontir and Syal that their niece?s fiancé had been killed in the fighting.

Soontir hesitated, and then place a comforting hand on Syal?s shoulder. Tiom?s parents had left an hour ago. Syal looked at him, tears in her eyes. She suddenly flung herself into his arms. Soontir rubbed his niece?s back soothingly until her cries died down.

39. Gizmo
    ?Reconnect the hyperdrive,? Jag instructed.

Cem nodded as he followed his brother?s instructions. Unlike his siblings, Cem couldn?t attend the naval academy. Jagged was home for a week break. He?d offered to teach Cem how to repair a Clawcraft. Cem took each lesson seriously. He wanted to fly. Those opportunities only came when Jag was on leave. Cem sounded enough like Jag that the Chiss wouldn?t think anyone else was in the cockpit.

Later that night, the brothers would slip into the simulation rooms at the naval barracks. Cem would use a generic guest code. Tomorrow night, he could fly.

40. Tales
    ?Did the princess live happily ever after, Daddy?? Cherith asked.

?Yes, she did,? Soontir answered, pulling the covers up to her.

Soontir removed the toy bejeweled tiara from her blond curls and placed it on the bedside table. Cherith insisted on wearing it every day.

Fifteen years later, Soontir clutched the plastic tiara as tears coursed down his cheeks. The flimsy headpiece snapped in two in his hands. With a shaking hand, he placed one broken half on his fallen princess?s head. The other piece he carried with him.

?I?m sorry I couldn?t give you a happily ever after, princess.?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi FG!! :*

Superb superb use of the prompts! And fast too LOL

Ducks :D

Tales :_|

Oh poor Soontir! I can feel his heart breaking!! :( A parent losing a child -- something never really becomes whole on the inside again. [face_thinking]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ducks sweet
    Money very nice to see something good coming from it

Tales :_|

14. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Tales was very sad :( but I enjoyed it all the same.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That last one seriously made me tear up. Poor Soontir and Cherith!!

16. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    These are just so great...

You're able to capture such a great range of emotion in so few words.

I loved all of them!!

~Celeste

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    36. Ducks
    aww lovely times when the family was still together

37. Money
    that?s a nice thought

38. Uncle
    aww ... poor Syal :(

39. Gizmo
    ROFL - sneaky [face_laugh]

40. Tales
    that?s rather sad :(

Awesome set, Fels =D=

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Hi FG!!
    Hi! [:D]

Superb superb use of the prompts! And fast too LOL
    Thanks!

Ducks
    That one took me awhile. I mean, have you ever seen a duck in Star Wars? :p

Tales Oh poor Soontir! I can feel his heart breaking!! A parent losing a child -- something never really becomes whole on the inside again.
    No, you never would be complete.

earlybird-obi-wan
    Money very nice to see something good coming from it
    Yes, indeed. Thank you!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Tales was very sad sad but I enjoyed it all the same.
    Thank you. :)

NYCitygurl
    That last one seriously made me tear up. Poor Soontir and Cherith!!
    Thank you very much!

CelseteAntola
    These are just so great...
    You're able to capture such a great range of emotion in so few words.
    I loved all of them!!

Thank you very much. I was hoping to snag several key moments and feelings.

Maggy
    38. Uncle aww ... poor Syal
    Yeah :(

39. Gizmo
    ROFL - sneaky laugh

Hehe, yep.

40. Tales
    that?s rather sad

:(

Awesome set, Fels applause
    Thank you!

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    41. Murder
    Murderer.

The word left a nasty taste in Jag?s mouth. He stabbed the power button on the remote with unnecessary force. Not even two weeks after the death of Darth Caedus and people were beginning to question the method of dispose.

Hearing Jaina called a murderer did not sit well with him. Not at all. He had been tempted to disconnect the holoscreen in her room, but it wouldn?t do any good. She would just have it plugged back in.

A week before she was pronounced a hero. Now they were calling her a murderer, a killer. A dangerous monster.

42. Mystery

Belts. Shoes. Pants. Shirts.
    Comforter. Blanket. Pillow. Undergarments.
    A hair band drops to the floor, forgotten on the floor. Lights dim.

Excited gasps. Quiet moans. Demands. Instructions.

Hot. Cold. Warm. Wet.
    Green eyes meet brown.

Grab. Pull. Trust. Fall.
    Kiss. Crush. Love. Lust.

Heavy breathing fills the air. Her hand grips his black hair.
    Time stretches. Legs bend.

Fingers stroke familiar lines.
    Calling. Needing. Teasing. Stopping.
    Faster. Slower. Harder. Softer.
    Over and over.

Spirits released. Stars collide.
    Loving whispers. Gentle. Tender.
    Eyes close. Arms hold. Sleeps comes crashing down.

Mourning takes them, breaks them.
    And sends them to be one.

43. Writer
    Click. Tick. The pen taps against your teeth.

Words will not come. This letter is impossible to write. What do you say to your long-lost brother? I?m sorry? How are the kids? Heard you blew up two Death Stars? Your son is leaving in two hours for Known Space. He will undoubtedly see your brother. What do you say?

You see him as he was as a boy, a teenager. You see him as he looked on the holonews reports. He is handsome, like your father. You are proud of him. You know he?s smart. You know you love him.

44. Retired
    Three deposits sat in the account untouched. Each came from a fallen child?s miniscule retirement fund. Each child started their fund upon entering the military, as their father instructed. After their deaths, the money was given to the parents. The parents placed the money in one account and left it untouched. No one wanted to spend the money. The money sat, drawing a small amount of interest for years. It wasn?t until the family lost a significant amount of money during the Killik War was the account even spoken of. It was left untouched, however, where it would stay longer.

45. Teacher
    Years of watching their mother?s holodramas had taught the children how to mask their face. While their father taught the importance of control, their mother taught how to appear calm, aloof and collected. Each child was an excellent actor. They may not be able to deliver lines with dramatic skills and flair or act out a believable death scene, but they could plaster a realistic grin or straight face on in a millisecond. The Fel children had emotions, but could hide perfectly. A mask kept you unpredictable, untouchable.

Only death could break that mask. Only death could crack their façade.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Retired -- how sad -- what a poignant symbol of the loss.

Teacher -- excelllent use of this prompt -- and exactly the things they'd learn from each parent

Writer and Murder :cool: =D=

Mystery -- wow FG! You know how to maximize the 100 word limit [face_laugh]

SQUEE!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful, moving pieces, each of them=D==D==D=

22. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    This really sums it up! Writer and Teacher were my faves. I also really liked Mystery.

23. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Not gonna lie, Mystery nearly killed me.

Mourning takes them, breaks them. :_|

This set is really, really amazing, I'm super impressed.

24. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Ducks - Great use of the prompt.

Tales - Very sad, but beautiful.

Murderer - One of my favorites, though it leaves me wanting more.

Teacher - The last line really makes this one.

Great job on all of them!

25. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Mystery - 100 simple words. Put them together and WOW !!! =P~

Incredible !!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.