main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fire and Ice- UDC 5, Fel family, Week 20- Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Mystery was AWESOME :D

I like Teacher a lot too, particularly the last line. Awesome set!

2. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    FG, I don't think it's even possible for me to pick out favorites any more. All of them are so poignant and beautiful.

DLPP

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Retired -- how sad -- what a poignant symbol of the loss.
    Teacher -- excelllent use of this prompt -- and exactly the things they'd learn from each parent
    Writer and Murder cool applause[/i]
    Thank you. :)

Mystery -- wow FG! You know how to maximize the 100 word limit laugh
    SQUEE!

[face_batting] Fun, wasn't it?

earlybird-obi-wan
    Beautiful, moving pieces, each of them applause applause applause
    Thank you very much!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    This really sums it up! Writer and Teacher were my faves. I also really liked Mystery.
    Thank you! Writer was fun.

Lady_Tahiri
    Not gonna lie, Mystery nearly killed me.
    Mourning takes them, breaks them.

I'm glad that final line worked. I debated about it for awhile. Poetic lines are not my strong suit.

This set is really, really amazing, I'm super impressed.
    [face_blush] Thank you so much.

Tarsier
    Ducks - Great use of the prompt.
    That one was a struggle.

Tales - Very sad, but beautiful.
    Really pulls at the heartstrings, doesn't it?

Murderer - One of my favorites, though it leaves me wanting more.

I may use that theme later on for another piece. It does leave room for more.

Great job on all of them!
    Thank you!

Kailene
    Mystery - 100 simple words. Put them together and WOW !!! drooling
    Incredible !!! applause

[face_mischief]
    Thank you!

NYCitygurl
    Mystery was AWESOME
    I thought I'd try something different. :D

I like Teacher a lot too, particularly the last line. Awesome set!

Thank you!

darkladypurplepencil
    FG, I don't think it's even possible for me to pick out favorites any more. All of them are so poignant and beautiful.

[face_blush] Thank you so much. That means a lot.

4. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    46. Captain
    Fire rained down from the sky. Soontir glanced at the captain on his right. The man stood rigidly, eyes wide at the destruction.

?Jade did that?? the captain asked.

?Yes,? Soontir replied as another tower from the Hand of Thrawn collapsed.

?Was this a?failure?? the captain asked with trepidation.

?Yes, Captain Raine, it was. Take this lesson to heart. Never underestimate a Jedi.?

?She did prove that her skills were more than adequate,? Raine quipped.

Soontir grinned bitterly, ?Yes, she did.?

Soontir and Raine stayed standing on the hill, watching the fire eat the building. Tomorrow they would move on.

47. Pilot
    Twist. Roll. Bank right. Bank left. Dodge. Loop. Shoot. Repeat.

Not die.

Soontir wasn?t stupid. He knew how few TIE pilots made it to age 30. He was determined not to be another number to the loss. He had survived this long because he was the best. It was not foolish pride. That would get him killed. It was a simple fact.

Lasers sliced through space. Soontir expertly maneuvered away from them, not even taking a scratch. He looped around behind his assailant, locked him in the crosshairs and fired. Soontir flew away before the debris cooled.

He would survive.

48. Mechanic

He was a mechanic. He had red-gold hair and blue eyes. His muscular arms were tanned from working in the sun. His right shoulder had a circular scar. His pants were ripped and covered in grease. A half-empty bottle of whiskey sat next to his toolbox. He was seated on a crate, adjusting some part in his hands.

He was exactly the type of man her father would disapprove of, Cherith thought. She wondered where he had come from. Few humans were at this base.

She smoothed her hair, straightened her uniform and walked over to him.

?Hi, I?m Cherith.?

49. Mercenary
    Davin hated playing mercenaries, but for some reason, it was Chak?s favorite game. It was his turn to choose what they would play. Chak chose Davin to be one of the mercenaries out of spite, he thought. Jagged and Cherith were either mercenaries or the law enforcement, depending on their mood. Or depending on what Chak and Davin had done to them recently.

Davin hated the game because mercenaries were worse than bad guys. They didn?t have principles. They just went wherever the money was. Davin found it selfish. He didn?t understand what Chak loved so much about the game.

50. Serenity
    The calm, cool sea air soothed Syal?s frayed nerves. Tomorrow she was leaving to become an actress. She didn?t know how long it would be before she would be able to see her home again. She wanted to capture the smell in a bottle and take it with her. The beaches of Corellia were beautiful and dangerous. As a child, she had had a difficult time believing how something so beautiful could be so harmful. Part of her still didn?t believe it.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head back to inhale the salty air. The future was here.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the new insights in the Fel family life. From action to humor to mush.

Mercenary was cute

and Serenity[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mechanic and Mercenary :D ;)

Pilot -- =D=

Captain -- yes! A little commentary on the amazing Mara!!! [face_dancing]

Serenity -- lovely scene there. Perfect.

7. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Jade_eyes nailed it! Great update as usual, keep up the great work!

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    they are all great :D

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Loved the new insights in the Fel family life. From action to humor to mush.
    Mercenary was cute
    and Serenity hugs

Thank you. I'm trying to mix up the different types of scenes I use.

Jade_eyes
    Mechanic and Mercenary grin wink
    Those Fel kids are always up to something. :p

Captain -- yes! A little commentary on the amazing Mara!!! dancing
    [face_laugh] I had to include that incident.

Serenity -- lovely scene there. Perfect.

Thank you!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Jade_eyes nailed it! Great update as usual, keep up the great work!
    Thank you!

Maggy
    they are all great grin
    Thanks!

10. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    51. Office
    If anyone had asked Soontir if he wanted to spend his days doing office work, he would have had his head checked. But here he was, doing paperwork. He did not hate the work, no he hated the reason he was there. He transferred to a desk job after the deaths of Davin and Cherith. He told Syal he couldn?t leave her. That was partly true. The reality was that Soontir didn?t trust himself to call the shots in the field. The last time he did that, he lost his daughter. His son had died on an attack he ordered.

52. Sales
    The saleswoman handed Chak a silver necklace. He could picture the look on his girlfriend Andi?s face when he gave her the gift. They had met aboard a transport cruiser. She worked as a navigator. They?d kept in contact after their initial meeting. She was sent with his team. The two started dating months ago. He hoped they would keep working together for a while.

He couldn?t imagine life without her. After the mission, he was hoping to bring her home to meet his family.

It never happened. Andi died two weeks later, the silver necklace clutched in her hand.

53. Accounting
    Syal hated having someone else track her finances, but she understood the necessity of it. Her parents had taught her how to do the accounting for their refueling station. Before she had left, Syal handled most of the bookkeeping.
    Her agent swore up and down that she needed a private account. Syal had agreed, if only to help invest her money. She didn?t need someone telling her how much she had. Her own records told her that.

She wished she had thought to thank her parents before she left for the lessons they had taught.

But it was too late.

54. Management
    Wynssa Starflare had found the perfect agent. He was an elderly gentleman; kind, but determined. He could smell out a scam or rotten deal before it crossed his desk. He knew what type of roles she liked and the types she would never do. Wynssa thought he was brilliant. She went through several management teams before she had found him. She knew she could trust him.

She grinned at the new role he?d found for her. A princess takes matters into her own hands when she?s kidnapped. It sounded like the perfect role. She nodded her consent and he grinned.

55. Temp
    Cem let out a loud burst of laughter as Wyn exited her room. She glared at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

?Don?t say a word,? she ground out.

Cem kept laughing. Wyn was going undercover to snoop out some information for their father. She?d dyed her hair fiery red, slipped in blue contacts and applied a temporary tattoo to her arm. She wore more make-up than Cem had ever seen on a woman. Her outfit was made of faux nerfhide and was padded to add bulk.

?You look good. Very smugglerish,? he said.

He barely missed her punch.

11. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Poor Chak, Sales was so sad.

Loved Accounting. That message is so very true.

Management - She grinned at the new role he?d found for her. A princess takes matters into her own hands when she?s kidnapped[face_thinking] Hmm, that sounds like a vaguely familiar story.

Temp - [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great response as usual to the prompts.

12. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    wow - you managed to work those words into SW?
    I'm still all :confused: over those 8-}

"Sales" is really sad as well as "Accouting" :(

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent use of all the prompts, humor and sad events mixed together.

=D==D==D=

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent innovative use of the prompts. =D= Temp [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can just picture Wyn!!!! [face_laugh]

15. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I love it! Sales was wonderful, and Temp was a riot! Gotta love Wyn!

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Kailene
    Poor Chak, Sales was so sad.
    Yeah. :(

Management - She grinned at the new role he?d found for her. A princess takes matters into her own hands when she?s kidnapped thinking Hmm, that sounds like a vaguely familiar story.
    Maybe. :p

Temp - laugh laugh
    Wyn the spy. :p

Great response as usual to the prompts.
    Thank you!

Maggy
    wow - you managed to work those words into SW?
    I'm still all confused over those silly

8-} Wasn't easy.

"Sales" is really sad as well as "Accouting" sad
    Thank you!

earlybird-obi-wan
    Excellent use of all the prompts, humor and sad events mixed together.
    Thank you!

Jade_eyes 7
    Excellent innovative use of the prompts. applause Temp laugh laugh
    I can just picture Wyn!!!! laugh

[face_laugh] Me too. Thank you!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    I love it! Sales was wonderful, and Temp was a riot! Gotta love Wyn!
    Thank you! I thought you all might enjoy Wyn like that.

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Challenge Set Twelve:
    56. Terrorists
    Chak preferred land combat to aerial combat. In the cockpit, he felt it was too easy to forget you were killing living beings. Chak saw the men he killed; the whites of their eyes as life escaped their bodies. Each death reminded him of his own mortality. It reminded him of Davin, gone for two years now.

Blood splattered against his ripped uniform. Blood from his allies, his opponents. Shrapnel lay scattered on the landscape. The cries of the dying filled the air. The smell of burnt hair and flesh wafted through the breeze.

He had won. He had lost.

57. Deadline
    Syal waited on the white sandy shores of Corellia for Soontir?s arrival. He had told her he would be back by this week. Little Davin sat in the sand at her feet, squishing the wet grains between his fingers and laughing. She cradled Chak in her arm as he slept.

If he did not return, he may be dead. Syal understood the risks of his job. She had known the night she met him that he may never return from an assignment.

She grinned as a TIE Fighter appeared in the distance. She recognized his flying style.

He was home.

58. Jack
    Explosions rocked the air as members of the 181st raced through the landscape. Soldiers dove into manholes, crawled through trenches and scaled walls. Blood, dirt and sweat cakes their skin. They were sore, exhausted and broken. Any man unable to withstand the training was out. Fel warned them on the first day that he would turn them into a real, capable tool for the Empire. They would fight not only in the air, but also on the ground. They would demand fear and respect from all those in the galaxy. They would be the best, because he was the best.

59. Defiant

He had never defied his father?s orders. He had no problem defying his superiors? orders, but never his father?s. Davin knew that sometimes his superiors were wrong. Sometimes they made the wrong call. He had defied their orders to save someone; to complete an unseen objective. He was reprimanded each time, but it didn?t change his resolve.

He didn?t know how to get out of this mess. His father had ordered him here. He couldn?t, wouldn?t abandon his squadmates, even though he knew that was what his father would tell him.

His last order from his father, he would defy.

60. 24
    Stang.

He?s lost. Again.

Jag threw down the cards, trying to ignore the smirks on Zekk and Jaina?s faces.

?I can?t believe you agreed to play against her,? Zekk commented.

Jag rolled his eyes, ?It beats sitting around doing nothing.?

?Frankly, I?m amazed you?ve gambled before, Fel. Isn?t that against your code of conduct or something?? Zekk shot back.

?I?m surprised you even know what that is,? Jag replied, smirking.

Jaina rolled her eyes. The search for Alema Rar was sending them to yet another location. She sensed no malicious intent from either man, but there was an underlying tension.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense action-packed set. =d=

24 LOL !! I bet there's tension [face_mischief]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great set showing the horrors of fighting, the sweetness of coming home and the fun at a game.=D==D==D=

20. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Pilot - Not die. Always good advice.

Mercenary - Interesting insights into Davin and Chak.

Sales - the silver necklace clutched in her hand. Poignant and very sad.

Temp - Cute story. "Smugglerish" - that word definitely needs to be used more often. :cool:
    Probably a silly question, but are Mechanic and Temp parts of the same story? That's pretty funny if they are.

Terrorist - Intense look into the mind of a solider.

24 - Fun story. I like the banter between Zekk and Jag.

Great work, as always.

21. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    For me, Defiant took the cake. They were all wonderful, but something about Defiant really touched me. Great job!

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Intense action-packed set. =d=
    Those words demanded it, I think. ;)

24 LOL !! I bet there's tension mischief
    Can't imagine why. :p Thanks for reading.

earlybird-obi-wan
    great set showing the horrors of fighting, the sweetness of coming home and the fun at a game. applause applause applause
    Thank you very much.

Tarsier
    Pilot - Not die. Always good advice.
    That should probably be rule number one.

Mercenary - Interesting insights into Davin and Chak.
    There's not much about either character. It gives me fairly free range.

Sales - the silver necklace clutched in her hand. Poignant and very sad.
    Thank you.

Temp - Cute story. "Smugglerish" - that word definitely needs to be used more often. cool
    Probably a silly question, but are Mechanic and Temp parts of the same story? That's pretty funny if they are.

Agreed. Smugglerish should be a part of common vocabulary. No, they aren't.

Terrorist - Intense look into the mind of a solider.
    I wasn't sure if that one would work or not.

24 - Fun story. I like the banter between Zekk and Jag.
    Great work, as always.

Thank you!

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    For me, Defiant took the cake. They were all wonderful, but something about Defiant really touched me. Great job!
    That one is my favorite. I have touched on Cherith and Chak's deaths, but not Davin's. Thank you.

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Challenge Set Thirteen
    A/N: Enterprise is the name of a rental car company around here. I kept thinking of their annoying commercials when I read the prompt. :p

61. Enterprise

?Throw that name out,? Wyn said to Jag as they looked over a list of suggested names for new Star Destroyers.

?Which one??

?Enterprise. It?s the name of a rental speeder business. Horrible quality.?

Jag deleted the entry from the list. It was growing smaller and smaller. ?This process is harder than it needs to be.?

?Close your eyes and point. That?s what I do when I can?t decide.?

?And how well does that work for you?? Jag asked skeptically.

Wyn shrugged, ?I wouldn?t recommend using that method at a restaurant.?

?Ah, that?s how you ended up with eel dish.?

62. Galaxy
    Stars twinkled mockingly in the clear night sky, as if to boast freedom. It was the first clear night that week. Jag had an estimate, one he was sure was accurate based off planet rotation, on the exact date. He was grateful that he could escape his dwelling for the evening. He sat on the hard ground against a large rock, staring at the stars. He wondered where his family was and what they were doing. He hoped they were okay. He?d been stranded on Tenupe for roughly eight months now. He wouldn?t give up; quitting was against his nature.

63. Federation
    Soontir knew it was petty to be annoyed that Mara Jade Skywalker had come to Csilla asking for help finding Zonoma Sekot. He knew that he should be willing to assist in ending the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. He couldn?t help it, though. Seeing her again reminded him of the Hand of Thrawn?s destruction. It reminded him of how badly he had failed. The fact that Wyn wanted to help the Jedi only made it worse. She knew what Mara had done.

She had blown up his personal ship. Deep down, he knew that?s what annoyed him the most.

64. Next
    Wynssa was listed as the next of kin for Chak and Jag after Cherith died. The brothers had decided that because she was so young, she was the safest choice. All of their belongings, should they die in combat, would be addressed to her. She wouldn?t open them. Soontir knew about the arrangement and was prepared to intercept any package. The main reason they choose her was because of credits. Any money the brothers had would go to Wynssa. An informal agreement was set up for her to split it with Cem. They knew the preparations were morbid, but necessary.

65. Generation
    Davin was Baron Soontir Fel. He was an excellent pilot; skilled, accomplished. He demanded respect the instant he entered a room or cockpit. He upheld his position with pride and determination. At seventeen, he knew what he had to become. He would one day take the place of his father and inherit his title. He had accepted this fate. He studied everything his father had done carefully. He would continue to uphold the Fel family name with honor and dignity. No award, no accolade could surpass that.

He stared into the mirror. He was ready to make his family proud.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    eel dish, something like Yoda's stew[face_sick] loved the humor in Enterprise

And Jag and his musings=D=

Soontir grumping about Mara and his ship=D=

Next was heartbreaking.

And Generation so fitting for the next Fel=D=

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent set.

Enterprise ;) [face_laugh] That method definitely wouldn't work at a restaurant [face_laugh]

Galaxy -- nice. :D Jag's determination :cool:

Federation -- ooh!!! [face_mischief] I guess it depends on which side you're on. Mara's actions with the Hand of Thrawn were actually quite the bomb and her and Luke winding up together [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.