main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fire and Ice- UDC 5, Fel family, Week 20- Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Boys, Controversy and Profanity =D=

It's the worst of the down side of a public person's life -- no privacy :( But you can't put your tender spontaneous moments aside just because someone is watching :p [face_frustrated]

Profanity was great -- that little everyday moment of gentle closeness. :D

:)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved them all.=D=

Boys, yeah staying inside is not for boys[face_mischief]

And a take on a snow covered mountain brrrr.

Town had me smiling and controversy. Yes:( that's always with celebrities.

Profanity loved to see more Jaina and Jag every day life.

3. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I love Controversy and Profanity! Awesome work! You do such an amazing job of capturing the simple moments powerfully.

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Boys, Controversy and Profanity applause
    It's the worst of the down side of a public person's life -- no privacy sad But you can't put your tender spontaneous moments aside just because someone is watching tongue frustrated

Yeah, it is. Glad they don't hold back. ;)

Profanity was great -- that little everyday moment of gentle closeness.

Thanks very much. :D

earlybird-obi-wan
    loved them all. applause
    Boys, yeah staying inside is not for boys mischief

Any small children cooped up too long is a formula for trouble. :p

And a take on a snow covered mountain brrrr.
    Agreed.

Town had me smiling and controversy. Yes sad that's always with celebrities.

Most definitely.

Profanity loved to see more Jaina and Jag every day life.

Thank you for reading. :)

EmpressJainaSoloFel
    I love Controversy and Profanity! Awesome work! You do such an amazing job of capturing the simple moments powerfully.

Thank you so much!

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    86. Steed
    Syal rushed forward, throwing her arms around Soontir. He had finally returned home. He had defected from the Empire for her. He had left the New Republic to keep her and their children safe. He had left everything he knew to keep her safe. There was no greater love, she knew. He told her he held no regrets, and she believed him. He stared at her, eyes soft. He leaned down and kissed her. The children chattered around them, anxious to greet their beloved father.

The excitement was almost enough to drown out the guilt of leaving her brother behind.

87. Peel
    Davin peeled off his shirt and pressed it to the back of Chak?s head to try to stop the bleeding. Chak and Davin had been climbing trees on Nirauan when a branch broke and Chak had fallen. He had hit his head on the ground.

?Chak. Can you hear me??

Chak groaned, eyes opening slowly. ?What happened??

?You fell out of a tree,? Davin said. He lifted his shirt away to check the wound.

?Mom is going to freak,? Chak muttered as he sat up. ?Get your shirt back on. No one wants to see that.?

?Shut up,? Davin muttered.

88. Gale

Soontir stared out his office window at the snowstorm. He wouldn?t be going home tonight. He was confident he could make it through the storm, but the base commanders forbid anyone to leave. He had called Syal to tell her the news. He had heard the children squealing in the background. He felt incredibly guilty that he couldn?t come home to help.

He knew Syal could handle it. He was sure that by now she had Wyn and Cem in bed. Cherith and Jagged would follow. Chak and Davin were negotiating for five more minutes to play their video game.

89. Stylish
    The wide ribbon was ivory. Purple thread was embroidered into the surface. It wound around her head, holding her blond curls away from her face.

?Well?? Wyn asked Jag.

?I don?t know. You tell me,? he said with a shrug.

Wyn rolled her eyes, ?It looks perfect. The color will stand out against her hair.?

?Whose hair? I still don?t understand why I?m here.?

?Because, Jagged, you aren?t going to go back to see your girlfriend without a gift. Haven?t you learned anything from watching father?? Wyn said with a look.

Men, she thought as she picked up a necklace.

90. Needed
    Jag?s helmet clattered to the ground. He stared at her for a moment, and then rushed forward to take Jaina into his arms. His hands roamed her body as he searched for injuries. He had hated leaving her at Bilbringi, not knowing if she would survive. With the Holonet down, he had no way to know if she had survived the fight.

He knew people were staring, but he didn?t care. All that mattered was that Jaina was here, safe in his arms.

?I love you, Jaina,? he whispered to her and caught her lips in a fiery, passionate kiss.

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awww... again another great set! But my favorite was of course Needed! [face_love] but then Peel and Gale were awesome too!

I am immensely enjoying these!!!

=D=

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    How did I get so far behind again? You are just way too fast. :p

Week 16 - Each one of these fit the prompt perfectly! My favorites were Thief and Barbarian.

Week 17 - Town - Great characterization of Syal. Controversy and Profanity - Great captured moments, I like the parents' reaction to their son being on camera.

Week 18 - My favorite is Peel, sweet and funny. Also liked Stylish (silly Jag just doesn't get it!) and...really, all of them are great!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Peel and Gale[face_laugh] kids and Needed so sweet[face_love]
    Stylish yes that's for girls=D=
    And Steed: a father coming home

Loved them all=D==D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great family moments and Stylish and Needed -- loved the Jag focus. :D

10. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Loved Peel [face_laugh]

And Stylish, Jag just doesn't have a clue, too funny. Jeez, Men! :rolleyes:

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Yup, haven't read these before! :D

He had defected from the Empire for her.

:) :) Her train of thought is adorable.
    But awww. I think I'd feel worse if I didn't know that she and Wedge kind of mend things later on.

87. They?re such boys :p Very cute use of the prompt.

He was confident he could make it through the storm, but the base commanders forbid anyone to leave.

*sigh* he WOULD be that confident. At least he?s following orders [face_laugh]

89. Was freaking adorable!! Oh I love Wyn. She?s a wonderful, helpful sister :)

90. I love the raw emotion Jag now allows himself to show around Jaina.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Master_Jaina1011
    Awww... again another great set! But my favorite was of course Needed! love but then Peel and Gale were awesome too!

Needed is one of my favorites. :)

I am immensely enjoying these!!!

Glad to hear it. Thank you!

Tarsier

How did I get so far behind again? You are just way too fast. tongue

I can't help it. :p

Week 16 - Each one of these fit the prompt perfectly! My favorites were Thief and Barbarian.

Thank you!

Week 17 - Town - Great characterization of Syal. Controversy and Profanity - Great captured moments, I like the parents' reaction to their son being on camera.

It would be hard, but I can see why they would want to see it.

Week 18 - My favorite is Peel, sweet and funny. Also liked Stylish (silly Jag just doesn't get it!) and...really, all of them are great!

Those Fel boys. :p

earlybird-obi-wan
    Peel and Gale laugh kids and Needed so sweet love
    Stylish yes that's for girls applause
    And Steed: a father coming home
    Loved them all applause applause

Kids are quite entertaining. Thank you!

Jade_eyes

Great family moments and Stylish and Needed -- loved the Jag focus. grin

I do tend to lean that way. :p Thank you!

Kailene
    Loved Peel laugh
    Crazy boys. :p

And Stylish, Jag just doesn't have a clue, too funny. Jeez, Men! rolling_eyes

Exactly. :rolleyes: They don't get it. Thanks so much!

SWpants666

happy happy Her train of thought is adorable.
    But awww. I think I'd feel worse if I didn't know that she and Wedge kind of mend things later on.

Syal and Soontir are adorable.

87. They?re such boys tongue Very cute use of the prompt.
    Hehe, yep.

*sigh* he WOULD be that confident. At least he?s following orders laugh
    [face_laugh] This time.

89. Was freaking adorable!! Oh I love Wyn. She?s a wonderful, helpful sister happy

She's a lot of fun.

90. I love the raw emotion Jag now allows himself to show around Jaina.

It's so sweet. Thank you very much!

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    91. Theater
    ?My mother would be beside herself,? Jag whispered into Jaina?s ear.

?And I thought this evening would be dull,? Jaina replied with a chuckle. She clutched Jag?s left arm as they exited the auditorium. Her ebony taffeta skirt swished around her as they rushed down the staircase. Jag had been roped into viewing a performance with other dignitaries. There had been an exhibit featuring war propaganda. Several pieces starred Wynssa Starflare.

?She hates those pieces,? Jag said. ?She feels like she helped lead innocent men to their deaths.?

?You could always erase them from the Imperial archives, ?Jaina pointed out.

92. Singing
    Syal inhaled deeply, appreciating the distinct aroma of backstage. She hadn?t performed on stage in decades. The wrecked opera house was on Corellia. The theater had been destroyed by aerial bombardment during the last war. She and Soontir had finally returned to their home planet. Her parents had taken her to see her first play. It had been a perfect night. Her father had managed to take her backstage.

Syal had fallen in love with the sights, the smells of the theater. She didn?t see the ruins; she saw performers. She saw life. She saw art. She saw her dreams.

93. Jokes
    She was sitting on a dented crate in the far corner of the hanger bay Shadu Maad. She had finally been released from the med center. Jag approached her slowly and sat next to her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

?His jokes.?

?What?? Jag asked.

?All I can think of are Jacen?s stupid jokes,? Jaina explained quietly, staring at her hands.

He rubbed her arm affectionately and kissed the top of her head. He had done everything possible, and some of the impossible, to stay with her. He didn?t say anything; he didn?t need to. She already knew.

94. Guests

The ballroom was filled with celebrities and politicians. It was some type of charity gala; Soontir had forgotten whom it was for. Wynssa had invited him. He was running late and had promised to meet her. His eyes darted around the room, seeking her out.

There! She was standing next to an archway, champagne flute in one hand. Her midnight blue gown clung to her in a tasteful, yet alluring way. Her blond curls were loose, cascading over her shoulders.

Soontir?s breath caught in his throat as she turned. Her back was bare. Her smile lit a fire inside him.

95. Puppets

He slammed his fists into the steel wall, ignoring the pain. His jaw was clenched with anger. Once again, she had been forced to sacrifice her personal happiness for the galaxy. It was too damn much to ask for someone else to solve the latest crisis. Force forbid those in charge took responsibility.

She?d cried, begging him to wait for her. He said he would. He?d ignore his orders and stay for her. He always did. He loved her. He couldn?t refuse her.

He was angry because she cried. He was angry for the constant turmoil the Jedi caused her.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Theatre, Jokes and Puppets, precisely describing what Jag and Jaina are feeling. Great

And the other two funny with Soontir and Syal=D==D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Singing and Guests - :cool:

Theater -- [face_thinking]

Jokes -- :(

Puppets -- tell them Jag. [face_frustrated]

16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?She hates those pieces,? Jag said. ?She feels like she helped lead innocent men to their deaths.?

?You could always erase them from the Imperial archives, ?Jaina pointed out.

I don?t blame her. It?s unfortunate that they were still showing them.

Jag totally should! Hahaha

92. Made me smile. Despite all those years, she really is still at home on stage.

93. Was, I?m sorry, hysterical. [face_laugh]. Little Jacen would be extremely proud to know that his lame jokes are haunting his sister years and years later.

That was a cute use of that prompt. It was perfect too.

Soontir had forgotten whom it was for. Wynssa had invited him. He was running late and had promised to meet her.

Meh, the reason isn?t important. What is is that he showed up :)

95. Confused me at first and then I got to the end. Though the ?Force? in the first paragraph should have tipped me off.

That was sad.

17. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    ?You could always erase them from the Imperial archives, ?Jaina pointed out. [face_laugh] He so totally should do that.

Jokes - Good job with combining happy memories with sad remembrances.

Puppet - Intense. Very well written. You really nailed his emotions.

Great job with the prompts.

18. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Singing - I like the way you mix the past and present. Syal will always be a performer at heart. :)

Jokes - This was great! Love that she can still remember Jacen as a sweet kid.

Puppets - I like the way you worked the theme into this one. Love how protective Jag is of Jaina, doing everything he can for her even if it doesn't seem like much.

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Theatre, Jokes and Puppets, precisely describing what Jag and Jaina are feeling. Great
    And the other two funny with Soontir and Syal applause applause

Thank you very much.

Jade_eyes
    Singing and Guests - cool Those two are quite fun.

Jokes -- sad I was both angry and impressed at how Denning used those stupid jokes to head the chapters in Invincible.

Puppets -- tell them Jag. frustrated
    Mmhm. Love writing angry Jag.

SWpants666

I don?t blame her. It?s unfortunate that they were still showing them.
    A bitter reminder.

Jag totally should! Hahaha
    Abuse of power? Nah. :p

92. Made me smile. Despite all those years, she really is still at home on stage.
    That one was my favorite.

93. Was, I?m sorry, hysterical. laugh . Little Jacen would be extremely proud to know that his lame jokes are haunting his sister years and years later.
    You know, after I read your comment, I thought of him sitting in a room laughing with sweet satisfaction. [face_laugh]

Meh, the reason isn?t important. What is is that he showed up happy
    He's determined.

95. Confused me at first and then I got to the end. Though the ?Force? in the first paragraph should have tipped me off.

That was sad.

Thank you very much. :)

Kailene
    ?You could always erase them from the Imperial archives, ?Jaina pointed out. laugh He so totally should do that.
    There has to be some kind of perk to his job. :p

Jokes - Good job with combining happy memories with sad remembrances.
    Thank you.

Puppet - Intense. Very well written. You really nailed his emotions.
    I like writing angry Jag, for some reason.

Tarsier

Singing - I like the way you mix the past and present. Syal will always be a performer at heart. happy
    That one I was unsure of how the mix would work.

Jokes - This was great! Love that she can still remember Jacen as a sweet kid.

Stupid Wampa joke. :p

Puppets - I like the way you worked the theme into this one. Love how protective Jag is of Jaina, doing everything he can for her even if it doesn't seem like much.

Thank you very much.

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you all for reading and continued support. I have truly enjoyed writing this particular piece.

Week 20
    96. Girl
    He had known this day would come. He had been terrified that it would and wouldn?t pass. It was something he?d never experienced with Cherith but longed to.

It was his Wyn?s wedding day.

She was marrying an Imperial officer she had met on Jag?s flagship. He was respectful, compassionate and a talented navigator.

Soontir told Jag that had he been paying more attention to his subordinates and less to his own personal affairs, they wouldn?t be in this predicament.

Soontir?s breath caught in his throat as Wyn entered the room. She was breathtaking. His heart cracked as she smiled.

97. Secret
    Soontir clutched his wife?s hand as a spike of pain coursed through his system. He was joining Davin, Cherith and Chak. He hated that his passing would hurt Syal, but he knew she would make it. She was strong. He knew he would not have survived her passing. It was selfish of him to want to die first. He was shamefully grateful it had happened this way.

He stared into her beautiful, green eyes. His fingers grazed her cheek one last time. He tugged her lips to his. His last shuddering breath left as the kiss ended.

He died smiling.

98. Blood
    There was so much blood.

Jag held his newborn son against his chest as he watched helplessly from a distance as medics rushed to stop his wife?s bleeding. The birth of their son, the child they had wanted so much, had occurred mere minutes ago. The infant was crying, sensing his mother?s plight. He was healthy.

The infants cries increased as the medics worked more frantically. Jag had to take his son from the room. He stared through the window, praying and hoping. He tried to quiet the boy, but nothing would placate him.

The cries continued to grow louder.

99. Magic
    Cem didn?t believe in magic and fairy tales. The heroes didn?t die in fairy tales. They always won and got the girl. Everyone lived happily ever after.

His family was living proof that the magic of fairytales was a lie. His brothers and sister, all heroes, died. His surviving brother, another hero, would get the girl and lose her. The man his baby sister had a crush on turned out to be an evil Sith Lord. He had been forced to hide his entire life. His family had been thrown from one government to another.

No, there was no magic.

100. Slayer
    Death and heartache. Pain and suffering . Loss and love. Each lesson came at a price. Death stole not one, but three children. The very society that took them in cast out another son like a dirty animal. Life jerked them around, stabbing their hearts.

But they never fell. The bonds were strong; hearts full of determination and resolve. Each shatter was mended. Each string restrung. For each break, the heart grew twice as thick. For each cut, scars grew deeper.

They are damaged, but cannot be stopped for each will do what they must.

No matter what the cost.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Girl -- :D Aww.

Secret -- :(

Blood -- :eek: [face_worried]

Slayer -- =D= =D= Lyrical and insightful summation on the Fels' strength through adversity.

@};-

Kudos for completing, and on time!!!

[:D]

22. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    I still can't believe how quickly you get these done! A very lovely set, as usual.

Girl - glad to see one more happy moment. :)

Secret - a sad, bittersweet end to Soontir. At least he died with a smile on his face.

Blood - Oh no! Just one more trial before all ends happily, I hope.

Magic - sad, but true. Especially if you're a Fel.

Slayer - a great place to end, a nice summary of what it means to be a Fel.

Excellent job on the entire challenge! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the Fels better. =D= =D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW so much emotions in all five drabbles.

Great ending to a delightful read.

Loved to know more about the Fel family and you have done a great job.=D==D=

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I can't believe these are done! I really enjoyed your insights on the Fel family, and you just made me love them more!!!

And this last set, great!!! I loved it!

=D=:D

25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    96. was amazing. I think you captured Soontir?s emotions as both a father and a Fel perfectly. It made me smile

97. Was sad! No! I don?t want to think of him as dying!
    I completely understand his secret of wanting to die before her.
    *hugs Syal*

98. That scared me at first. It?s a beautiful use of the prompt, despite the fact that, you know, it?s blood. And that the baby wouldn?t stop crying :p
    It was still beautiful

His family was living proof that the magic of fairytales was a lie. His brothers and sister, all heroes, died. His surviving brother, another hero, would get the girl and lose her.

:(
    The entire thing was sad, but those were the most depressing sentences in all of it.
    Only you, Fels. Only you would take some awesome prompt like magic and butcher it, while doing something precious for blood [face_laugh]

100. Was a sad, bittersweet, perfect ending for the drabbles. I could mentally see a beacon of light as I read it.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.