main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Thank you everyone for your help!!!

2. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    I thought they weren't releasing the live action series until 2008 or 2009. I seem to remember reading this somewhere. But the 3D animated one might be in 2007...

And I think, if they have SW actors there, it's worth going, whether there's a new SW movie/show happening or not!

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Live action show = 2008. LBH.

!snap

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just read some on "some other forum" that indicated that C4 will be announced next month; Date: 25 May, 2007, Location: California.

It came from a source that had no reason to make something up, and as far as I'm concerned, it confirms what I've heard from a few other sources as well.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    That would be great for me. School will be out by then so I don't have to worry about skipping :)

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Oh woofer, I hope you are right![face_praying]

7. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    :_| Noooo!! I don't want to fly! [face_worried]

If the Divine wanted me to fly, She would have made me an Eagle, not a Turkey.

8. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    Not California! I have nothing against California, I would love to visit, but we just can't afford to fly a family of 5 there and back plus accomodations & etc. If it was just me and one other person, I would be there in a heartbeat!

9. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I wonder if the local YMCAs or YWCAs can accomodate people? I'm serious about this. I've never stayed at a YMCA but I heard they are a cheap place to find shelter. Just an idea.

I hope this helps.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

10. fanboymt

fanboymt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    I've heard the same thing. May 24-27, 2007 in the LA convention center, with an official announcement to come in the next month. I've heard guests are already being booked with these dates, so it's probably pretty set. Not exactly thrilled with the location choice....actually, to be quite honest, I'm disgusted with it, and will have to seriously reconsider my going, but what's done is (or soon shall be from the sounds of it) done. They've alienated a good portion of the fans that would have traveled to this. It's not feasible for some to fly, and too expensive to drive, since most of the area lodgings charge you not only for your room, but daily parking fees as well.

11. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, this is most interesting. I would've liked CIV to be a little closer. But, this'll do. I'm making it my mission to attend next year! I REALLY hope at least some part of this announcement is TRUE! :)

12. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Mid-country would've worked for me, but if it truly is in Los Angeles, I won't be attending due to travelling and accomodation expenses. I think they'll have shut out nearly half the U.S. and Canadian fans by puting it in L.A.

13. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I would think that's the big issue here. I wouldn't mind getting on a plane to fly to LA as I haven't been to a Celebration before. I wouldn't mind going to L.A.

It's just that others might find it to be a problem.

14. fanboymt

fanboymt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    Believe me, I SOOOO hope what I've heard is wrong.....very, very wrong. Time will tell, however.

15. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    So, is it true that some kind of an annoucement will be made next month?

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Thats what was said. Perhaps on the 29th Anniversary?

17. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I really hope this is wrong, since it will likely price me right out of attending. :_|

18. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Would make sense in a way, I guess. I guess we will have to wait and see. If anything does happen.

19. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I really hope this isn't true, but if it is it will give me an excuse to take my wife to Disneyland... I guess I could just make a week of it if I'm gonna have to fly out there anyway.

20. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I remember hearing all these other places before c3 too.I want to see it made official.We always hear how Lucas is trying to save money LA would not be a wise choice.As far as Im concerned other parts of california I may have went for but not LA.

21. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    I'm not happy about the choice either, but I'm still going to try and make it. I wonder if they have shuttles to drive people from the airport to hotels, and hotels to the convention center?

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    So...it's official...California? :(

23. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    OK, on that I have to comment.

California is a huge cost saving measure! Think about it. Most, if not all, of the actors live in and around Los Angeles. You don't need to fly them into another city, you don't need to put them up in hotels. Actors who are generally too busy to take a week off for a convention can instead make a one day appearance simply by driving in!

Also I have friends who were part of the LA bid team, and I have seen the price the LACC is going to charge for the entire facility for that week, and trust me its extremely cheap. LACC really wants to host this con and apparently are willing to take a huge loss on the rent, knowing just how much money will be brought in for the local economy.

So the cost was definitely a consideration.

Once again, no matter what city got picked, somebody is going to complain. Its impossible to please everyone. I'm sure the European fans didn't like Indy. It meant switching planes at least once (more potential to lose luggage I would think) and add to the overall travel time and cost as well. At least with LA there are so many direct flights from all over the world that it too would be a cost saving for the majority of the fans that wish to atend.

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That sucks, if it is going to be in Cali it will probably be out of my price range.

25. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I still will not believe it till I see it.But for those who are going how close from the airport to the covention site?Will a rental car be a must?Which is another 300.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.