main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I too will be graduating in spring of 07 so I'm not sure I'll be there. If I can be there though, I will be. JD, that would be awesome if you had the wedding at C4 or at least a post wedding fling. I can't wait to meet up with everyone again.

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey guys! Nice to see a few familiar name on here.

I was reading all the posts about C4. And I did a bit calculating...and if we were to start saving at least $10 per week right now, we would have:

Weeks per year = 52

Days Per Year = 365

$10 per week saved = $7,300 for C4.

*edit*...I think my math is right. And if so, I am SO going to C4!!

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Actually, your math is quite a bit off, if it is to be held in April/May of 2007, and a person was to save $10 per week, then you are looking at:

$10 * (52+34) = $860

Now, if you are saying $10 per day is saved then you are looking at:

$10 * (365+243) = $6080

Now, personally, if C4 is the same length as last time, I am going to need to average saving almost $20 per week, but right now my budget can't afford for me to put aside anything for C4.

4. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey guys. I just got this email from the 501st boards. What do you think?

"This just in on AP Wire, Steven Spielberg to produce Star Wars Episode VII. The movie is yet to receive a title, but Mr. Spielberg hinted that the film is based on the Rebel Alliance's attempts at cloning extinct species from Dagobah."

Brad " Fallenjedi" Wilson
    TK 662
    Midwest Garrison
    Kilted Trooper
    R2 Builders Member
    Sabersmith's Member

Thanks Brad for posting this. Now, how many of you believe this? If it is true, the story sounds a bit weird to me.

And as for the math, I was quite tired when I did it. Sorry about that [face_blush]

5. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey guys, just wanted to know if there is ANY offical info on C4 yet

thanks

6. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Nothing yet... still only that tidbit from Mary Franklin in the first post.

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    You guys sure are planning to spend a lot for C4. I managed to do the whole trip to C3 for about $800 (I was only able to come for 2 days of the con. though).
    I'm looking forward to C4 this time I'm going to stay for every day of the Con! Should be good no matter where it may be.

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi AMy!

I think I spent more at CIII on toys and food than I did for my hotel and airfare.

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Hi! :)
    Good point!~ I think I only spent about $150 on merchandise (100 of which was my force fx saber!)
    But then again being a recent college grad. I didn't have tons of money to burn.
    There is always next time though! LOL! [face_mischief]

10. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, I am actually factoring in the cost of 2 people. My wife joined me at C3, but I have a feeling that I would likely be flying solo for C4, so costs might cut a bit, but I don't want to have a tight budget.

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    yeah i plan on spending a bunch of cash at c4. Even if my wife and kids don't come. lol, Ive missed the last 3 so i want to make up for it.

12. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I got unofficial word that C4 will be on the West Coast but not in Vegas. :(

13. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    west coast thats a bummer, just mean i have to save more money. for either a plane ticket or a really long car ride.

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah that's the part I'm not looking forward to, the really long car ride there. :(

15. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    May I ask where and how you got "unofficial" word on this?

16. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Yeah I too would like to know where it came from.

17. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Lots of people have unofficial sources who have told them things. 99.9999999999% of them will turn out wrong.

Here's what you can go by:

C4, if it happens, will take place sometime in 2007 or after, and will be held in the United States. :p

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    All I can say is that my info came second hand from Steve Samsweet. Like I said "unofficial".

19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Food for though: Lucas has moved all of his operations into the Letterman Digital Arts center in what was formally part of The Presidion in San Francisco. Could it be that CIV will coincide with some event planned there, like the opening of a new public museum or something?

(P.S. It's Sansweet)

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I have 2nd hand info from Sansweet's boss that's different, that's all I'm saying. (Howard Roffman...though I don't know if he's technically Steve's boss or not).

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Considering that I was second hand to the assistantof the aide to the the regional assistant manager who catered the second camera crew on ROTJ who has a cousin living in California who knows someone who has a friend who saw something on TV about George Lucas, I would have to say that I will wait for an announcement on TF.N or SW.com before I make any plans.

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Probably sound advice. ;)

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

I only posted what I heard from a sound source, no need to be rude about it. If I hear anything else, I'll keep it to myself.

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm sorry if it sounded rude. I was just trying to establish the distance that I have and solidified the stance that I would probably be one of the last people to hear anything. Nothing big gets announced here in Buffalo. it's like we're the armpit of America.

[face_peace]

25. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, if it is held on the West Coast, then I better REALLY start saving! However, I would personally prefer it back in Indy, only because it is within driving distance for me and my friends!

If it is held on the WC, are we talking Vegas...???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.