main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Concept Art of a Lucasarts game that will be shown at E3!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I WANT JEDI STARFIGHTER ON PC!

:D

2. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Sithman will be along shortly I think...

;)

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Confirmation that the tank above is from "Clone Wars" for the PS2 & Gamecube;

[image=http://www.theforce.net/games/newspics/clonewars_egm.jpg]

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    BOOYA! Who guessed it? Me! w00t! w00t!

\\does a jig\\

5. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    i found out this site but cant access the picture

http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/screens.jsp?num=3
    and
    http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/screens.jsp?num=4

can anybody acces it?

6. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    It isn't anything. You get the same screen for http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/screens.jsp?num=65536 for example.

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    woops my mistake

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/images/3.jpg]

The clothing looks vaguely Roman. Could this be the rumoured Gladius?

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/images/4.jpg]

10. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    The rumoured Gladius?
    :confused:

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    What do you mean :confused: ?

I put a link direct to the rumour/info in my post.

12. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Please tell me that the Bounty Hunter game isn't going to be a cel-shaded cartoon...

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL. Dragon's Lair engine...

14. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Man, I sure HOPE not! ;)

15. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Why do game developers think we want cel-shaded games anyhow? They're not Henry Ford and I want my games in 3D. I hope no one buys Robotech:Battlecry and the new Zelda to teach these SOB's to listen to what the consumer wants and not what they want to try. I'm all for artistic license but there's nothing artistic about a piece of poop flung onto a screen (AKA cel-shading.)

//End rant

16. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Personally, I don't like the style myself. I don't care much for Disney cartoons, and I don't really care to play vid games that LOOK like Disney cartoons... and I DEFINITELY don't care to play a STAR WARS game that looks like a Disney cartoon! I just hope that shot from Bounty Hunter is only concept art...

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    it IS concept art.

18. General_Flagg

General_Flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I think LucasArts' games that aren't Star Wars are alright. I mean I don't mind playing them but I would have to say Star Wars should be a priority for them, then Indiana Jones, and all the rest last. Though I haven't played Sam and Max, any of the Monkey Islands, or all the other games they don't appeal to me(except Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe).
    Also Clone Wars looks interesting.

19. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Dude, if you havent played the Monkey Island series...or Sam and Max (have you even played Grim Fandango or Day of the Tentacle?) then you really have no idea what you're talking about!

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Though I haven't played Sam and Max, any of the Monkey Islands, or all the other games they don't appeal to me

A-ha. Well they sure do appeal to a lot of us. Lucasarts original titles are, on the whole, brilliant.

21. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    #5 is up, I don't even try to link...

Looks like concept art for The Dig II :p ...

22. snooozer

snooozer Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2001
    all those lucasarts.com E3 pictures are indeed concept art. also, there are available pictures of Star Wars Bounty Hunter, and they dont look anything like that concept art. you should all hope that much. Bounty Hunter doesn't look bad, but it looks like an upgraded SOTE, which is actually probably a good thing. someone here mentioned that Bounty Hunter might be like that attrotious Jedi Power Battles game, that would be a disaster. it looks almost identical to SOTE just with slightly better graphics, but the graphics themselves look mediocre at best. even though I realize they were scans, which means bad quality, they still look barely like Dreamcast graphics, much less PS2. then again, they are supposedly pics from the PS2 version. i'm not saying the graphics suck or look bad, they dont, but they still look pretty mediocre. anyway i dont see the big deal about cel-shading. if that Bounty Hunter concept art was an actual screenshot, an in-game screenshot no less, i'd be drooling, because that would just look amazing. maybe you have to see cel shading in motion to be able to appreciate it. not that I care for it, but I certainly don't hate it. and I definitely don't see how anyone could look at that Bounty Hunter concept art and think that'd be BAD. if the graphics were like that in the actual game, well let me put it this way...I've never seen any game with graphics like that. even though you can tell the pic is definitely concept art, if it were to be actual in-game graphics, for the sake of argument, then I think it'd basically be cel-shading at its best and in motion it'd be jaw dropping.

as for Lucasarts.com E3 concept art #5, hehe, yeah... it does look like it could be from The Dig II. heh, good one. personally though, one glance at the picture and I'm thinking it could easily be from the new Indiana Jones game, not only does it make sense, but the concept art itself looks kinda Indiana Jones-ish if ya ask me.

EDIT: also, did anyone ever determine what the first Lucasarts.com E3 concept art picture is of? i'm sure someone said it but I don't remember. thanks.

23. snooozer

snooozer Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2001
    heh, after looking at concept art picture #5 again,...its probably not Indiana Jones. wishful thinking on my part. it could be sorta alien-ish, so I think The Dig II is actually more probable than we think. as far as that picture goes anyway. I dont think The Dig was a very popular game at all though so I'd be surprised if they made a sequel.

as for those of you who mention Monkey Island.. come on, the Monkey Island series rocks. I've never even played many Lucasarts games (i've actually never bought a star wars game developed by Lucasarts), but the Monkey Island series rules. take either of the first 2 monkey island games, they are the *definitive* adventure games.

24. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Snooozer, the problem I'd have with Bounty Hunter being cel-shaded would be that it would give me constant flashbacks to the SW Holiday Special... ZOIKS!!!

;)

25. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    http://www.shiggy.net/media/flyer-inside.jpg

Have a look here. Kind of hard to see, but Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter and Gladius is featured on that Gamecube flyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.