main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    i think ive broke my reload button! i cant even find a charity that is linked to the premiere yet, its usually all done and dusted by now!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I've seen nothing on the OS yet thats said anything about the 16th

3. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    I'm sorry, I have disappointing news. It seems the annoucement has been delayed until Friday. Sometimes I wonder what Fox and Lucasfilm are thinking. The longer they wait to annouce it, the less interest there'll be because everyone will have booked tickets/days off work for other shows.

I know this news doesn't help my credibility, but have faith, this event will happen.

Sorry again for getting your hopes up for today.

4. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    He's right I also heard about showing in 16 may(from other source). Everybody gets tickets for 19 but real fans will watched at 16 :). Everything will be fine don't worry.
    For now we shall be patient.

MTFBWY
    X.Z.T

5. baleno_lad

baleno_lad Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh Ghostface. How excited I was when i got up this morning expecting some definite information.

I feel the only way you can make up for this is to give us as many details as you can muster mister.

For now i will go back into my cave. Sad and lonely.

6. SilverJet

SilverJet Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm not throwing any insults and i have no reason not to believe you but i really do hope this doesn't turn out to be attention seeking BS, i'd be really disappointed and so will many others.

7. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    half of me is disappointed in case this turns out to be crap, but i couldn't get online yesterday or this morning so it's quite fortunate they haven't sold out or anything

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Everybody gets tickets for 19 but real fans will watched at 16
    So people who can't get tickets for the 16th aren't real fans?
    That seems a bit harsh

9. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Well, not exaclly Richie. It's a hard to explain for me. I'm just seing the fans can get the tickets also for 16 may and on the 19 will be official premiere - for everybody.

MTFBWY!!
    X.Z.T

10. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I rather the 16th than 19th only because of less likely to have an exam, still waiting on the damn dates of my exams :(

11. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    finally got the dates of my exams and im sorted to come to this, obviously now it's going to turn out to be rubbish

i'm so optimistic

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  13. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Hmm, how does this news fit in with the supposed screenings on the 16th of May?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/EP3_Charity_Screening_at_UK_Cinema_91276.asp

I'm getting more and more confused . . .

14. Ghostface1701

Mar 4, 2005
    I didn't know about this screening on the 18th, but it should have no effect on the 16th screenings. Speaking of which, I have more good news, bad news...

The annoucement on starwars.com will now be on Monday 18th April. Tickets will go on sale a day or two later. But don't worry, the event is 99% certain to be happening (barring any major disaster between now and then).

I still don't know what versions of the movies they'll have (ie, the 1997 Special Editions or the DVD versions of IV-VI, most likely the former). When the annoucement is finally made, I'm sure someone can ask Fox.

Until then, I must ask again that you don't call Fox or the cinemas asking for details as it's still supposed to be a secret.

And no, this isn't BS.

15. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    ok, no questions asked as to my source but i assure u it comes from an official person! and backs up the previous info

premiere during the week of the 16th. will be announced 1st @ official site in 7-10 days
    invites only

16. baleno_lad

baleno_lad Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    We already know the premier is on the 16th though. Above info is nothing new. Or am i missing something?

Why did they have to wait until next week to tell us when I cant even get near my PC ... GRRRRR.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A 'Charity Screening' will be taking place on the 18th May at the Odeon Leicester Square at 8.15 - Invites only.
    Weird :confused:

18. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Hi all,

Lord Tice left me in charge of looking out for these 16th tickets.

Is it known (roughly) what time of day they might go on sale? I mean - are we talking about the wee hours of the morning here?

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We will find out on Monday apparently

20. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    dom if it is going up on SW.com on Monday it will be Monday their time so I wouldn't worry about it being the early hours of the morning as they normally do things by PST time ie 8 hours behind.

21. Ghostface1701

Mar 4, 2005
    Whatever day tickets go on sale, look to the cinemas websites in the morning around 9:00. Either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

22. windymiller

windymiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Or Thursday, Friday, Saturday or the week after maybe.......etc etc

I can't believe anyone is falling for this BS.

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    heh I don't care I have had plans to be outside for the premiere for some time now so anything on that day is out of the question as you can't be there and do other things on the same day ;)

24. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    its not BS i did some digging and got an answer from someone who is @ fox in london(it took awhile and was going round in circles!) but i finally stumbled across the organiser! and what i was told was in the post above ITS NOT BS its just all a bit wishy washy! which is fine as they are not allowed to tell anyone yet, the fact we have any info is good, just even better to have it confirmed from the horses mouth (so to speak!)i attended the premiere for the S.E. but no amount of effort could get me tickets for ep1+2 i feel this might go the same way! though there is still the hope of regional premieres as there was for ep2

25. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i'm a bit dubious about how much of this is true, but basically if it's not true what have we lost by being interested. obviously i needed state how good it would be if it is true

what websites would we be booking on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.