main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    i was told by fox to look on starwars.com and i have a login to a press release site which will also tell me the details(when the press release is released!) it will all happen and be announced(though they would not comment on the marathon, only the premiere)in the next week or so, but getting the tickets once its announced will be a different matter!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Even if it isn't true, I would still go on the 16th to see everyone attending the premiere.
    After all, George Lucas & co don't come to London very often

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    The showing is legit.

My local comic shop owner (who I told about this months ago) told me today that he got a text off his friend this morning (and showed me the text).

It basically said all 6 films at the Empire for £50.

We were both really excited as we'd given up hope after the announcement of the charity premiere on the 18th.

Just thought I'd give you that update as no one seems to have mentioned a price.

4. thebrit

thebrit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    it IS legit, but I doubt it will be that cheap. Average cost of a film in leicester sq is a tenner.

the premiere on the 18th is picadilly is 100 quid by the way....

5. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hi - do you have any more info about the charity tickets? Which charity is hosting the screening? Are the tickets available for purchase or are they being auctioned, or sent out to existing patrons?

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah I thought that was a bit cheap too. It may be more, but it may be a special cost as you are paying for six films at once and not everyone will probably go to all the showings if they start/end really early/late.

Charity tickets £100? Where from?

7. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, as someone's said it first, I can confirm that the price for all 6 films at Empire will be £50. A bit steep, but it will be a day to remember.

To the naysayers :p

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks Ghostface, that price is great considering what you get for it!

Any official word on what the order of showing will be? I'm hoping straight through 1-6, or at least 4-6 then 1-3, but I'm expecting something like 1-2, 4-6 then 3 which just seems wrong to me

9. Ghostface1701

Mar 4, 2005
    Orignally, the plan was to do 1-2, 4-6, then 3. But that may have changed. Whatever the order, Episode III has to be last because of the premiere across the square in the evening.

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks for the update.

If ROTS has to be last then really hoping for 4-6, 1-3.

If the premiere is still on the 16th (I'm guessing Royal Premiere), what's this Charity Premiere on the 18th? And perhaps the better question is... if it's a charity premiere, why is it invite only rather than selling tickets to make money?

11. Ghostface1701

Mar 4, 2005
    Don't try to figure out Lucasfilm and Fox! :) I'm just waiting for the press release tomorrow (fingers crossed).

12. thebrit

thebrit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    >If the premiere is still on the 16th (I'm guessing Royal Premiere), what's this Charity Premiere on the 18th? And perhaps the better question is... if it's a charity premiere, why is it invite only rather than selling tickets to make money?

i think that's a fair guess. re the 18th, private invites can still cost money - imagine inviting 500 of your friends and they all pay 100 quid...... no need to invite joe schmoe then is there?

13. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    Salutations Paul (baleno_lad), surely you can afford tickets for the 16th with the income you made from all the tickets you sold for the 19th?

Ghostface1701, thanks for all the wonderful info you've imparted- if there's any further news you have, only the girlfriend n' I have been determined from the start to do something special for this one, your help is much appreciated. And it would be nice to get there before the TOUTS do. Cheers!!

14. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    i wanna know when tickets are going for the 6 movie screening

15. Darth_Maul05

Darth_Maul05 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    As much as i might think baleno lad is a naughty boy, i just wish i'd done such a thing! I'm still a massive fan and will get myself a 6 ticket erm.. ticket. But if i got more than a few then i might try to sell some.

Anyway, I can't wait to take the day off on May 16th and watch the lot.

Nice to meet you all

DM05.

16. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    would teh films be shown in order of the saga?>

also lemmie get this straight:

16th all 6 movies

18th charity event..

whens the royal premier?

17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm guessing the Royal Premiere will be on the 16th like ghostface originally said.

And you make a good point there thebrit. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

18. choccy31

choccy31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Guys,

Unfortunately I dont get paid untill the 25th (week away), but if tickets come on sale next week, would anyone be able to get a ticket for me and I can pay back on the 25th?

I really dont wanna miss this especially as Ive had the day booked off for ages for the Premier.

Cheers

19. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    ChrisLyne posted on 4/17/05 1:58pm
    I'm guessing the Royal Premiere will be on the 16th like ghostface originally said.
    [hr][/blockquote]

If thats right, wouldnt that be confusing? just abit?

But if that is true, that would mean the stars would already be there... maybe even popping in to inroduce them [face_dancing][face_dancing]

I might be streching it

20. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    and i just quit my job, crap :(

21. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I'm getting more and more hopeful that this might actually happen. I just hope they give us plenty of notice before tickets go on sale and the booking lines are able to cope with the demand. They should also limit the number of tickets per person so it doesn't get completely booked solid by the touts. But I doubt that will happen, unfortunately.

22. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, now it looks like it really is happening!...either that, or it's one REALLY good hoax!

Story here...

23. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Wow this is excellent news!

One thing though: Odeon's website always goes into meltdown when they put up high-demand tickets for sale and it's almost always better to call up or head to the box office in person. Does anyone know what the UCI online service is like?

24. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    £50's probably a bit too much for me, but the original story said you'd be able to see ROTS on it's own. I'd do that. Is that still on?

25. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Jazzatola posted on 4/17/05 3:14pm
    Wow this is excellent news!

Does anyone know what the UCI online service is like?
    [hr][/blockquote]

absolutle crap.

Me and my cousin rang before as soon as the article came up ( about 2 horus ago)... we were on for about 15 mins and every 30 seocnds it said " you are second in queue..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.