main
side
curve

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrit

thebrit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    The email rumour probably has an element of truth to it. I guess if it was really happening, the 501st stormtroopers would know something about it......

2. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Again, I have to say don't bother calling the booking lines yet. Tickets won't go on sale until after starwars.com has annouced it. The UCI website is a pretty good site for booking (you can choose your seats), but there are only around 1300 seats available. I think the cinemas, Fox and Lucasfilm will be keeping an eye on eBay and other sites. Any illegal selling of tickets, and those people may find they've wasted their money.

ROTS will still be screened at the Vue and Odeon West End, but it won't be as good.

The article on the front page of TFN says they're not sure if George will be there in person. I can tell you that he will be, as will others. They'll come straight over from the premiere at Odeon Leicester Square.

The funny thing is I've seen the e-mail they talk about. The information wasn't supposed to be distributed to the cinemas yet, but someone f-ed up! Now it looks like someone else in UCI has leaked the info. They've only got themselves to blame. Fox is going to kick up a MAJOR [edited] about this, someone's about to loose their job...

Anyway, good luck everyone getting the tickets you want. I'll be there, I wish I could tell you who I am so you could look out for me :)

malkie edit sorry bud, you can't use that word.

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Excellent news! Thanks ghostface!

1300 sounds a little limited, but hopefully this will work out for everyone here as they all seem to be the ones who've believed in this longest, would be a shame is some person who wanted to ebay the tickets meant that they couldn't.

4. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    It will be better when ticket got name of person who book it(and no one can get it- i know it making another trobles).
    Still in UCI site is not possible to book tickets for this showing - we must wait. And stop ringing for them like Ghostface says. Patient ;)

MTFBWY!!
    X.Z.T

5. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    Like they did with the Glastonbury tickets.

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I was thinking that maybe they should limit the number of tickets each person could book to something like a maximum of 10. That should be more than enough for most people, even if it's a large family group.

7. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    They probably would limit them

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I doubt a lot of people could afford more then 10 :p

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Lol, very true!

I'm only getting 2; 1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend, and she's paying me back!

May end up getting 3 if my mate can decided whether £50 is worth the risk if his uni presentation falls on the same day. Course he'll pay me back too! Can't afford to be generous with prices like that even if they are good value for money!

10. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    so how long around till we find out u can buy tickets? how will we know

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I guess whenever the official site updates. That's normally sometime in the evening I think.

Still hasn't stopped me from refreshing it all day whilst doing coursework though ;)

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So they'll be showing all 6 Star wars films back to back?
    Thats about 14 hours

What trime would they start?

13. babebuffy

babebuffy Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Offical confirmation of the may 16th screenings from the screendaily website..

London set for epic Star Wars marketing push

In a world first, the UCI Empire cinema in London?s Leicester Square is set to screen all six of the Star Wars films back to back on May 16 ? three days before the global release of Star Wars: Episode III ? Revenge Of The Sith.

Distributor 20th Century Fox is organising the event as part of a massive UK marketing push for the sixth Star Wars film.

The UCI Empire will show the first five films and unveil Episode III to the public, an hour after its UK premiere that evening at the Odeon Leicester Square.

The event, dubbed the Star Wars Saga, will take over Leicester Square, with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing Star Wars music throughout the day.

Star Wars storm troopers will control entrance points to the area and an X-Wing fighter will be on display in the gardens of the square.

Director George Lucas and the stars of the film including Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, and Hayden Christensen will be present for the film?s premiere.

Two other Leicester Square cinemas, the Vue West End and Odeon West End, will also play a number of Star Wars movies throughout the day.

The last three episodes will play in digital on the DLP projector. The original three will play with brand new show prints.

Tickets for all six films ? which have a playing time of around 13 hours in total - go on sale to the general public for £50 each.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    13 hours is a long haul
    It better start early

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Wasn't it originally meant to start at something like 6am or 6:30?

16. babebuffy

babebuffy Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    It must start at 7am ish, to fit all the 6 films in if ROTS starts at 8.30pm

17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah but there's no way they'll show the first five with no breaks, so that has to be taken into account.

Also, if the premiere starts at 7:30pm, they may have a break there so people can see the stars.

18. XidZenTurres

Jul 7, 2003
    I hate wake up so early but who gonna sleep before that day (its inpossible for me) :D
    I don know is that normal but in UCI Empire you can only book movies one week before showing - maybe is just for now.

MTFBWY!!
    X.Z.T

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I think that's the same for all UCI's with the exception of tickets for "book b4" films like ROTS.

Interestingly UCI Empire is the only (I think) UCI that has no "book b4" ROTS showings listed... I wonder why ;)

20. XidZenTurres

Jul 7, 2003
    Yeap I checked 3 different cinemas and booking for RotS is available. Whats wrong?

MTFBWY!!
    X.Z.T

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    My guess is all UCI Empire's Book B4 ROTS tickets will go on sale at the same time as the Saga ticket.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Empire is dodgy

23. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    That article from Screendaily.com reads almost exactly the same as the one on TF.n. Could be that this isn't an official announcement but more the usual internet version of chinese whispers.

24. No_Good_Names_Left

No_Good_Names_Left Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    So, the question is how do we get to stand in the crowd & see the Gala Premiere when George, Ewan, Sam & Co arrive and then go watch ROTS?

Is there only going to be the 6 episodes back-to-back or will another cinema be showing it on its own.

Fifty quid (Well, £100 as I'd have to pay for my girlfriend as well) is quite a bit to fork out just to see ROTS four days early.

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Odeon Leicester Square will have the Premiere at 7:30pm

The UCI Empire (in Leicester Square) will be showing the Saga and (if things haven't changed) ROTS will be at 8:30pm

Whether or not the marathon will give you chance to see the opening of the premiere or if you'll have to miss the last film (before ROTS) if you want to see it, remains to be seen.

But seriously, the 4 days early thing doesn't even factor into it. £50 is a great price to see a one off showing of the entire saga. I was at the midnight opening for AOTC, it cost £10 but you can't buy an atmosphere like that, there's nothing like it and this will be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.