main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    From Ghostface1701's post above:

The article on the front page of TFN says they're not sure if George will be there in person. I can tell you that he will be, as will others. They'll come straight over from the premiere at Odeon Leicester Square.

So it looks like you don't have to go anywhere to see the stars. They'll be arriving at the Empire after we see ROTS. Unless you particularly want to see them arriving at the Odeon that is.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Plus all the others on the big screen
    The OT shown for the first time since 1997, and digitally projected

You couldn't ask for much more.
    Plus, if you saw ROTS about 8 times it would probably cost around the same amount

3. babebuffy

babebuffy Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    tickets were to be sold from today, but got cancelled now will be on thursday...

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks for the update.

And actually Thursday makes sense as that's the day UCI change their listings.

Where did you hear that?

5. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I wish SW.com would hurry up and say something. All this conjecture is driving me crazy!!!

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    You and me both mate!

I must have refreshed the page at least 20 times in the last half hour!

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They generally only change it once a day
    And thats normally about 8am

8. Darth-Quiche

Darth-Quiche Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi People,

If this announcement is meant for the UK audience, why is it taking so long & happening so late tonight (i.e on US time)?
    Yeah its only lunchtime there, but I need sleep and cant wait up all night for an update!!

Ghostface - or anyone else who's clued up - can you spill a few more beans - is this Thursday ticket sale thing gonna be the case or do I go without sleep tonite?

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Unfortunatly the site works on US time, as was shown with the ROTS trailer.

I'm staying up for Alias (till about 1:30) then calling it a night. Have to be up early to hand my coursework in tomorrow.

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    It's called favourtism...and as usual, we get treated like second class citizens, even though this does concern US!

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Well just checked the TV guide and no Alias tonight, so just this to wait up for.

Ah well, plenty of time to read Labyrinth of Evil now all the coursework is done!

12. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hi,

Called the UCI Empire information line earlier today to confirm the event - they have a special number to ring for info on premieres and special events - lady I spoke to confirmed the screenings and said tickets will go on sale Monday from 9:00 online, over the phone and at the cinema box office - and no earlier...

So Thursday or Monday ?!? Help!!:S

13. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    We'll see. But I hope on thursday it's good to me couse I going to holiday next week grrr!

MTFBWY!!
    X.Z.T

14. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    It's funny how much things can change in a day :)

Tickets did go on sale at the Empire box office for a few minutes yesterday morning (Monday). Then Fox called to say they weren't ready to annouce it. So, the date for tickets was changed to Thursday (which is now on TF.N), but then Fox called again. So now, tickets will go on sale next Monday at 9am. I've told Britany at TF.N so the article should update.

Doesn't bother me though, because I managed to get a ticket [face_devil]

The screenings will start at 7:00am with Episode IV, then V, then VI. As I and others have said already, the OT will not be shown digitally (as no digital cinema master copies exist). They will however be on brand-new 35mm show-prints. Episodes I, II and III will be digital, with Episode III starting at around 8:30pm (or whenever George and Co. make it over from Odeon).

Fox or Lucasfilm do not want people leaving the screenings to look at the premiere, for various reasons. There's not much point anyway if you're watching the Saga, stay in your seat and the cast will come to you! :)

15. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I hate to say this but they will need one hell of planning done because there is pretty much no way people are going to be going across Leceister Sq. I have seen what it is like for premieres people will be there all day by the afternoon going to be pretty full up there, evening doubt anyone is going to be moving anywhere.

16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Well I wish we could see the opening of the premiere as well since I've never been to anything like that before. But if the cast is going to come along after ROTS then I guess it doesn't matter so much (I can watch the premiere opening on TV like the last two times).

Thanks for the info on times. Looks like I don't have to be up quite as early as I'd feared. Glad they sorted the order out to.

17. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    how many tickets managed to sneak out? i really wish they hadnt posted about it on the front page as it gives us people who have been on here chatting about it for the past few months less of a chance of US getting tickets, rather than a few people who just happened to see the anouncement and will be lucky enough to get tickets! i know it sounds selfish but hey! i guess i am being selfish at least until we all get the tickets we have been conspiring about for awhile!:)then the rest can feast for the scraps! i.e front row extreme left etc!

18. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm as anxious as you are to get my hands on some of these tickets vaderuk. I'm hoping the 7am start time and the £50 price tag will deter those less comitted fans.

I still haven't decided what to do to get the tickets: either hit the website or head down to the box office for 9am. Hmmmm.

19. Si_Snootles

Si_Snootles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    Ghostface, if you have your ticket, can you tell us if it is seat numbered or first come first served?

20. adenny

adenny Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    I went to the IMAZX marathon a couple of years ago - really good fun. This one should be better as it is during the day, the other one was over night so it got a bit hard going on occasion.

Tickets for that were fairtly easy to come by - there probably arent THAT many people in London who want to commit 13+ hours to Star Wars

I'm defintitely going to try to get tickets for this as well...

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I hate waiting a week for things

22. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    ok here is the official press release hot of the press!!!

LONDON'S LEICESTER SQUARE TO CELEBRATE THE FIRST SCREENING IN THE WORLD

OF THE ENTIRE STAR WARS SAGA!

UK PREMIERE OF STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH

ON MAY 16TH

AT THE ODEON LEICESTER SQUARE

WILL BE THE GRAND FINALE IN A UNIQUE DAY LONG LEICESTER SQUARE CELEBRATION OF THE
    STAR WARS SAGA

LONDON (April 19) ? The Force will be strong in London's Leicester Square on May 16
    as Star Wars fever grips the capital for an unprecedented day of events celebrating
    the entire Star Wars saga, culminating in the U.K. premiere of the eagerly awaited
    Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, to be attended by writer-director George
    Lucas and the stars of the movie.

Fans will want to prepare to have their lightsabres out at dawn, fighting to get a
    perfect seat for a world exclusive: all six episodes of the Star Wars saga presented
    back-to-back in a once in a lifetime "Star Wars Marathon" at UCI Empire, Leicester
    Square. Beginning at 7 a.m. with Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and ending with an
    evening public premiere of Revenge of the Sith, the entire saga will be shown in a
    single day for more than a thousand lucky fans.

And that's just the beginning! The day will be filled with never-to-be repeated
    activities presented by Lucasfilm Ltd and Twentieth Century Fox ? open to the
    general public, so everyone will have the chance to experience the galaxy's most
    exciting, action-packed celebration of the Star Wars saga.

At Leicester Square's VUE and Odeon West End Cinemas, individually ticketed
    performances of Episodes I, II, IV, V and VI of the Star Wars saga will screen
    throughout the day.

Star Wars fans will also be able to attend special free performances of
    unforgettable Star Wars music presented by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; other
    surprise activities are also planned. The 501st UK Garrison of Stormtroopers will
    be on duty all day to ensure order is upheld in the Square.

"Revenge of the Sith is a remarkable movie, and this extraordinary celebration
    reflects the fun and excitement that are the hallmarks of Star Wars,"said the
    movie's producer, Rick McCallum. "The Star Wars movies have a strong connection to
    the United Kingdom, so it's very fitting to hold this one-of-a-kind event here in
    London."

The culmination of Star Wars "Celebration Day" will be the UK premiere at the Odeon,
    Leicester Square with expected attendance by Lucas, McCallum and stars Hayden
    Christensen (Anakin Skywalker), Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
    and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), along with other celebrity guests.

Notes

1. The first-ever Star Wars Marathon will kick off "Celebration Day" with a
    breakfast screening of A New Hope and continue throughout the day with The Empire
    Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones,
    followed by the U.K.'s first public presentation of Revenge of the Sith. "Galactic
    Passports" to the Star Wars Marathon costing £50 per person will be available from
    9.00 am on Monday 25th April at the box office of the Empire, Leicester Square on
    Tel: 08700 10 20 30 or via www.uci.co.uk. Only those holding a "Galactic Passport"
    will be able to complete the journey and see Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the
    Sith, before its UK release on May 19th.

2. Tickets for The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Return of the Jedi are
    available at VUE box office on Tel: 08712 240 240 or via www.myvue.com

3. Tickets for A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are available from Odeon West
    End Box Office on Tel: 0871 22 44 007 or via www.odeon.co.uk

4. Tickets for the general public to the UK premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square
    are not available

23. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    WooHoo! Thats great news. =D=

Where did you get the press release from? Is it available online?

24. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    i used to work @ a production house and i am still registered to get all the latest press releases from fox, its not online yet!
    also hot of the presses from fox "mr and mrs.smith" has changed the UK release date to june 10th

25. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    About time Fox sorted themselves out. Good luck everyone!

To answer a previous question, the tickets do have assigned seating, and you can see exactly where you can sit if you book online or at Empire's box office.

Not many tickets went yesterday morning, mostly it was just a few to UCI staff. But there will be alot of demand for tickets judging by the level of interest they've been getting already. Once the article was posted on TF.N yesterday, their phones rarely stopped ringing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.