main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Si_Snootles

Si_Snootles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    Thanks for the info Ghostface.

Do you know if there is a maximum number of tickets per booking?

2. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    That press release is up on tf.n now. It says no individual screenings of ROTS so I'm not gonna be able to do it. :(

3. Darth_Ginger

Darth_Ginger Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    How many tickets did you manage to get then Ghost???

I`m dying to go to this!!!

4. ArchieKH

ArchieKH Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Can anyone read thru the release and clear something up for me? Do these "Passports" get you into 6 flicks at the Empire or is it part of the run-around-the-Square thing? The first sounded like it was all at the Empire now I'me not too sure.

Sounds like it's going to me tricky to get tickets come Mon morning.

5. Si_Snootles

Jun 15, 2003
    Its now up on BBC....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4460299.stm

6. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    The press release is none to clear on a few things. I'm not sure exactly what the passport is myself, but I've heard of it before. I think it's for the Empire screenings only (trying to justify the £50 price). I don't have one yet as Empire hasn't received them, I just have a normal UCI ticket.

I don't know what limits there are on how many you can buy. I only needed 1. The UCI website allows you to book 9 tickets at a time usually, any more and you have to call or be there in person.

7. Darth_Ginger

Darth_Ginger Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    50 quid seems fine to me, The Empire usually charge 10.50 a ticket for regular films. So 6 for 50 quid is pretty good really.

How did you get your ticket then Ghost, I need to get some too.

8. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Does anyone know what version of the OT they will show? The original? The SE? The DVD edition?

9. Si_Snootles

Jun 15, 2003
    Its true that its not very clear.

I'm viewing it as this.....

The Empire will show all 6 films, in one screen, with the pinnicle being the 8.30 ROTS show. The 1000 or so fans with tickets will have allocated seats for this, so we can probably go in and out.

Seperate to this, there will be public showings of the first 5 films around the square, all part of the celebration day.

My guess is the empire will be showing the films at.... ANH - 7am, ESB - 9.30, ROTJ - 12.00, TPM - 14.30, AOTC - 17.00, ROTS - 20.30.

Thats my guess!

10. ArchieKH

ArchieKH Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    So Empire *is* showing all 6 films? In addition to the other 2 cinemas showing 3 and 2 each respectively?

We didn't need the BBC getting hold of it. Hand-to-phone combat Monday morning now... Cos it was going to be easy otherwise

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Now this is more like it! Solid official confirmation!

Ghostface, do you know where on the UCI site this will be? Will there be a special section or will it just be under "more" tab on the UCI Empire's film times section?

Thanks for all this info mate! We'd have gone nuts without you!

I'm guessing the DVD versions of the OT since they're meant to be new prints.

12. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    the one on the front page is just a repost of the one i posted(i know cause i took out some confidential stuff as in people etc not actual items!) they were not sent the actual release release just pointed in this direction! i had hoped it would be a quiet little soiree and tickets wouldnt be a problem :(

13. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Looks like the competition for tickets is going to be red hot now then. I think the best bet is to be at the box office in person. Don't fancy camping out in Leicester Square though. Hope it doesn't come to that!

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I can't camp out at the Square, it'd be WAY to costly for me to go down from Lancaster for that.

I have to go via the internet route as I'm at uni and the mobile signal in my room sucks (not to mention that number will probably eat credit faster than Han does the Kessel run!)

15. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Duke_Nukem: I don't think the OT prints will be the new DVD cuts, as there are no physical prints of these versions. Instead I think these will be new prints struck from the '97 Special Edition negatives rather than the newest DVD versions. It's the same reason they're not showing in digital - DVD masters are not good enough for theatrical screenings.

Si_Snootles: You've got it right. All 6 films at Empire only, Vue and Odeon WE to show individual films (but not Ep III).

Chris_Lynn: When booking starts, I'd imagine it to be on the "More" tab for the Empire, yes. You'll then get a lovely map of Empire 1 to choose your seats.

16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks for the update Ghostface! Looks like I'm in for an early morning!

17. ArchieKH

ArchieKH Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Ghost: Could be the DVD version if it's digitally projected. No physical prints needed for that are there?

18. designbooth

designbooth Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    dear ghostface,
    what does your "normal UCI tcket" have on it?

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    ArchieKH, only the prequels are digital. The OT is merely "new prints".

20. vaderuk

vaderuk Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    archiekh wrote-"""Could be the DVD version if it's digitally projected. No physical prints needed for that are there?"""

the resolution of dvd will not hold up to being projected on a screen the size of the empires! they could strike prints from the new HD masters that were created for the dvd's which is possible especially if lucas is involved with the screening, hopefully its not just some bozo's taking the dvds round the corner to soho and doing a quick convert up to 35mm! (i have seen it done for adverts and its not good!)
    i did catch a new print of raiders of the lost ark though and that was fanflippingtastic! looked better than the dvd no idea where that print came from as it was no way an original as it had 5.1!

21. Si_Snootles

Jun 15, 2003
    I think its a fair assuption to say they will be new prints from the 2004 high definition masters.

The reason for my thinking?

1. They have made a point stating that these will be new prints.

2. DVD prints will not be good enough.

3. GL is not going to do new prints, of the "old" versions (pre 2004). It goes against his train of thought so far.

4. For continuity alone, they will want to show the re-done palpatine and re-working the lines in ESB. Especially as its the first showing of ROTS.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Great the DVD versions in digital

23. designbooth

designbooth Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    I have just booked for another film on the UCI website for tonight,
    There is a mistake on there left over from when the Passports were on sale briefly last monday - read this:

Thank you for booking for the "Star Wars Saga". You can collect your tickets from the Empire box office any time the box office is open at the cinema and will also receive a collectable "Galactic Passport" ticket wallet. We would recommend that you collect your tickets prior to the 16th May so you can show them off to the world!!

The excitement of the premiere will be beamed onto the big screen at the Empire prior to the screening of Episode III via a live TV link - you will be able to watch the stars arrive and listen to interviews. Plus the screening of Episode III will be introduced by some very special guests!
    Children under 12 must be accompanied by an over 18 year old adult to this performance.

24. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    They won't send the tickets by post?

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You can collect your tickets from the Empire box office any time
    Surely you can just phone up and book one, or use the website

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.