main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Gen 't-shirts' "I was there"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Okay, I've got most of the addresses now. I hope getting payment isn't going to be this hard! =) Still waiting for a picture of this finished product so I can show you guys what it looks like. So please send me the addresses... don't make me post names! =)

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    That sounds okay to me, grumpy, you can send my two shirts to Breezy, I assume you already have her addy?

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, that won't be a problem. See the next post for shipping details.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Grumpy Jedi (2 XXL, 1L)
    Darth Breezy (1 XXL)
    Carolyn (1 XL)
    Leia214 (1L 2XL)
    HardwareStoreJedi (1 XXL)
    ValedaKor (2 XXXL)
    Tony-WanKenobiNC (1 XL)
    NabooPop (1 XXL)
    --Azrael-- (1 M)
    Valerie (1 L) via email forwarded by DarthBreezy =)
    Cliodna_ben_Lhee (1 XL 1 XXL)
    LadyLessa (1 XXXL)
    TK--421 ( 2 L)
    movieboy ( 2 XL)
    pwinklespi (1 M 1 L)
    lukestarkiller1977 (1 M)

Okay, ValedaKor had some good suggestions as far as how we should do shipping so unless anyone objects, these are the details.

Regular size shirts are $8.08. If you are getting XXL or XXXL they are $10.58.

Shipping via Priority mail is $4.05. This should cover everyone's quantities except for of course Azrael who is overseas. I'll figure out his seperately. I'm going to start sending out invoices this afternoon. I've got everyone's information except Hardwarestore Jedi and Lukestarkiller. I'm also going to include a small PayPal charge of 65 cents. If you're not paying via PayPal just deduct that amount from the total.

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I sent Darthbreezy the invoice.

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    thanks grumpy, I'll get with Breezy and give her my moolah

7. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Grumpy,

If I send the money via Pay-Pal instant transfer, and not from a credit card do you still need the Pay-Pal cover charge?

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The 65 cents is to cover the PayPal fees, which are charged on any transaction.

9. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I think (?) this is what Movieboy is trying to say: if you send funds via acct transfer to a personal paypal acct, the recipient of those funds is free from being assessed fees but if a credit card is used, this is where the recipient has to have a premier or business acct and they're then charged 1.9 to 2.9% of what is received plus $0.30.

Ultimately, this is between any of the buyers and Grumpy but I figure that this is money well spent....plus, we'll have our own Star Wars Fraternity/Order/Fellowship/whatever so that when CIV comes around, we can all wear our shirts on one of the days there to readily identify ourselves to the masses. A day long remembered.

Grumpy, you'll have my payment shortly...and thanks man!

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Brian has a business/premiere account, therefore he has to pay the PayPal fees, whether you use a credit card or not; he still has to pay. See this PayPal page for the exact requirements.

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    yep, I have a business paypal account and no matter what the source of the funds are I have to pay fees to recieve them

12. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    This is the same type of account (Business/premier) that I have. I know that some people have the personal account but Valedakor cleared that up [:D] in stating that Brian has the business/premier account (I paid earlier and can verify that as well) and the fee information that I stated is the same that Valedakor reiterated, via link, to Paypal's fee page so, everyone should be sending in what he has indicated to us. Thanks again for doing this and I'm looking forward to wearing the shirt everywhere I can. :D

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh you're welcome. It's really no trouble.. just trying to make sure I don't have to cover a bunch of costs. We're not talking about that much money but it adds up.

Remember, I still have 2 XXL's if anyone needs an extra!

14. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks for clearing this Pay-Pal issue up guys.

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Just letting you guys know only 4 people have paid so far. I know it's early and some of you have already told me you are mailing your payments. Just putting it out there.

Thanks,
    Brian

16. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Quit your complaining Grumpy. You'll get it when I feel like sending it.

HAHA! Totally kidding. [face_dancing] I am writing out my bills tonight and you happen to be one of them. It will be in your hands by next week.

For the rest of you, PAY UP! [face_laugh]

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!!!!!!! Someone... Gesh.

18. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    grumpy, Breezy is coming over to my house tomorrow to get mine (well, she's also coming over for other reasons too) and then she's going to mail both of our payments out to you together

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes, come on folks, especially those using Pay pal or the like. Grumpy paid for these shirts in good faith, the art work was free and no one's making any money... Please at least drop GJ a PM letting him know...

Speaking of Pm - GJ could you PM me your address? I'll drop it in the mail on Monday.

20. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Would you please let us know when you receive our payment? I don't want to sit here thinking I've paid only to find out later you didn't get it. :)

21. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    If you have someone give up an XL in this size I'll be glad to pick it up. I'm out of town until the afternoon of the 4th, but if you let me know by then I'll send paypal that day for one :)

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    All of the XL's are spoken for. I do have a couple extra XXL's coming. They might shrink. [face_worried]

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Below are the names of people for whom I've received comfirmation of payment so thanks!

Carolyn (1 XL)
    HardwareStoreJedi (1 XXL)
    ValedaKor (2 XXXL)
    Tony-WanKenobiNC (1 XL)
    NabooPop (1 XXL)
    Valerie (1 L) via email forwarded by DarthBreezy =)
    TK--421 ( 2 L)
    movieboy ( 2 XL)

Everyone else has pretty much said they are in the process of mailing or have already mailed your payment which is cool. If you think your name should be on the above list, please let me know. Some PayPal payments have come through without your Force.net handle so I've had to guess. =)

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    The proof is done and I'm told the shirt is now ready for production. It shouldn't take long at this point.

25. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Sweetness! Can't wait to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.