main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Impressions of the JC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KnightWriter, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Friendliness, especially in the fanfic areas. I stumbled on the fan fiction forums when a story I was following on FF.N moved here and I decided to poke around. I don't think I realized the extent of the forums until later, when I started to venture outside the fan fiction community. The whole system is incredibly fun.

2. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Being a newbie, my memories are fairly fresh. I did lurk around here when I was younger, but never actually really got into it.

I was kind of frightened at first, becuase everyone was at least sixteen, and I'd feel like a real idiot, and it was sooooo big. I tried several different places and settled into my FanForce group, plus a few EU communities and the Fanfic archive. It's only recently I started posting on the Welcome boards.

Anyway, great place so far, and very, very addictive. I should be doing homework!

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I imagine we're going to start getting a wave of new members soon.

4. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    yeah, all the 'MAY' members. :)

Well my first impressions of the JC were ''wow this place is HUGE! I love the WNU forum..people are very friendly..''

This forum helped me a lot when i was new, and I am returning the favor by helping out where I can. :)

5. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    my first impression was "wow, a slight majority of these people are arrogant loosers" then, however, i wandered into the WNU :)

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    You must have wondered into a the spoilers or the bashers forum. Careful they bite back. A couple places here not for newbies until they have graduated. Trust me on that.

7. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    KnightWriter: "I imagine we're going to start getting a wave of new members soon."

I've always wondered. Do you think we'll ever, not get anymore members? :confused: I mean, there is a slight chance, right?

8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Ahh, I think if you read the 3SA guidelines and first observe a little you're fine in that forum. Plus there are a whole bunch of great mods and managers there to watch out for the forum.

Trick is in the film forums, check if the topic is floating around. And observe and then get posting. I did that and I was all right. :)

Hmm, I think new ppl will come even after episode III, Alex. The whole SW saga will be out then. :)

9. Anakins_other_Angel

Anakins_other_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    My first impressions were that this is a really huge place, and that the Welcome forum is very Welcoming! :)

10. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Thats what we are here for!

11. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Actualy, were mainly here to up our postcount :p

12. Ylva

Ylva Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I'm a newbie here... This place is huge! And pretty interesting.

13. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo there Ylva. :) Feel free to start your own thread to introduce yourself. :)

Oh and if you need any help you can always ask us.

You can PM me anytime. I'm here to help you get settled in. :D

14. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Actualy, were mainly here to up our postcount

Amen :p

Did I reply here earlier? I don't think so... :confused:

First impression: Man this is huge! Then I explored a bit and I told myself: I have to show this place to my friends,they won't call me a freak EVER again!! :p

But I love it here,most of the time ;)

15. POLARIUS

POLARIUS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    To tell you the truth i was really awed by the vastness of the JC but i got to know alot of people and then i was starting to fit right in and now i feel as though i should have come here first when i was looking for Star Wars Forums others the people are rude and don't like newbies here it is just the opposite.

16. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    When I first came, I thought this place was HUGE. I only went to about one board and then only went to one thread in that board. Wow, what a noob I was, 8-}

17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Up for more :).

18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    i don't remember my first impression really. i stumbled upon it by accident while looking for some help on a fan fic i was writing. my first impression of the YJCC was that it was too fast and crazy for me. but now it's too slow. i keep thinking how much stuf i would have accomplished if i hadn't found it.

19. auroranightsky

auroranightsky Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2004
    The same as most people the first thing I notice is how big it is. Unless you're used to this size it's a little daunting. It reminds me of jumping into the water. I just had to tell myself on the count of three to jump in. Now it's time to explore the huge waters I suppose.

Oh and they're spam free which is always a welcome site.

20. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    This seems like a good time for an up :).

21. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Yep KW, especially since November will mean lots of visitors to the boards...what with the release of the the eps 3 trailers and all that. :D

22. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I hope so :).

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Hmm....my first impressions...

Gratitude. Waves of it! I was like, "Finally! A place with people who love Star Wars like I do!" I was very and extremely happy! I was, of course, overwhelmed by the sheer size of it. My eye was first drawn to the RPF because at last, I was able to be a part of the GFFa and my creative genius's fancy was tickled pink. ;) I was excited, and that excitment spilled over. One time, my friend Camille was spending the night and we didn't know what to do so I was like, "We can talk..." And she goes, "As long as it isn't about Star Wars..." :-B Thanks to the JC, I scared off some of my friends. :p

All in all, I am v. happy to have stumbled upon this place. And I am glad that first impressions are, in a sense, lasting. :)

I think that with Ep. 3 we'll definitely get more members on here. However, that extends to new releases of the movies, new video games, magazines, people spreading the SW gospel...growth will speed up with ROTS, and most likely slow down after it's been out, released on DVD, and all...

24. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
  25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    In my lurking days, I just thought it was a board for Episode II Spoilers. I later registered and discovered there was a whole lot more to it. Discussions ranging from anything to everything. Practically anything could be discussed.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.