main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga First Knight - June 6th -Where He Belongs - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Bravo!

And with that she led him inside to where his children and his new life awaited - Finally! Thank you so much Arwyn for giving us the ending we always wanted!!! :)

That as usual was superb, you are one of the best writers on the boards and yes, yes, yes, we do want a sequel! Please? I have to see what happens to Obi-Wan and Onara and their children and to Anakin. His vow of loyalty to the Chancellor before the Republic was very worrying indeed.

Will be waiting for the sequel! :)

2. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Darshaassant They really expelled him. But at least Mace and Yoda still have faith in him.

That they do, but if I go through with my plans for the sequel, everyone's faith in the coming dark times will be sorely tested. :(

We want a sequel! We wanna sequel! Wewannasequel!

I'll do my best to get one up as soon as I can. I already have the first scene blocked out in my head, just have to make sure I have enough of a story to make it interesting. :)

LVK1978 What a great ending! Obi-Wan -- happy at last! From this Obi lover, I offer my heartfelt thanks for a great story and wonderful ending!

You're welcome, from one Obi-Lover to another! This is the way I had wanted to end the fic the first time around, but as I stated before I was in a very strange place back in 2002. 8-}

YAY for AW! Great story and you *must* continue the story! Only if you want to -- only if you can.

[face_blush] Thanks, LVK1978! The truth is I very much want to continue the story! I will say that some tme will have passed when the sequel starts and Ben and Sari are now children. They're already running about in my mind, getting into mischief as children will do. ;) And there are those dark forces, both on Ahjane and out in the galaxy, that are rising to threaten Obi-Wan and Onara's happiness. But, as always, it's the amount of time I will have available to work on the fic that is the x-factor. Working full-time again has severely cut into the time I have available to write but I also know I have to continue with this story.

FAB That was the scene I waited for all throughout Stars in the Darkness!!!!! Arwyn it was well worth the wait! Your writing is just equisite and I sorely missed its inspiration during your sabitical - it is so good to have you back on the boards and for you to have brought Onara and Obi-Wan back again with you.

Thank you, dear friend! :) You were there back in 2002 when I first posted this fic so I'm really apprecitative of the fact that you're here again. Thanks so much! And I really appreciate the fact that those of you who read this fic took a chance on reading a romantic story featuring Obi-Wan and a OFC. I know such stories are usually outside the norm as they're outside what is considered canon so I thank you for taking that chance and reading it.

Errine23 I can feel the withdrawl starting already.

:). Well, I'll do my best to get your next fix ready. (Oops, hope that doesn't offend anyone's sensiblities. Can't be too careful in these sensitive PC times. ;) )

Gen Massimo What a wonderful friend Dex is! From now on I will look at him with different eyes when I watch AOTC.

That scene with Dex and Obi-Wan in AOTC is one of my favorites. (I'll have to confess it's also a scene I repeat sometimes when watching the DVD of AOTC). It's the first time we see a different side of Obi-Wan from the way he was presented previously in TPM. So I had to have Dex serve, in a sense, as Fairy Godfather and provide Obi-Wan with something of a happy eneding. :)

In these past weeks I have read 100/200 stories of different length, all with Obi-Wan as main character, and I have discovered how difficult it is to find that rare combination of captivating writing style and plausible romantic involvment. Giving Obi-Wan a convincing love interest is a difficult task but you managed to do it soooo beautifully. Your story is, without any doubt, my favourite among the few I decided to save on my HD- and they are the best of the crop among the hundred I've read so far.

Wow, thank you GM! That....that makes me feel quite overwhelmed to the point that I don't know what to say. :) But I'm so glad you enjoyed the fic. Again, I know that providing Obi-Wan with a OFC as a romantic interest is usually a tough sell in fandom so, again, I'm very, very appreciative of those of you who took a chance and read it.

Sabe Finally! Thank you so much Arwyn for giving us the ending we always wanted!!!

And

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Of course there are those of us out here that want a sequel!

And though I'm sad to see this end, I do love the way you ended it. It's so good to see Onara and Obi-Wan together again. At least Obi-Wan has her and their children still.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to say. I loved this entire thing and I can't wait until the sequel begins. You've kind of left me speechless.

4. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Alethia

Anyway, I'm not sure what to say. I loved this entire thing and I can't wait until the sequel begins. You've kind of left me speechless.

Thank you, Alethia! :) I'm hoping to start the sequel fairly soon. I had a marathon brainstorming session yesterday and came up with a lot of ideas so hopefully I can start writing it soon. Thanks, again! :)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awesome!!! [face_dancing] YAY!! Obi gets to be with her and the munchkins!!!

I hope to continue Obi-Wan and Onara's story if, of course, anyone out there is interested in reading it.

Must you even have to ask? :p But of course m'Lady! I know I surely want more! I'd love to hear more! [face_love]

Loved how Dex told Obi about her not being married and having transport available for him. Good ole Dex! He's a sweetheart.

Uh oh... yeah Obi warning Anakin of Palps...not good. But one has to think...Not too many in the Temple liked Anakin :( adult wize that is. And his only friend other than Obi (adult wize) was Palps. So now he's only down to one :( Poor guy.

Don't like his new Master.. one can be cautious but then there is OVER cautious. ;)

=D= Excellent job and THANKS so much for sharing with us this beautiful fic!!

6. Darth_Vander

Darth_Vander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here.....Been lurking.

Wonderful, wonderful fic. Please do make a sequel!!!

7. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar Uh oh... yeah Obi warning Anakin of Palps...not good. But one has to think...Not too many in the Temple liked Anakin adult wize that is. And his only friend other than Obi (adult wize) was Palps. So now he's only down to one Poor guy.

I kind of suspected that Anakin didn't really have a lot of friends but not because I don't think people reached out to him, but maybe because he always felt different, having been brought to the Temple the way he was, when he was already too old, having been a slave, and this whole Chosen One stuff hanging over his head, so yep, in the sequel, that fact that Obi-Wan is no longer around and Nygee is....well, Nygee, he's going to turn even more to ole Palpy. :)

Excellent job and THANKS so much for sharing with us this beautiful fic!!

Thanks, Kynstar! I hope to have the sequel up and running at some point. Just trying to take a little breather before I do any more long fic writing. :)

Darth_Vander Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here.....Been lurking. Wonderful, wonderful fic. Please do make a sequel!!!

Hey, you delurked! :D Thanks, Darth Vander. And, yes, I will be writing a sequel. Hope to have it up soon. Thanks, again! :)

8. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Lovely story. Now I'm going to wonder what would happen when Anakin get married to Padme. (That if it happens). Would he get kicked out, like Obi Wan, and would Luke and Leia get born? That should be interesting.

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Crazydan Lovely story. Now I'm going to wonder what would happen when Anakin get married to Padme. (That if it happens). Would he get kicked out, like Obi Wan, and would Luke and Leia get born? That should be interesting.

Thanks, Crazydan! I will say that Obi-Wan's being with Onara and their children will have an affect on Anakin's relationship with Padme but as to how, well, that will be revealed in the sequel, which I must say that with each passing day I'm itching to get started on. :D

10. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    which I must say that with each passing day I'm itching to get started on.

Then start it, Lady! I am dying to read it, especially after having read all First Knigth all at once! WOW!

GM

11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Well, I will say there's a chance, a very good chance, I may have first post to the sequel up either this weekend or sometime next week. Just depends on my work schedule. My darn Muse just won't leave me in peace!! I had planned on working on my other fic, but this darn sequel is really not leaving me alone! :)

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    sorry I have not been able to reply to every post. But I have been reading this and I had read the original also and I think you did an excellent job with this. I look forward to reading the sequel.

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Crystal Kenobi sorry I have not been able to reply to every post. But I have been reading this and I had read the original also and I think you did an excellent job with this. I look forward to reading the sequel.

Thanks, Crystal, and, hey you don't have to apologize. :) I appreciate very much that you let me know you've been reading. That's always a nice thing to know. :D As for the sequel, hoping to start posting that fairly soon. Thanks again! :)

14. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Thank you, dear friend! You were there back in 2002 when I first posted this fic so I'm really apprecitative of the fact that you're here again.
    I wouldn't have missed it! Reading this fic again and being caught up in the story you created, changed and even improved on from the original was magical. Excellent writing is also inspiring to me when it comes writing myself. And I remember and continue to be appreciative of the support you gave a certain Sabewan fic that I wrote.

fact that those of you who read this fic took a chance on reading a romantic story featuring Obi-Wan and a OFC. I know such stories are usually outside the norm as they're outside what is considered canon so I thank you for taking that chance and reading it.
    Personally I have to admit that some supreme Obi-lust is what first got me reading Obi romances - however few and yours is one of those few that although non what would be considered cannon have captured and humanized jedis in a way that is just incredible to read.

I'm absolutely positively giddy with anticipation over the sequel!!!!

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Personally I have to admit that some supreme Obi-lust is what first got me reading Obi romances - however few and yours is one of those few that although non what would be considered cannon have captured and humanized jedis in a way that is just incredible to read.

TAwwww, thanks, FAB! :)

I'm absolutely positively giddy with anticipation over the sequel!!!!

Guess what? I just finished the first part and will post it sometime tomorrow. :)

16. GEN_MASSIMO

GEN_MASSIMO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    Guess what? I just finished the first part and will post it sometime tomorrow.

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! *jumping up and down*

17. Darth_Vander

Darth_Vander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    Sweet! Looking forward to it!

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Gen Massino YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! *jumping up and down*

Thanks! I'm excited about it too. I had not meant to start the sequel so early but my Muse would not leave me in peace and I just started writing the first part the other day. I just hope it doesn't disappoint. :)

Darth Vander Thanks, Darth Vander. Judging by your icon I'm assuming you're a Padme fan so just to let you know she's going to be in the sequel. :)

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Gah! I started reading the finale and got interrupted and forgot I hadn't read it! I loved the final obi/ona scene!

20. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    I started reading the finale and got interrupted and forgot I hadn't read it! I loved the final obi/ona scene!

No problem, DI! :) Glad you enjoyed the last scene.

21. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    He looked down at her, his eyes gazing deeply into hers. Then he tenderly cupped her face and, with a soft, gentle smile, kissed her and the kiss went on and on until Onara thought that if she were to die at that moment she would do so gladly knowing she had experienced the most perfect moment of happiness she could ever have imagined. Obi-Wan finally broke the kiss but even then he pulled away slowly as if he dared not lose contact with her. ...

All I can really say is *melts*

... She clutched his arms. ?I love only thee and I want only thee to share my bed and my heart and my life. No other. No other.?

He kissed her again and Onara clung to him, even as the rain hammered against the windows and the thunder roared and the lightning flashed, and it reminded her of the night of the blessing ceremony when they had snuck out to see the Katarra dance and had been caught in the rain. But the storm outside was nothing compared to the one that was raging in her body. He was here, her beloved, against all hope and all probability, and she was in his arms and he was in hers. ...

Again, i say *melts/swoons/thuds* (i haven't done that in a while)

a happy ending... beautiful and terrible at the same time. I love that you finished it off with beautiful romance

I fear for the sequel, and await it with bated breath... as it is now up and i haven't had time to read it yet. it's on my disk ready to be read though.

22. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Tinuviel_Jyana

Again, i say *melts/swoons/thuds* (i haven't done that in a while) a happy ending... beautiful and terrible at the same time. I love that you finished it off with beautiful romance I fear for the sequel, and await it with bated breath... as it is now up and i haven't had time to read it yet. it's on my disk ready to be read though.

Thanks, TJ! I liked the words you used. Beautiful and terrible. I think that's something of what I hope to accomplish in the sequel. Love is beautiful but war is terrible and that's something all the major characters will have to deal with in the sequel. Love and war.

Thanks again! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.