main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga First Knight - June 6th -Where He Belongs - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Definite sign of insanity, Arwyn. I know because I share it myself - am successfully denying the urge to write a third story now though. :D

Thought I had replied to this last post, but apparently, I didn't - sorry! Loved how Obi-Wan defenestrated them. :D

Reading this all over again, I forgot how much I loved it. Beautiful work, Arwyn.

Shaindl

2. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks, Shaindl! And thanks for the new word. Defenestrated. I love learning new words. :)

I'm putting up a post in a bit. It's a bit short, but I wanted to try and say on schedule with my Wed. post. Time has, once again, been in short supply.

3. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    TITLE: First Knight - Part Eleven

By Arwyn Whitesun

---------------

As Obi-Wan fell towards the ground, he quickly attuned his use of the Force to compensate for Onara's added weight. He had not lied to her. He had done this many times before; he had just never done it carrying someone. Onara was no longer screaming, but her arms were wrapped so tightly about his neck he feared she would choke him. The ground rushed towards him and he readied himself. He drew upon the Force, eased the speed of his descent and landed safely. He lowered Onara to the ground, but she still clung to his neck. He turned his head and saw her eyes were tightly closed.

"Milady. We're on the ground. You can let go of me now."

Onara slowly opened her eyes. She looked around and Obi-Wan smiled as she carefully tested the ground with her feet.

"We're alive. I don't believe it. We're actually alive."

"Did you think I was suicidal? I told you to trust me."

Her arms were soft and warm around his neck and he found it unsettling as to how much he was enjoying the fact she was pressed so tightly against him.

"No, I didn't think you were suicidal, Master Obi-Wan." Her eyes danced. "Insane, yes. But not suicidal."

He took hold of her wrists and gently unclasped her arms from about his neck. The truth was, he could have stood there far longer than he would have liked to admit, breathing in the perfumed scent of her hair, enjoying the way the soft curves of her body molded against him. If her presence in the chamber had been maddening, having her this close was insanity.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She stepped back and, even in the moonlight, he saw she was blushing.

"It's all right, milady."

She shook her head. "Stop calling me that."

"What? Milady?"

"Yes. I'm not a milady."

She looked up at the window of the bridal chamber far above them. She stared at it for a moment, then whirled around in a circle, flinging her arms about her.

"I'm just Onara now." She laughed joyfully. "And I'm free. If only for this one night. Free just to be me. Not my father's daughter or Edress's wife or grandmother's whipping girl. I'm just me. Onara."

Obi-Wan grabbed her to stop her from turning around. "You'd best stop before you make yourself dizzy. I think one fainting spell is enough for tonight. Don't you?"

She giggled, but stopped her twirling, stumbling a bit as she steadied herself beneath his hands.

"You're quite right, Master Obi-Wan."

Her eyes were full of moonlight and, as she fought to catch her breath, her breasts rose and fell. He let himself gaze on the way they swelled out of the bodice of her dress. He thought of how warm and soft they would feel beneath his lips.

He frowned. Blast it, what was wrong with him? Why was he thinking such things about her? He was a Jedi. But, as she had reminded him in the chamber, he was also a man. And he was far too aware of her as a woman. Aware of her in ways that made the blood hammer in his veins and his flesh feel like water.

When he had lifted her veil earlier and looked into her face, it was as if he had been kicked in the stomach, his reaction to her beauty had been that powerful. But he had been around beautiful women before and he had never felt this way. Why was it so different with her? He didn't know and it troubled him greatly that he didn't.

He released her arms and gestured about him, looking everywhere but at her. "Are all these your father's lands?"

Onara stared at him, then nodded. "They've been in our family for hundreds of generations."

"It's beautiful. Even in the moonlight I can see that."

"Father would be pleased to hear you say that. It's been difficult for him to keep it this way, with the war and all." She touched his arm, drawing his attention back to her. "But thanks to you we now have peace and Father can concentrate on those areas of our province that were devastated by the war."

"Your father is a good man."

"Yes, he is a good man."

"And he loves you very much. I can see that."

Onara smiled at his words. "Shall we

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe poor Obi! Having feelings that a man has ;) must be a shocker for him to experience them! And her being beautiful doesn't help *snrk* or the fact she was right there against him ;) hehehehe

Great chappie! They are both 'free' for the night. Obi-Wan and Onara; no titles to be spoken.

Excellent work! :D

5. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm falling in love with this story all over again.

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Kynstar Thanks, Kynstar! Yes, they are both free. For a little while. :)

FAB Thanks, FAB! What a lovely thing to say. Thank you. :)

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    :)

Great job, Arwyn! The Katarra dance scene is definitely one scene I don't mind reading a second time around! :D

Can't wait fore more! :)

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Augh! i thought I'd replied. LIked Obi having to pry her off.

9. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Wonderful chapter, Arwyn! Glad to see they're getting, um, closer. :D Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

10. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Astroanna Thanks, AA! More forthcoming. :)

DarthIshtar Thanks, DI! Yeah, poor Obi-Wan. Women just seem to want to cling to him. :)

Shanidl Thanks, Shaindl! :)

I'm hoping to get a bit more up to speed on this fic regarding posting. I'm eager to get to the point I left off last time in Part Three. Poor Anakin in a heap on the floor. :) So, again, thanks so much for bearing with me. Very much appreciated.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heck, I want to cling to him and I'm not even a damsel-in-distress. And I'm married. My hubby, though, knows that Obi's just for fantasy.

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I simply love this story.

Poor Obi, he's not sure why he's feeling the way he is and he has no idea how to deal with those feelings.

Wonderful chapter. =D=

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww that was lovely. With their current state of mind is a mating dance the best thing to go and see?

14. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    DarthIshtar In my humble opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little fantasy. Makes real life just a little more bearable. ;)

Jedi Master Jen Thanks, JM Jen! I should have a new post up tomorrow. :)

Sabe Thanks, Sabe! Hehe! I agree. :D

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    First Knight - Part Twelve

By Arwyn Whitesun

---------------

Anakin struggled to hide the smirk he so desperately wanted to flaunt at Lady Tsara, but he contented himself with doing so privately while he kept his face vacant, revealing nothing of his thoughts. But he nearly smacked his lips with pleasure over how deluded the perverted old shrew was.

Lady Tsara sat, humming loudly and off-key to herself, fingers flying as she knitted, but like all grownups she was totally clueless. She assumed Onara's scream had something to do with Obi-Wan's so-called blessing of her. Anakin knew better. His master and Onara were no longer within the bridal chamber. He had sensed their absence. More than likely Onara had screamed because Obi-Wan had jumped out the window with her.

Anakin had to admit that the more he thought about it the more impressed he was with his master for having done such a loony thing. Among some of the younger Padawans his master was sometimes called Oldie-Wan Kenobi because he was such a strict disciplinarian and rather a stick in the mud when it came to following the Jedi Code. Jumping out of a window with a beautiful young woman and, in essence, playing hooky from the blessing ceremony was the last thing Anakin would have ever imagined Obi-Wan doing.

Yet, done it he had. As to why, Anakin had no clue. That bothered him because over the years he had been Obi-Wan's apprentice he had pretty much figured the older Jedi out. At least he thought he had. But now his master had gone and done something totally out of character and if he was capable of doing one unexpected thing, he was apt to do more unpredictable things. Anakin didn't know whether to be excited or apprehensive.

Obi-Wan had become, to some extent, the father he had never had and, though Anakin did not have any experience with fathers, he assumed they were exactly like mothers. Or should be. Stable, solid and reliable and not inclined to do crazy things like jump out of windows and run off into the moonlight with beautiful, young women. And Onara certainly was beautiful. Beautiful in a way that made Anakin's stomach hurt. Dark of hair and eyes, slender and small like some elfin princess, she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Except for his mother and Padme, of course.

He felt a stab of guilt. He had not thought about any other girl in that way since he'd first met Padme all those years ago. She constantly lived in his dreams and he imagined she was more beautiful now then he remembered. He sighed. No, he wouldn't think about Padme right now. It always made him sad and nervous when he thought about her. He would focus his thoughts on Obi-Wan and this astonishing alteration in his master's character.

The truth was Anakin worried a great deal about Obi-Wan, though he kept his concerns to himself. The reason he worried was that his master took being a Jedi Knight, his mastership of Anakin and life in general much too seriously and, as far as Anakin was concerned, nothing good could come from such tireless, unflagging and tedious devotion to the Jedi Order, the Jedi Code and the Jedi Council.

Anakin rubbed his neck. Maybe Obi-Wan would loosen up somewhat as a result of this night. Maybe jumping out the window with Onara was the beginning of something novel and atypical coming to life within the stoic, dour Jedi that would cause him to finally cast off his inhibitions and not be such a noddy-coddy when it came to following the Jedi Code and always----by the putrid pit of Carkoon---doing exactly what the Council ordered him to do and maybe, just maybe, giving Anakin a break and not expecting him to be the epitome of the perfect Padawan.

Anakin frowned. Nah, never happen.

He still recalled the time when, as a lark and partly to impress, he had floated a piece of fruit over to the child of a Senator he and his master had been visiting for dinner. Obi-Wan had firmly chastised him.

The Force is not to be used for such capricious purposes, my young Padawan-learner.

Therefore, knowing

16. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    One of the things I enjoyed most about this story was how much Anakin grew through it. I love how he thinks he knows his Master so well. Loved the descriptions of some of Obi-Wan's more exciting activities. :D

Shaindl

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, anakin's smart.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wise choice, young one. Let your Master have his 'fun' *snrk* hehehehehe

Great chappie! Loved the differences that that Obi did compared to the action fun filled stuff Anakin did! hehehe Great work!!

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good Ani, you're learning. Leave your Master alone.

I thought it was cute that Anakin was impressed with the fact that Obi-Wan jumped out the window with Onara.

Another terrific chapter. =D=

20. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nah, never happen. - Loved Anakin's thoughts about his Master. That even if he had done something wild and exciting, it was only for a boring purpose!

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks, Shaindl! I hope I didn't make Obi-Wan sound too much like a nerd. :) I just sort of imagined him being kind of nerdy, but in a very sexy way. :D

DarthIshtar At least he thinks he is. :)

Kynstar Thanks, Kynstar! I like playing around with the contrasts in their personalities. :)

JediMaster Jen Thanks, JM Jen! Hope to have another post up relatively soon.

Sabe The Anakin scene is actually one of my totally rewritten ones from the first incarnation of this fic. Wanted to do more development of Obi-Wan and Ani's relationship. Glad you liked it. :)

22. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    First Knight - Part Thirteen

By Arwyn Whitesun

-----------------

Obi-Wan and Onara walked in silence through the forest and as they did Obi-Wan imagined that she, like him, was just reveling in the beauty of the night and that, at least for the time being, they were both free from the expectations of her father and grandmother as it related to the blessing ceremony.

The forests of Ahjane were ancient and magisterial, the tops of the trees sweeping across the star-filled heavens, the trunks knotted and pitted with age. Moonlight and starlight glimmered on the large, palm-like leaves and the noise the leaves made as the wind drifted through them was like the whispers of ghosts. Glancing to his right, Obi-Wan noted a particularly striking looking tree with angular branches that were covered with a curtain of gently swaying, red fronds. He was about to ask Onara if the fronds were a parasitic growth or indigenous to the tree, when he heard her speaking.

"It's like something out of a fable, isn't it?"

He looked at her, then around him at the tall trees that soared overhead. "Yes, very much so. One could almost imagine the trees as castles or fortresses."

"When I was little I used to sneak into the forest and make up stories."

"Really? What kind of stories?"

She shrugged. "Just stories." She glanced at him, then looked down, her hand swinging along her side, her fingers straying along the edge of her dress. "I'd run away sometimes when I grew tired of Grandmother scolding me. I could never please her." She sighed heavily. "Anyway, I would run away into the forest and hide. Do you know once it took Father's men two days to find me."

"Two days? How old were you?"

"Five."

Obi-Wan stared at her in shock. "Five! Your poor father must have been beside himself with worry."

"Oh, he was. Very much so. I didn't mean to frighten him, but that particular day Grandmother had..." Onara stopped and bit her lip. "When they finally found me she made Father lock me in a closet for two days, the same number of days I'd gone missing."

Her voice grew distant. "I made up stories as I sat alone in the dark. And I didn't cry or beg to be let out. Not once. And that, I think, made Grandmother even angrier."

The moon's light slid along Onara's slender neck, highlighting her long, ebony hair. Obi-Wan had tried to not let himself be affected by her beauty, but it was difficult. For she was beautiful. And what made her even more beautiful was that he could sense she was completely unaware of it. Most beautiful women knew they were and, as a result, had certain expectations from people. Such women did not interest Obi-Wan.

But Onara was completely oblivious to her physical charms and that made her all the more appealing to him. He wondered if her grandmother had something to do with it. Perhaps her constant criticism had led Onara to believe she had no favorable qualities. He imagined her as that stubborn little girl, refusing to cry even as she sat alone in the dark, determined to defy the grandmother whom, he could only imagine, had made her childhood a living hell.

"Onara?"

She turned and looked at him. He saw in her dark eyes that despite her words she was still haunted by what had happened. He decided to draw her thoughts away from those awful memories.

"Tell me one of your stories."

Her brow wrinkled. "One of my stories?"

"Yes. The ones you made up when you were a little girl."

She stared at him, then smiled, the darkness that had been swirling in her eyes replaced by their usual brightness.

"I suppose. If you'd really like to hear one."

He nodded.

"I'll just give you a summary as I don't want to bore you. There is this one story, my favorite actually, in which I'm a buccaneer. I used to pretend the Malia River was the ocean. I had washed up on shore because my mutinous crew had commandeered my ship and left me for dead. So I lived alone in the forests, eating only berries and tranga roots. But every day I grew stronger, for I also fed on my lust for revenge."

She clen

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like his teasing, her fantasy of being anything but a simpering princess.

24. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Ahhh....I just love that!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohh man locked her in a closet for the same amount of time? Eek... talk about your punishments... jeez. And that old wench... no telling what she did... :mad:

Ohhhh Obi is feeling the pull! Ahhh the most powerful 'force' in the universe! Love hehehe well affection ;)

Great chappie! Love the detailing of Obi's feelings there! Very realistic :D Keep up the good work! [face_love] yay for Obi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.