main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters First Love, Last Love - a Jaina/Zekk Index and Resource - Spring Update & New Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JainaZekk_Index, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This might be my very first NJO fic...

2. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I'm away for a few days and when I come back...whoa, Zekk in a kilt.... :eek: o_O [face_laugh]

This could be interesting...:D

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Be gentle with the NJO Striker, it's lived a very troubled life... ;)

Of course you always could do something wildly AU. o_O

Interesting is sort of what I'm hoping for. We may be the underdog in this love polygon, but no one can claim we aren't interesting!

And on a good day one might even call us intriguing :D

(this needed an up.)

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Gentle with the NJO, Paladin? Oh, you have nothing to worry about.

Zekk in a kilt will simply expose all the evil clones for who they are. How dare they take the place of our heroes!

5. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Interesting is sort of what I'm hoping for. We may be the underdog in this love polygon, but no one can claim we aren't interesting!

Too true! Kyp and Jag fans seem so serious! And as for us, well, we are oddballs, arn't we? :D

6. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Or very, very strange. Which is a good thing. :p

Oddballs, yes, and eternal optimists as well. :D

So, when's the deadline for this challenge?

7. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Good question, I'm still waiting for the ladies of the J/Z_I sock to work out the details in their copious free time. :p

I've only got a few hundred words as a start because it's too hot to write where I am. [face_tired]

8. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Copious free time....he he, good one, NP. :D

Looks like we need to start on this challenge...does anyone have any last additions/suggestions for it before it becomes official?

And I thought I would point out this poll: Zekk needs a lot more votes over there.

9. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Hey, i need a question answered: did Zekk and Jaina interact in NJO? I need details if you wouldn't mind for a fic with Zekk and Jaina in it.

10. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    A little; Zekk was ignored for most of the NJO, so chances for interaction were few. :p

In SbS, they worked together on the mission to Myrkr; in SbS, and later in DJ, Zekk tried -- and failed -- to drag Jaina back from the dark side after Anakin's death; later in the NJO, Zekk and Jaina were both part of the Jedi Force meld employed in battles like Ebaq 9, so it seems likely they may have had some off-screen interaction around that time.

11. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Well, there was a smidgen of Zekk and Jaina interaction in NJO. It kinda gets the Z/J'ers worked up for a variety of reasons. A good source might be the Dhalbreth Square fansite's excerpts page which has a few pieces of Dark Journey. There is a bit more here, towards the bottom too.

Also, as the Jedi strike team was leaving Myrkr Zekk was piloting them through a dogfight till Jaina made him turn over control (which annoyed the heck out of me, but that may just be me).

Is there much else of interest? Anyone?

Edit Ah, JoE, you beat me! :p

12. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Thanks a bunch!

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Copious free time? When I'm trying to get 3 ferrets to accept a new one? Oy!

You've got to be kidding lol!

I'll talk it over with DA and we'll make sure we've got all the points for the challenge worked out...

The kilt challenge *snicker* that cracks me up!

14. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Story sections 1 and 3 updated. 1 new story each.

Challenge to come shortly, (once we all communicate) stay tuned!

EDIT: Story section 2 updated also, 1 new story.

15. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005

July Challenge is up on the first page, and for those of you too lazy, is as follows... with some tweeking ;)

The Zekk in a Kilt Challenge

Post NJO, Zekk has a life dependent on him, his seed ship. However, Zekk can only fly one ship at a time; leaving him with the question of what does he do with The Lightening Rod? Also, how does he handle the new responsibility while Jaina didn't get a seed ship. What are her feelings.

1. must address what Zekk does with The Lightening Rod now that he has a Seed Partner dependent upon him.
    2. must feature Zekk wearing a kilt.
    3. must have the line ?He looks good in a skirt/dress?

16. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm definitely on for this challenge (obviously I hope ;) ). Who else is going to make a go of it?

I can't wait to see what people do with this!

17. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Count me in! :D

18. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Ah ... I'm already well into a vig/short story, but I'm not sure it'll get finished. :p

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, I'm going to give this one a shot, but I haven't read the books, so we'll see how it ends up ;)

20. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I suppose I had a head start because I conceived of the challenge, but I've posted my response to the Zekk in a Kilt Challenge in the challenge thread :D
    Let me know what you think, I may have been writing a bit out of my element... o_O

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Writing out of your element? I just read it and man is it hilarious!

You should post it in a seperate thread so more people will read it ;) Very classic!

22. Lyrienne

Lyrienne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    Oh, I definitely want to try my hand at this one. :D It could fit very nicely with another plot bunny I've been wanting to write for a while.

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, well, I'm gonna be gone for a week, so I'll post my entry when I get back! :)

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thus far my muse isn't biting for this one... I get started and then... fizzle

*sighs* Ah well, maybe it'll bite in the near future as I'm writing my other J/Z fic! Here's hoping!

25. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Yeah, similar happened to me Jade Max. It was about a week later and a pretty big work around before I got No Excuses out of the mix. I think I have about three scenes that I wrote for this challenge in my unused snippets file because I liked them but couldn't use them. :p Ah well, they may come in useful later.

As an aside, I'll take your advice and post my response in a thread of its very own on Friday. That way JZ_I folks get the one week preview. :D I'd love it if everyone could share the love again on Friday or I'll feel really lonely ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.