main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters First Love, Last Love - a Jaina/Zekk Index and Resource - Spring Update & New Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JainaZekk_Index, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Here's a topic: how did Jaina and Zekk meet?

2. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Interesting, I've often wondered about how they met myself. I haven't really come up with any ideas, though. I've wondered if it's possible they met through Peckhum, that is, if the Solo twins happened to know him before they met Zekk....

Or maybe they just met somewhere on Coruscant one day... I'll be interested in whatever you write about this! :D

3. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    How do you know I'm writing something about this? Ooh, that's a good idea, I should give it a try!

4. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    I can read your mind, of course! ;) :) Actually, I think I read that you would use it for your story in the other thread. Good luck writing, then!

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I remember reading somewhere they met on Coruscant, but I can't remember where I read it. Jaina mentions something to Zekk about previously bringing him home.

I can't remember more than that though... It'd be an idea for a challenge though. Challenge everyone to write a vig or a short story as to when and where they met. First impressions etc...

Would deal with Pre YJK and they'd be kids, but it'd be an interesting idea, yes?

6. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Cool idea. :D I've always wanted to write how they met. Anyone have ideas to add?

7. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004

I'd do it! It sounds like fun!

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, let's get a couple more entries for our Kilt challenge first, I think...

though fleshing out the challenge might be tough...

Fun though, and we still have Jedi_Bubble's challenge too, so we're ahead of the game lol!

9. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Yes, that would be a good idea.

Speaking of Kilt challenge, I better go check that out.

10. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *gasps*:eek:

The Kilt Challenge!

*runs off*
    *runs back*

Did there happen to be a deadline on that?

11. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Nope, there's no deadline. :)

And I'm looking forward to reading more challenge fics! :D

12. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Alright, Ladies and Gents, we've had our first update!

- twelve (12) new stories added to the index
    - 1 challenge story
    - discussion topic updated - "How did Jaina and Zekk meet?" - courtesy of Jedi_Bubbles

Great job everyone! The stories are wonderful; we'll put Zekk back in the spotlight yet!

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I had a wild idea tonight...

What would everyone think about trying to get in contact with authors from the classic board who have unfinished stories that we'd all like to see finished and then, if we get permission, offering those stories up as "adoptable"?

It would take work though - tracking down e-mail addys is not a fun task.

14. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I had a grassroots operation like that at one point. The Geriatric Plot Bunnies society for the adoption of unfinished stories.

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Vongchild, I love it, that's an awesome idea - possibly where I pulled mine from, while reading the boards half asleep :/... all well, it's a great idea non the less :D

Geriatric lol! I love it :D

16. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hurray! Then I still have some time...gosh I'm getting so lazy lately...[face_blush]

What would everyone think about trying to get in contact with authors from the classic board who have unfinished stories that we'd all like to see finished and then, if we get permission, offering those stories up as "adoptable"?
    Sounds like an okay plan to me :)

17. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Finally posted my challange responce! Whoo!

18. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Adoptable stories . . . interesting idea. :D

19. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    I'm interested. It'd be cool to adopt a story.

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    The whole idea behind my system was that if an author had a plot bunny that they had given up on halfway through or a completed story that they felt someone else could do more justice to, they would submit it to the index. Then adopters would look through the index, contact the original author to find out if they could use the fic, and then contact the index to have it added to the Adopted list.

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Hmm, I think in this case, I'm going to see if I can personally contact the authors to ask permission as many of them are no longer on the boards. I may be able to find them elsewhere.

If it goes well, perhaps we can put up a list of "adoptables" and "adoptees" and then everyone can read what they are when they're done.

I guess the first part falls to me, now that I've said my piece... Anything in the "Classic" board that's incompleted is something I'm going to try and get permission to have as an "adoptable" story.

Whee!

22. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    If you need any help just ask!

23. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Count me in, but keep in mind that a lot of people who once posted on the classic board are no longer active.

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Yeah, I know... I just think there's still a way to track them down... a project for the next month, me thinks...

Thanks for the offer of help, guys!

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, I think the "adopt a story" thing is a fizzle. I've tracked down several of the authors and none of them want to participate. Ah well, c'est la vie!
    In other news, the update for August is coming along nicely.

We're discussing when the New Challenge will be issued, so stay tuned for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.