main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH ~*~ First Meeting~*~

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey Gang,
    I was thinking with how fast the convention is coming, and how much I have heard others talk about wanting our club to be offical before the Convention.

So, instead of the 30th of March, to next Saturday at the Barnes and Noble Coffee Shop at 2:00 in Kenwood.

If you can't make it to the first meeting, it's okay, Folks, there are going to be other meetings. I thought it would be nice to have a meet and greet so that all of us would know one another off the board, and in person.

This meeting has a outline and shouldn't run more than an hour. We have to vote on a few issues, and talk about the Chapter's shirt. Those are are about it. Beyond that it's just getting to know one another.

If you can make it on Saturday, just post a Yea or Nay below this post.

Thanks all!
    Lotus!

2. JULES_WINFIELD

JULES_WINFIELD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2001
    I sent you a PM on this issue. But I won't be able to attend because I work 1-9 on Saturday. If others can't attend either then maybe something can happen at night. Or if you won't Lotus we can meet up later in the night since were so close by, if your scheduale permits. Laters.

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    :( I gotta work

that is a good spot to meet, though, even for me in Kentucky since Kenwood is a fairly quick and easy drive up 71.

4. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    What time would be better? I'm free all day Saturday, so we can always shift the time. I just wanted a "offical" announcement. We CAN shift the time, this was a potiental time. Let me know what's better for everyone.

Lotus!

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    nah, you'll have to do it without me. I work from 1:45 to 10:15

6. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    i work till 5 and my fiancee who would also be attending works till 6...7 would be the earliest we could show

7. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    New Time:

Okay, after much talk, and everyone's requests, the time for the meeting has been moved to 9:15 pm, at Barnes and Noble in Kenwood, on Montgomery Road. We're meeting up in the coffeeshop in the center of the store. The meeting should only last about an hour at the most, for those of you who wondered how long it would last.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me with them.

Thanks!
    Lotus!

8. jedimike321

jedimike321 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    So exactly where and when is the meeting? I need to see to it that I get off in time.

9. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Hey, JediMike321,

Lotus has posted in this thread that the meeting is going to be at 9:15 at Barnes and Noble coffee shop in Kenwood.

If you need directions, let us know where you're coming from and we'll get you there.

10. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Hi,

I saw your link on the main page and was quite excited to learn of the local club. There's a good chance that I may swing by on Saturday, but I guess I was curious to get more details.

What do you plan to do, at the meeting and in general? As I am a spoiler-free guy, will the meeting be spoiler-free? (That's actually quite important as I want to savor the movie next month!)

As usual, it looks like I'm the only person on the west side of town with any interest in Star Wars. *sigh*

11. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Hi ya:
    I'm a spoiler free person, but we can't promise for the others. Our group is just StarWars fans getting together. This first meeting is a "Hey we're flesh and blood people, nice to meet ya." meeting. I think once we know one another we'll have a better idea of how things roll.

As for me, of what I want from this group is just a bunch of buddies to enjoy StarWars with. Like going to the movie, and hanging out. The hope of Fan Force is to just have StarWars fan get together, and have others who have similar interets. Beyond that it's what you want it to be.

Edit: There are some on the Westside. Just start askin'.

Lotus!

12. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    I obviously didn't make it to the first meeting, but how did it go?

13. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Both of the meetings one and two (which was last night) went well. I didn't expect too many folks to show last night, because of short notice, but it was a great showing. And we all had a great time with Ron of the Indy Knights, he was amazing with is amount of club information, and help. He gave us their charter for the club, so I spent part of last night reading through what it said.

We have the ability to be just as large, and just as connected as they do, it just takes time and work to pull it all through to finish. We're setting up a movie line up, and getting Our shirt done here soon. I'm going to post a graphic and see if everyone agrees, and if not we'll have others work a graphic out, and vote.

Our next meeting is a Saturday on the 6th of April at Dave and Busters in Tri-County. We havent' set a time yet. That will be put in place early next week, on a poll vote.

So...get involved, we'd love to have ya. And we'd love for you to...join..us. Spouses/girlfriends are welcome, along with any family that doesn't post on the board, that would be interested. All are welcome.

Lotus!

14. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Just remember:

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success" - Henry Ford

15. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    *smiles* Thanks for the quote, Inny. :) It's beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.