main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon First Official Oregon FF Meeting (in awhile)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    It is time for the Oregon Fan Force to come together and act like a real FF.

This meeting will be to celebrate the completion of the Star Wars Saga, becoming an actual FanForce, Atticus getting into LA Film School, to see me off to Russia(or if planning takes as long as it could, with not many people on here much it could be a welcoming me home.lol), and if by chance we have a birthday or something.

So first we will plan "The Place of Meeting".
    Does anyone have a good place in mind that can comprimise the miles apart we all live? It seems Salem MIGHT be a central place, I know there are some of you in Portland, and some of you completely opposite Portland. Any input?

Suggested/Desired Dates: hopefully JUNE, maybe JULY, could be AUGEST. (It better not take until September to pull the O.F.F. together!) :p

This is a rough outline of a rough outline. PLEASE STEP UP AND MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL IN DESISIONS!!!

2. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I voice my interest in attending, and care not as to whether it is here, or anywhere else for that matter. But close would be better.

Decision helping has been given!

*flies away*

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *grabs Vengeance in mid air and pulls him down again*

Aha! Got ya! Why have you been hiding?! And, very off topic but too lazy to post anywhere else, WHY WEREN'T YOU AT THE FANFORCE VIEWING OF ROTS?! You said you'd be there, infact you were the one that told us to meet at 6:00pm! You stood me up and even though I don't know you at all, I'm hurt. hmf. (lol, j/k)
    Sister...so, you have a sister...if YOU will not come out of hiding then PERHAPS SHE WILL...

4. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    um, well, unless you make it somewhere around eugene, or even roseburg, i probably will never make these cuz 1)my truck is a POS and will never make it that far 2)i live in medford, by oregon's southern border, thats a long ways from salem and 3)i work on a rotate shift at work, which means my timing is reeeeally messed up. sorry guys!!! i would love to attend, i really do. but unfortunatly, right now life takes first dibs.

5. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I don't know when my surgery is going to be yet but I'm guessing July, so I could only make the meeting if it was in June and/or Auguust.

LOL Larena. Vengie didn't come because he's scared of you [face_worried].

Actually we talked and he was telling me that his mom wouldn't let him borrow money for the movie and she didn't feel like driving him either. I guess this just shows how far to the dark side she has fallen. ;)

6. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I would not mind attending, but there would have to be one or two more adults (i.e. over 20 years old) in attendance so it would not feel so odd. I think adult attendance is a good idea anyway, either a parent, or 2 or 3 adult fan forcers. Heck, I would even buy a pizza.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I'll see if Lando and Han are busy during the time we have it. They are never on time, but they always come through at the last second. ;) Hopefully they can make it , it's been awhile since I last saw them.

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    awe Crash_Down! Age does not matter when you share a passion for something! Some of my BEST and CLOSEST friends are in their 20's, I feel like I can talk to them. And they talk to me just like I was on the same level. Heck, I was only 15 when I went to Russia and everyone else was 20 and UP, but by the end of the internship we had a tight bond. We did crazy stuff together, talked seriously AND goofed off. Being able to talk on the same level, just because of the person they are inside instead of the age, is an important talent.

9. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    It's not the talking I'm concerned with. I think I would have fun with you guys. Star Wars bridges all ages. But to protect myself, and to protect you, I cannot be the only adult in a group of teens, who got together from an internet chat group. If I knew that other adults would be involved then I think it would be OK. A few years ago the Oregon Fan Force had more older members, and this type of event would work well. But with primarily younger members now, there are a lot of legal/social things to think about.

10. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I think I have a fake mustache lying around the house somewhere. I can wear a disguies to look older. ;)

But I see what you mean.

11. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Eh, most folks at the premiere thought I was 20ish until I told them. And I get in uncarded at Northern Lights quite often, lol.

And Larena, that was me getting you back for spending TWO DAYS not talking to me *huff*

12. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I can probably make it as long as it isn't any further south than Salem, cuz I don't want to drive that far. June is probably no good for me. July would be best.

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well ok, I geuss it will have to be in Augest then. wow. June is no good for brook, July is no good for Atticus, I HOPE Augest is ok with everyone? I mean, we DO HAVE the whole month of Augest. And 3 months in advance I think y'all have time to PUT ASIDE a weekend or something.

Month: 2nd half of Augest, preferably on weekends.

Place: ...North Salemish...(I'll see what our options are in N Salem.)

Vengie, I did SO talk to you...you just didn't know it was ME! :p hehe.

14. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    No you didn't.

If you were a part of that group just behind us cloaking it up, I did not talk with you at all, lol. Maybe YOU had no idea it WASN'T me =P

EDIT: And August should be fine, unless I wind up going to Europe then. If that happens, though, it will be later in August, like after the 21st or even later.

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I'm going to Mars to find Quato and kill abunch of demons. So I don't know how long I'll be gone. Does anybody know how long it will take to get to Mars?

16. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, guess it all depends on your propulsion system. Mars is on average around 65,000,000 miles (103,000,000 kilometers) from Earth, so you can use that as a basis of your calculations.

Running up some Doom 3?

17. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Heck yeah, just rented it. I just got to the part where Sgt Kelley(I think tells me to find Alpha squad.

The quato thing is from Total Recall though.

Are you good at math? Because both Larena and I suck at it.

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Lol, what does THAT have to do with anything in this thread? Did I miss something? I AM sorta oblivious, that's part of the reason I can't do math.

Vengie, your ordered to STAY in the continent until the Oregon FF finally comes together. Sorry. ;)

19. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I'm going to Mars to kill me some demons and to find Quato. I just rented Doom3 so I got demon slaying on the mind. The Quato thing I have stuck in my head because when X-Play reviewed this game on G4TechTV, they had Flash Picture animation they made of Arnold Schwarrzzennegger(I don't even think God knows how to spell his last name?) talking about Quato. which is from Total Recall.

Vengie, your ordered to STAY in the continent until the Oregon FF finally comes together. Sorry. ;)

Isn't the second coming more likely to happen?

20. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    No. He's staying.

21. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Okay, need any help forcing him to stay? I have enough Lightsabers and blasters for a small army of Ewoks ;).

22. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    HE will come to ME.

23. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i might be able to do june. i'm not sure what my work schedule is going to be yet.

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Yeah, the problem with that is that we would need to do it in the next 13 days if it is in June. Now, if we pull together it IS possible, I just do not foresee it. lol.

25. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I'm free for those 13 days. Also depending on how I am after the surgery it would be possible to do it in July, I'm just ot sure how good I will feel. I might actually feel better and heal faster. Who knows [face_thinking]?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.