main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    OK. I did it. I didn't want to but while I was working on the first sentence the second just wouldn't get out of my head. So I posted it.

Beyond the Saga

Please note, that I only do this for fun. In no way,shape or form am I any good at it.

2. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    It's not the challenge hon, it's all the carrots on 'roids that I planted around the perimeter of your yard. :D

Lola64 and Shadowolf, EXCELLENT responses. I gotta do this mush thing again. Methinks I likee!!!

3. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    This post has two missions:

First to put back on the first page so it can be seen and tried. It's one of the most interesting challenges here and everyone is doing so well with it.

Second to say that I finally got my first sentence finished. I posted it here Beyond the Sage

Now I'll be hopping into the non-Beyond the Saga boards (which I don't do often enough) to see those entries.

I can't wait to see what your next sentence is Twich.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I did one for the second challenge. It's on the Beyond thread. I started to go one way with it and then it took a left turn. I don't know what happened. I'm still puzzled...

5. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Woot! Great entries! I'm having fun with this....so I thought I'd bump it back up in case anyone wanted to get involved in the mushy stuff. :)

6. dark_jedi_lover

dark_jedi_lover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    This is a cool idea. That sentence sure messes with my head, but it sounds like it should be in the middle of a scene far into the future of my fic *rushes to Word Pro, inspired*

Maybe I can work with the next sentence though. Thanks for inspiring me [:D]

7. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Bumping up to see if we should add another sentence....?

8. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Oooooh yes please.

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Okay, was working on the first sentence this evening. Oops. It is in the Beyond the Saga thread. My first fanfic, too. But this used to be one of my fave timed writing exercises.

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. Sword of the Jedi. Hmph. Why not Navigator of the Jedi? Tactician of the Jedi? The Trickster Jedi? Even Kettch the Kriffin Ewok Jedi! Anything but "Sword" of the Jedi! Curse her stupid title, anyway! She'd rather have a sword right now than be "The Sword." Suddenly the blaster bolts from ahead shifted and found purpose as she ducked for cover in a doorway just in time.

Zonoma

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes! We demand another "first sentence!"

Okay, I'll be nice. Pretty please? [face_praying]

11. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Okay, you twisted my arm. (You guys are really getting good with your use of the Force btw...)

Here's another sentence. Same rules still apply and all of the other challenges are still open. That way you can choose which you like. :)

Here's this week's sentence:

He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was "Tell me this is not happening."

Here are the threads:

Before the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/20799271/?0

The Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20799327/?0

Beyond the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20799351/?0

12. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Another sentence. Yay=D=

He awoke drenched in sweat =P~

Can't focus myself just thinking about it.

But I'll give it a try. Maybe even a couple of tries, yes? 8-}

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    AGHHHHHHH!!!! And here I thought I was all caught up! Now there's another one. Ah well. Now I have something to occupy my time as I go grocery shopping (UNGH). The rest of this on the Beyond the Saga thread.

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do. The lift had stopped and they were running out of time. He knew she knew it, too. Kyp was too injured to make it but he could save Jaina and he would. While he cringed inwardly at Jaina's reaction to his decision that she needed "saving", he was determined to follow through no matter the price.

Swing by and let me know what you think!

Zonoma

14. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Here we go! And NOW I'm all caught up! hehe. This is fun.
    This is posted in the Beyond thread.

He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was, "Tell me this is not happening." But as he became more aware of his surroundings he couldn?t deny that he was in Cighal?s lab with someone, ?No, not ?someone?, but Mara hates my guts Jade Skywalker,? hovering over him while he awoke. Of all the kriffin luck. I should have just stayed in the lift with "Oh, no!"

?Where?s Jaina??

Zonoma

15. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    This is completely awesome. How often do you plan on posting new sentences?

Zonoma

16. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Yeah, I'm definitely loving this.

Is there a new sentence every week?

That would be awesome!

~Jaya~

17. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    I've been doing about one a week. I figured I'd leave all or any of them open to anyone at any time. Cause you never know which sentence might spawn a plot bunny after all...[face_whistling]

18. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I nabbed the new first sentence and ran with it. I started a new short story today and that was just the sentence I needed to get me going. I've posted the first chapter in the Saga/First Sentence Challenge and will post the others elsewhere. I always start my fics with OCs to make sure they won't be read :oops:

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey jaya!

Did I miss your responses??:confused: I haven't seen them and I love your work! Let me know where you have posted and I'll look again.

Zonoma

20. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Ah. Aha. Neg that, jaya. I found your Recurring Dreams story in the Beyond thread. It was the spooky one.[face_worried] It definitely made me curious, though... will you be going further with it?

Zonoma

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That sentence is very close to an idea I had for a fic already...maybe I can fit it in.

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Upping because this needs some publicity... I think a lot of people would enjoy it if they knew about it!

Z

23. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh boy, this is an interesting challenge. It just goes to show you how people's minds take different directions with this type of thing. I got inspiration for some of them. Whoot!

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    This really isn't fair you know. :p I was all happy with my lack of PB's since I wrote down the last two, and now I have about forty gazillion! :p

I'll see what I can do though.... [face_mischief] :p

25. Kylie_Jinn

Kylie_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, here's this weeks entry. I love this challenge, very broad range of appilcations.

-------
    He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was "Tell me this is not happening." The Wookie shook his head, rubbing a big paw against his temple as he looked around. He had never trusted those clones, from the minute they had set down at the village. They had been just as bad as the droids; they both smelt the same, like metal and hardwiring. The misty night outside the great tree was still lit by the fires, ominous red and orange lights playing across the veils of moisture. Bands of warriors were still out amongst them, hunting down the last of the troopers to have dared set foot on Kashyyyk
    --------

The rest will be under The Saga thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.