main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First The Force Awakens TV spot

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Aug 10, 2015.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, so I thought I might as well start a thread about it.
    A TV spot has been uploaded to the web by Star Wars Korea.

One new (gorgeous) shot - otherwise it's just recycled material from the teasers.

2. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    128 days.

3. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Hmmm...I'm VERY curious as to how these baddies come about. I guess it's easy with so many Stormtroopers looking for work after DS2 went kaboom.

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    bstnsx704 - great comparison pictures!
    I sent that ROTJ picture to a friend of mine immediately after seeing this spot. I totally forgot about that scene from AOTC though.

So far I'm loving the visuals in the teasers for this film. They look a lot like Star Wars should look, but somewhat updated for the 2010's. Some people may have a problem with the 2010's thing, but that was inevitable - I'm just happy they still (seem to) maintain a lot of the visual language of the earlier films, which I was worried about.

PymParticles likes this.
  6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    To get a little more on point with the comparisons:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess the most interesting contrast between the two comes in the form of the Republic leaders in AotC and the [EVIL ORGANIZATION'S NAME REDACTED FOR POTENTIAL SPOILER] leaders in TFA. Apart from Palpatine (and presumably his aid), the Republic leaders are essentially looking on at this army with a sense of dread. It is something that they have been forced into, but war is certainly the last thing that they want. In TFA, however, the evil leaders are most likely the ones rallying this group together on their own accord in order to drum up a war that they want to happen, much like Palpatine did, although they are probably going to be much more up front about their intentions.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That picture reminds of when Saruman is giving a speech in TTT to the Uruk Hai.

8. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    That looks pretty bad-ass...
    I think visually this movie will please every Star Wars fan..
    Let's hope for a great story!

9. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Exactly what I thought.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I LOVE the shot with all the stormtroopers and government leaders.

I'm taking a guess that after the Empire fell, there was a lot of galactic instability and a bit of anarchy, which allowed a similar government to take over pretty easily? Has happened quite a bit in our world.

11. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002

This is what intrigues me about TFA. I used to think (never read EU post ROTJ), that after the Empire fell the Rebel Alliance would've taken control of the Empire and re-instated the Senate and the Republic. I mean Leia was an Ambassador for the Senate in ANH, and the Senate was just dissolved after ANH starts and power was given to the regional Governors (or so Tarkin said). If the Governors had power over their regions then after the Empire fell they could've tried to split from the Empire/Republic, or become Emperors themselves. I wonder how the Galaxy is governed in TFA.

Although I find interesting to think about the politics of the GFFA it's something secondary to me. The OT did not really centered around the politics, but more in the war/struggle of the Alliance and the Empire (hence the Star Wars). The PT centered too much on the politics and didn't get into the War until the third act of the second movie AOTC. I mean the clones don't actually attack until the end of the film!.

So far this looks to be more about war and hopefully less about politics.