main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Too spoilery.

I vote for the Offworld Jawas ravenously eating the Egg. Which is incidentally a much better reflection of the fandom.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I vote for ugnolte reacting to LGF "this is what was causing all the fuss?" Gestures to LACWAC / SWTV

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I love how LACWAC is sometimes still used. Hell even I still use it and I wasn’t even here when they changed it

InterestingLurker likes this.
  4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think it is a cool thread. A good place to just shoot the breeze if you will. For example I got to finally go to the Famous Machine Shop here in Michigan for some concerts last night. It is literally a garage, but I got to see Raven Black, Wednesday 13, Dope and Static X on the 20 year anniversary of the Wisconsin Death Trip Tour.

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I remember buying The Wisconsin Death Trip Album back in 1999. And I still think that Album holds up well even 20 years later.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The only one of those I've heard of is Static X. I don't pay a whole ton of attention to modern bands, other than some standouts I catch on the radio or Pandora.

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I listen to a mix of old and new.

You kinda have to know where to look though when it comes to modern music.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Wasn't quite sure where to put this but a TV note for UK folks - tomorrow night from 9PM-11PM BBC4 are doing two SW shows - Toy Empire: The British Force Behind SW Toys from 9-930 PM and The Galaxy Britain Built: The British Force Behind SW from 930-11PM.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hope you all are excited for TROS

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I've kept my expectations in check (as in I don't have any). That served me well for TFA and TLJ. I enjoyed both for different reasons.

10. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Saw it last night. Really liked it. The local theater chain here has a location where a couple screens are full service dinner theaters, so the husband and I splurged a bit and had some good food and a good night last night. Didn't get home till about 11, which makes me wonder why I'm awake already. :)

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I saw it Thursday, and I'm still not entirely sure where I stand with it. I liked some things, but also disliked some things. I'm seeing it again today so I shall see what a second viewing does.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Saw it twice on Thursday didn’t like it the first time loved it the second

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    After my second viewing I like it better.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think there was just a lot in the film that I couldn’t take it all in

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    You have the go ahead on your thread.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Wow it's a long time I've been active in this television-thread or the good old LACWAC as I remember it. I have been watching even Star Wars Resistance lately (with Mandalorian of course and a new movie which doesn't belong to this thread). Used to avoid Resistance like plague, cause it looked so ugly and too childish when it first came out. But actually it's often better than Rebels, because it is clearly for children. Rebels had these darker episodes that were almost like TCW as it's best (and I remember when people used to complain about childish episodes of TCW as well) but usually Rebels went into too childish direction and that often irritated me a little. The Resistance keeps the level of stories mostly child-friendly so I cannot complain about childishness, it is FOR children anyways. I'm even used to art style now mostly. Still a lot of episodes to watch, still watching season 1...

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Longtime no see @Swashbucklingjedi! It's good to see you popping into the Disco which didn't used to be so quiet. I have not watch Resistance or the Mandalorian yet though I will get there. Even the childish episodes of TCW used to have clone troopers getting stepped on and crush by Grievous but those things alone don't make a show darker or more mature. Presently I'm rewatching Rebels and its fun, the world needs more good Saturday morning action cartoons and less crack baby cartoons and anime knockoffs.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think TCW had problems keeping the tone consistent. Sometimes it was far too dark and/or violent for kids. (Carnage of Krell, Brain
    Invaders comes to mind) Other times it was very child friendly and relatively innocent.(some droid episodes at least) Then in some episodes it was weirdly both and that was the worst (Evil Plans- droids go shopping fruits but end up being tortured by Cad Bane).

Mandalorian is a nice series aimed more for adults, but sure some episodes were bit less mature I think. And everyone watches the series at least partially because of cute "Baby Yoda" as he is called, hopefully that critter gets his own name soon, since he is not baby Yoda as many people probably erroneously believe.

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011

Still working my way through Nirvana in Fire.

Give it a year or so. :p

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wrong Nirvana?

You know I've been thinking it might be fun come Feb to celebrate. I don't mean exchange valentines. I'm talking about celebrating TCW's return and showing support just in case of the off chance someone happens to peak in. I'll have to change my avatar to do it since Rex already has one but maybe we could do something like the Santa hats at Christmas time and photoshop clone trooper helmets into our avatars. I'll help where I can. Would anyone else be interested?

22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm going to RMC this thread.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Kings Dominion? Now that's a thrill I haven't felt in a long time. A long, long time...

Seerow likes this.
  25. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Ah, good ole' Haydn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.