main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends " FITTING IN" *COMPLETED, FINISHED,THE END! DOES OBI-WAN FIND A PLACE AND A MASTER THAT HE "FITS"?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    GO ADI! talk some sense into that quigonjinn!!

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *watches Qui-Gon come so close to actually doing something only to see him once again securely fasten a bucket onto his head.*

Qui-Gon Jidiot rides again....

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    whacks te bucket a few times- hello enything in there- nope no brain

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    The bucket needs to be smashed. *picks up a sledgehammer* Ready?

--later--

5. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    dl6669:*picks up hug oversized wooden mallet* allright, on the count of three: 1, 2...

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I think I get as much or more enjoyment reading your posts than you do reading my stories[at least I hope you get something from them.]

PEACE ewen

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    first you entertain us with a new post, then the peanut gallery returns the favor to amuse you :)

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    DL6669, benknobi1, hold up!

*Runs off the thread*

*Rolls back onto the thread in an Abrams M1A2 tank.*

*Rotates the guns towards Qui and aims for the bucket*

It may be overkill, but oh well. [face_devil]

9. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    *drops mallet figuring that JK150 can handle it from here*

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Ben K1 I get the feeling that JK 150 can handle anything that comes her way!!! So I think you can drop your mallet.

JK150 Thanx for upping. Post later today!!

PEACE ewen

12. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Ben K1 I get the feeling that JK 150 can handle anything that comes her way!!!

8-}

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn heard Adi?s accusations, understood them to be truth, but failed to acknowledge to her that she was right. He wanted to find an escape out of all this and he did what he had done when faced with Xani?s problem, he ran.

One week after his long chat with Master Gallia, Master Jinn headed on another mission.

Master Jinn watched out the porthole as the pilot lifted of from the temple's space port. The only thing on his mind was the little one that he left behind.

Obi-Wan had put such a dent in the master?s heart that he thought he would wind up in the swamp lands of Dagabah. He would use his escape plan just as before to dilute the hurt that mounted more, until Jinn was sure it would surpass the misery Xanatos created for him.

How did I let myself fall into the same old trap. Affection is not something I wanted to have for anyone else, especially an apprentice and most especially to someone?s else?s apprentice.

Jinn settled back in his seat and pulled the blinds down to keep from seeing planets and stars pass by. The more that passed and if he watched them he would know the further he got away from what he ran from.

Shouldn?t I be glad I am getting further away from my problems or problem, Obi-Wan. Or do I know you really can?t run from your problems. I should have faced them. I should have let them break the thin filament of a bond that exits between Obi-wan and I and then leave.

Deep down QUi-Gon knew he didn't mean what he thought about breaking the bond with Obi-Wan, but he would not admit it even to himself. It felt good, comfortable, safe to be connected again with an apprentice.

#######Later on the mission########

Master Jinn had battled more in the last two weeks than he had in the last year. Jedi always tried to settle any dispute without violence and Qui-Gon did attempt to do that. However the species he dealt with were less than peaceful or willing to listen to diplomatic reasoning. He went over his saber for the second time that night to make sure the crystals were not damaged. The saber was the only thing to suffer any during the battle fought this day. He replaced three crystals and at the rate he was going he would have to comm the temple and ask the weapon?s master in charge to ship him more crystals. That is how hard this trip had been. He did not have to contact the temple late that evening . Just as he sat down to a small meal he prepared himself, Jinn found himself back up and at the com link on the small desk. It was Master Yoda and as soon as his holo picture came up on the visual screen, Qui sensed something was wrong. He saw more than sensed something wrong because he truly felt nothing through the force, but then again he had kept his shields tightly closed.

As soon as he arrived on planet, Master Jinn closed off any link with the Jedi world because of other force sensitives on the planet that were not friendly to the Jedi. As bad as he hated to admit it, his reason for shielding had as much to do with Obi-Wan as it did with any adversary on this planet. He found early on in this mission that it was the only way he could keep his mind focused on the mission. He could not afford to spend his time worrying about the little one back at the temple. He was under the best of care with Adi. He would trust her with his own life and knew she would in no way ever been cruel to anyone let alone a child as Obi-Wan was who was also confused.

?Master Yoda is there something wrong??

There certainly looked liked something was wrong by Yoda?s droopy ears and overall look of sadness.

?Need you back here we do. Send another master we will.?

?Master, this mission has been an extremely difficult undertaking. I would rather not put another Jedi in harm?s way. Unless there is something very pressing that I should attend too back at the temple, I request that I stay here. I am more familiar with this uprising and I know?.?

?Obey the council you will Master Jinn. Needed back here you are. ?

?Jinn heard the urgency in Yoda

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    [face_shocked]

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    *opens up the tank's hatch*

Woo-hoo! Thank you ewen! Now we finally get to see Ja'Reen get his butt kicked!

*hops back in the tank and turns it towards Ja'Reen*

CHARGE!

16. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Oh good, we get to see Ja'Reen get his butt kicked by everyone's favorite buckethead!

17. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Jk150, can I at least smash up whatever's left after you blow them up? *swings sledgehammer around impatiently* I mean, I just have some anger issues to deal with, and taking them out on fictional characters seems like a good idea. [face_devil] And with bucketheads and idiots (Ja'Reen), how can I resist?

--later--

18. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    WOW! I take a second job and look what I miss! :D I figured since I have a head cold and couldn't sleep anyway I'd catch up. I'm glad I did! UUUUUPPPPPPP!

19. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
  20. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    dl6669: count me in [face_devil]

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn did not have to go to the council and request help from other Jedi master. Master Gallia, Master Plo Koon and Mace were there and prepared to go where Jinn directed. They would comb Coruscant for the missing knight and kidnapped padawan.

However there was one ready to aid Master Jinn that could hardly be held back until he could reach the temple. Sierra Kenobi, Obi-Wan?s sister was more anxious than anyone to find her pup of a brother was.

###Somewhere in the city, not far from the public transport landing.###

?You don?t think this plan of yours will work do you master??

Ja?Reen peaked around the corner of the building that hid them before he sat back down. He leaned his head against the cool brick wall of the building and looked up at the boy who stood bedside him.

?Knock it off Kenobi. It is not necessary to call me master any longer. You and Master Jinn saw to it I would never make it to master. No, I would have had a forced destiny of remaining a Jedi knight if the council even allowed me to stay. No now I will seek another career, something no so honorable so righteous driven. Maybe even become a thief or a slaver.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes grew wide with the mention of slavers. He had never been out to meet them but he had heard stories of missing knights, masters. and even apprentices. Either sold into slavery or pirates of the skies would kidnap them to work and they would never be heard from. He also knew with a force inhibitor, a Jedi was only as good as his abilities. He would not have the force to fall back on.

Obi-Wan toed the dust under his foot until his boot was covered in it.

?What plans do you have for me? Surely you are not going to set out on a new life with a kid tugging on your tunic.?

?Well you surely described yourself Kenobi. You wouldn?t have made it to knighthood so in a way I have done you a favor as well as myself. No, I don?t have any intention of keeping you but neither do I have any plans to let you return to the temple to your new master, Qui-Gon Jinn.?

The Jedi knight got up from his comfortable position just in time to see the transport he had been waiting on. He already had the tickets. Now he would wait until it was just about ready for take off and would hurriedly get on with Obi-Wan and secure them a seat. Once they were off the planet the Jedi would not even bother to look for him, or so he thought.

?Master Jinn, do you think maybe we should check the public transport system??

Jinn had to agree. With the pad wan, Obi?s sister. She might be young but she had a head on her head.?

?Sierra Kenobi don?t second guess a master. Qui-Gon knows what he is doing.?

You could see the blush on Mace?s face even through the ebony creamed skin. Padawans *did* not tell masters what they should do.

Jinn suddenly stopped in his tracks and threw his arm out to stop Master Plo Koon and Adi.

?No that?s quite alright Mace, your padawan is right. I really didn?t think Knight Ja?Reen would have enough courage to take him off world, but he might just realize he wouldn?t have a chance of keeping Obi-Wan a secret here on Coruscant. Maybe we should go to the transport station, check it out.?

?Very well Sierra and I can go there. ?

?I will check the lower section, the bowels of Coruscant, easy to hide there sometimes. Everyone around there seems to be hiding from something. If they have a few credits, it would be easy to purchase a safe haven.?

Adi listened to the two old friends talk and remembered how it use to be when Mace was her master and sometimes would hook up to journey together on a mission.

?Well you two know where you are going. Might I ask where you want Master Plo Koon and me to search??

?Maybe down along the river, where the less fortunate poor but honest people of Coruscant make themselves a home, up under the bridge. If Ja? Reen did not have many credits or if he wants to save them possibly to seek a way off the planet, he might have stayed there for the night, bummed some food from those who had it and were will

22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    more obi torture :_|

23. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Mace seemed a little untight in this post. Maybe he's trying to battle his own concern for Obi! Hope they catch up before Obi is taken off planet.

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Thalia's right, everyone seemed more than a bit tense.

25. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    What do you think, PK, group theropy?

UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.