main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Five Worst Dates - OTP Challenge #20 - Kit & Del (FoS ficlets)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', May 13, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved the insightfulness of his reflections and the clarity of his feelings and declaration of love. Namia is a tender warm nostalgic love while Rin/Kit is for the present and future. :)

Kahara, Kit' and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Del and Namia, thinking only about her and now Rin who is now his only love

3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    "Aperitif" - What a great start to this story! Love seeing B'ess and Jor'oune again, and I love the banter.

Awww! So sweet.

"Plink" - Your descriptions are fantastic, I could totally picture the scene. And great idea for a 'just work' not-date. :D

I really love this line!

Fantastic work so far, can't wait to catch up on the rest! =D=

Kahara, Jedi Knight Fett and Kit' like this.
  4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Date #2 - Yay podracing! I love podracing, so I love that you used that as the setting for this chapter. :D And I always love Kit's 'Force music', I know I've said it before but it's just such a unique and wonderful idea. Great mix of banter and poignancy as well.

This summed up the chapter perfectly! [face_love]

Date #3 - I love the mix of humor and banter with the more serious emotional bits. Kit's fears are completely understandable though.

Beautiful. Things aren't perfect but they're both trying their best. It feels very real and I love it.

Awesome work, once again!

Kahara, Jedi Knight Fett and Kit' like this.
  5. Blue_Daddys_Girl

Blue_Daddys_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2021
    I'm late to the party!

LOL someone is wise. The SW universe is yet another world where communication is the greatest villain of them all. I'm low key thinking any Jedi AU of mine should showcase communication classes.

This person is very wise. I'm looking forward to potential Del angst as he makes his GF miserable during an argument and gets flashbacks to this conversation hehe...

Ahaha, this made me laugh, it's an excellent line.

Was this meant to be "it to" ? And what's the policy on pointing out potential typos on the forum? I hope it's seen as different from concrit? Is it generally welcome if polite? :-x

Very romantic, in this setting, and another great line!

I only know Del's backstory, so some might have gone over my head, but since (I assume) this is set after the slave arc, I'm very happy to see him in a better place, and with enough optimism to think he'll never fight with his new gf xD

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    That is a beautiful way of summarising the different love that Del feels. I love it. Thank you :)

Yep. Namia really was all consuming when he was a slave, but now it's just Rin and him both comfortable in their love.

Me too. Those two have turned into my favourite 'couple who have been together for years' trope and foil for the two young love birds.

Thank you :) You're so lovely!

The whole "Force as Music" really has become a thing, hasn't it? I actually love it because it's just such an easy and lovely way of describing how the Force moves for her. Also great at depicting emotions without having to go into reams of description.

Aww, thank you. Realism is kind of what I was trying to get to, in amongst the heists and the pod racing!

Communication is always the greatest villain. Just imagine if everyone communicated. Then romantic fics and comedies would really cease to exist.

That would be our dedicated pub owners who've seen everything and still managed to make it through. One of those couples that have been together so long they kind of like two heads on the same body (but don't tell B'ess - she'd probably belt you)

I don't mind at all. Typos and punctuation are not my friend and I make them very frequently. I never mind concrit as it's about the only way to make myself a better writer.

Most people here don't mind - but just to be safe check out the thread on Authors who are open to PM Concrit.

Definitely after he's free. This is (checks excel spreadsheet) 20 years after he buys The Lady and 6 years after he's finally free of Muldeen. Which means his actual slavery length of time is terrifying if you start thinking about it. I think you'll like Kit/Rin. There are lots of stories of the two of them and their ever growing family on the boards. If you find anything with "Family of Scoundrels" in the title then it's a Del/Kit fic. Zallie is in there too.

Kahara and Blue_Daddys_Girl like this.
  7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Very late to the party here, but I really enjoyed reading the rest of these dates!

Date #4: Of course their romantic night doesn't turn out how they planned. This is the way. :p

Oh, I love this! :D And besides, ice cream can totally be a meal. [face_batting]

Date #5: Oh, such great banter! I love it.

Date #6: A wonderful way to wrap up this story! I love the dancing and Del 'finding' his way to Rin after all the other dance partners.

Beautiful! [face_love]

Fantastic job on this!

Kahara and Kit' like this.
  8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you @amidalachick for the lovely words! I'm glad you enjoyed all the various stories of all the terrible dates. :D[face_blush]@};-

Kahara and amidalachick like this.