main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Nat: This is wonderful!!! I can't wait until Jaina gets back

Thanks! And to read that, check your inbox ;)

Red: Woohoo!! Jaggie is back!

Haha, yes indeed. :)

That is so Jag! He is so singleminded about everything and would approach this as a mission.

Yes, singleminded is how most men are, even the good ones.

I'm with everyone on the four words, but I can't bet on you not throwing a hydro-spanner into the equation...

O:)

Can't wait for more!

2. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Already on page two before the second post? [face_blush]

Big [:D] to all of you for leaving comments, to Austyn in hopes that you feel better soon, and Nat for doing the beta. Once again, in case you didn't see the note, anyone who wants to be PMed when I update just say so in a post or PM me.

On a side note: voting begins today for the summer awards. The Jaina prequel to this story (Overkill) is nominated for best songfic and I'm up for best new author.[/shameless plug]

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... [face_love] ;)

Jaina Solo was too exhausted to notice the man sleeping on her couch when she entered her quarters. She dumped her bag in the doorway to her bedroom, removed the outer layers of her robes and crawled into bed. In the back her mind, a little voice was trying to tell her that something odd was going on. First, Jacen had expressed surprise in their twin bond?a rare event?and now he was trying to hide something from her. Then, her senses had picked up the faint scent of a masculine aroma. She decided if she wouldn?t sleep she would give the situation more thought, but within a minute she was resting.

------

The noise of a bag hitting the ground woke Jag with a start. Looking at the chrono he muttered a Chiss curse to himself. He had overslept. He was going to make her dinner and have it waiting on her for when she returned from wherever she had been. He would at least have gone and purchased some flowers, but he had overslept. Thinking of how this part of his mission wasn?t turning out so well, he knew somewhere in the Chiss afterlife Nawra was laughing at him. He sighed and pondered his options. Looking over at the comm unit, he saw the blinking red light and he knew she had not seen his message. This meant he had to stay at her apartment for the night if the message was going to work. Making his way over to the open doorway to her bedroom as quietly as he could, he saw her lying asleep. Part of him, a rather large part, wanted to crawl into bed with her. Then he caught sight of her lightsaber resting on the nightstand and figured that may not be the wisest course of action. Reluctantly, he made his way back to the couch and tried to sleep and to kill the stupid look he knew he had on his face from seeing her. He was only able to accomplish the former.

------

Jaina awoke out of habit at 0800. Walking out into her living area wearing the tank and shorts she?d slept in, she made her way to the comm station with her eyes closed. She did this for two reasons: she was not ready to surrender to being awake and she was afraid to see how many messages she had waiting on her. She sat down and began scanning her inbox. Her head said she was giving all the entries a look so they could be triaged and responded to accordingly. Her heart said she was looking for a name, his name. And there it was. Taking a shot of whiskey and a deep breath she opened the message to see four words:

Jaina?

Turn around.

--Jag

She couldn?t move. Fearfully she opened herself to the Force to confirm what she feared and hoped. Jag was here.

If she turned around, what would she see? Jag with flowers, with words of love, with a ring and a proposal? Jag with a grim look on his face, with words of how he was sorry but there was no room in his life for her?

Taking another shot and another deep breath, she turned to see Jag?asleep on her couch. Once the shock passed she was torn between laughing, beating him, and crying for joy or frustration. Without realizing what she was doing, she crossed to space to the couch and sat on the floor next to him.

She sat there for a few minutes staring at him and probing him with the Fore to make sure it was really Jag. He must have sensed her eyes staring at him because he awoke.

And there it was: the verdant hue that was Jag?s eyes. That shade of green that she had searched flora and fauna for, but could never quite match.

?Good morning? she said.

?Hmmm? he granted in reply.

?You ha

3. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    lol.
    That's adorable, with both of them so tired they can't even have a proper reunion.
    Loved Jaina walking in and not even seeing him, then Jag being asleep when Jaina finds the message.
    And then he's speaking in Cheunh to her... lol.
    Awwww.... what a great mushy post. I feel all happy now because of this.
    Great job! :)
    Thanks for the PM!
    -Zetta

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    MOst Wonderful job Big Fatty! Just to let u know, if i dont reply for a while, im leaving on vacation tuesday, and then as soon as i get back, high school starts!

5. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Great Post!

I especially liked the part about Jag's message not working because he was still asleep on the couch. It was quite endearing. And him trying to stay awake long enough to figure out whether it was real or not.

Looking forward to more.

6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    What a beautiful trilogy so far. I can't wait for more.

Zonoma
    *new reader*

7. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww, so sweet. I thought it was hysterical that Jag overslept. Looks like Mr. Chiss is becoming more human. :p Great post! Can't wait for more! :D
    --Wynssa

8. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    I just found this story and I think it is great. That last post was really sweet and funny although I think it would scare me to find my boyfriend whom I hadn't seen in two years asleep on my couch. Anywho, we need a new post soon!!

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks! And to read that, check your inbox

You're welcome :) Lol, the best part of being a beta is seeing the posts earlier than everyone else :D

Nat for doing the beta.

You're welcome :D

anyone who wants to be PMed when I update just say so in a post

Ooo, me, please!!!

That was so sweet!!! :D Poor Jag, his big surprise was ruined [face_laugh] very nicely written :)

10. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_blush]

Sorry, BF, it took me a little longer than I thought to get here...

but it was definitely worth the wait!

Jaina?

Turn around.

--Jag

What a great two-word message! I wondered what it might be, but that one hadn't occurred to me - a delightful surprise!

You're a wonderful writer. I will be watching for more PM's ...

oldj @};-

11. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Jaina?

Turn around.

--Jag

She couldn?t move. Fearfully she opened herself to the Force to confirm what she feared and hoped. Jag was here.

If she turned around, what would she see? Jag with flowers, with words of love, with a ring and a proposal? Jag with a grim look on his face, with words of how he was sorry but there was no room in his life for her?

Taking another shot and another deep breath, she turned to see Jag?asleep on her couch.

That was great.

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Taking another shot and another deep breath, she turned to see Jag?asleep on her couch. [face_laugh] Ah well, at least he's there.

Great update.

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_love] I loved it! :D So sweet and highly amusing. [face_laugh]

Jaina wakes up to find Jag asleep on her couch and he's so tired that he's speaking Chiss. [face_laugh] And then he falls back asleep... [face_laugh] But, at least Jaina's in his arms this time. [face_love]

I love this. :D Can't wait for more. ;)

14. Rebel_Jedi

Rebel_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Awww that was sweet! Great post! :)

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    zetta: Awwww.... what a great mushy post. I feel all happy now because of this. Great job!

Thank you :)

Thanks for the PM!

You're welcome

JAGSGURL: MOst Wonderful job Big Fatty! Just to let u know, if i dont reply for a while, im leaving on vacation tuesday, and then as soon as i get back, high school starts!

Glad you enjoyed the post. Have fun on your vacation, and is it seriously time for high schools to start up again? Wow. Good luck on the coming school year.

JJSF: Great Post!

I especially liked the part about Jag's message not working because he was still asleep on the couch. It was quite endearing. And him trying to stay awake long enough to figure out whether it was real or not.

Glad you like that part too.

Looking forward to more.

Thank you

Zonoma: Welcome to my stories [:D] Glad you're enjoying them :)

Wynssa: Aww, so sweet. I thought it was hysterical that Jag overslept. Looks like Mr. Chiss is becoming more human. Great post! Can't wait for more!

Yes, he's been off Csilla enough that his Corellian blood has begun to thaw. ;) Glad you're liking the story. :)

Cheersweetie: Another new reader :D Welcome to the thread [:D]

That last post was really sweet and funny although I think it would scare me to find my boyfriend whom I hadn't seen in two years asleep on my couch.

Glad you liked it. I never thought about the scary aspect of it... hmmm... oh well, Jaina could take him. ;)

Nat: First, you will most certainly be added to the PM list, thanks for asking.

That was so sweet!!! Poor Jag, his big surprise was ruined very nicely written

Yes, not as he planned, but I'm sure it worked out anyway and thanks :)

oldj: Sorry, BF, it took me a little longer than I thought to get here...

I'm just happy you got here at all :)

but it was definitely worth the wait!

What a great two-word message! I wondered what it might be, but that one hadn't occurred to me - a delightful surprise!

Yes, no one was close with the guesses. I'm not sure if that's bad or good, but oh well.

You're a wonderful writer.

[face_blush] Thanks, and right back at ya'.

Valin: That was great.

Thank you :)

FelsGoddess: Great update.

J&J: I love this. Can't wait for more.

Thank you very much.

Rebel Jedi: New reader #3 of the day :D Welcome!

Awww that was sweet! Great post!

Thank you very much. :)

As for the next update, this weekend really needs to be devoted to GRE studying. We'll shoot for the next update being around Wednesday of next week. Thanks so much to all of you again, you make my day. [:D]

16. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, since everyone seems to be posting in colors, I thought I'd join in.

Yes, the teeth came out as planned yesterday. Yes, the bf did call and joke about my chipmunk cheeks. Yes, I did get some written. And yes, to my everlasting shame, I'm glad you had another beta. :p I can't say my grammar would have been any more lucid than the rest of me.

So let us give thanks to the gods for many things: shrimp ramen, kiwi-strawberry snapple, warm fruit smoothies, ice packs, and great 'fics to read. :)

So as long as you can keep the reader in me satisfied, I can take care of the rest. :p

Great postie! I loved the entire dialogue and interaction. It fit well. Poor Jag. He sounds exhausted! *pats character on the head and points to squishy couch*

Can't wait for more. But you're right. The GRE comes first. :)

~*~Austyn

17. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Austyn: Yes, the teeth came out as planned yesterday. Yes, the bf did call and joke about my chipmunk cheeks. Yes, I did get some written. And yes, to my everlasting shame, I'm glad you had another beta. I can't say my grammar would have been any more lucid than the rest of me.

Glad to hear you're recovering well. And it's ok to admit you needed a break for the day. Promise the next beta is all yours. :)

So let us give thanks to the gods for many things: shrimp ramen, kiwi-strawberry snapple, warm fruit smoothies, ice packs, and great 'fics to read.

Sounds like quite the combination.

Great postie! I loved the entire dialogue and interaction. It fit well. Poor Jag. He sounds exhausted! *pats character on the head and points to squishy couch*

Glad you liked it. :D

Can't wait for more. But you're right. The GRE comes first.

I'm promise to get it off to you as soon as its written, and thanks for being a good Master and telling me to study.

18. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    ?You haven?t seen or talked to me in two years and you come all the way from? wherever to sleep on my couch and grunt at me??

?No? he said closing his eyes again, ?but I am failing my mission.?

?What mission??

?To win you back.?

?I?m a mission to you now?? she said with slight anger entering her voice. Then she remembered whom she was talking to. This was how he thought and lived. ?I don?t know if I should be flattered or insulted,? she said, this time with mock anger in her voice

Heehee! [face_laugh]

That was really sweet, BF. [face_love]

They're finally together after all this time and they're both too tired to do anything about it. :p

I was expecting heavy duty mush, you know. [face_not_talking] :p [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more! There'd better be mush next time, and lots of it. [face_mischief] [face_batting]

[:D]

19. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Red: That was really sweet, BF.

Can't wait for more! There'd better be mush next time, and lots of it.

Sorry if I let you down. I'll try to do better next time.

20. Sea_of_Jade

Sea_of_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Love it!

Very realistic way of looking at those two. Poor Jaina...what a rip-off of a reunion! Her man comes back after two years...and falls asleep. Were it me, I'd either hit him or kiss him. Maybe both... All in all, wonderful read.

Put me on that PM list!

21. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Hi! New reader alert!

This story is so sweet! I love it. Can't wait for more. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could I have a PM when the next post is up?

Guenevere

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Sea of Jade: A new reader! [:D] Welcome to the thread.

Love it!

Very realistic way of looking at those two. Poor Jaina...what a rip-off of a reunion! Her man comes back after two years...and falls asleep. Were it me, I'd either hit him or kiss him. Maybe both... All in all, wonderful read.

No worries, there will be romantic things coming. They're both exhausted, but glad you're liking it.

Put me on that PM list!

You got it.

Guenevere: Yet another new reader. [:D] A big welcome to you, as well.

This story is so sweet! I love it. Can't wait for more.

Thank you very much :)

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could I have a PM when the next post is up?

No trouble at all, ask and you shall receive.

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Just catching up BF and I have to say: I loved it!

I had to read both posts the same day but whipped down to the second just to see what those four words were.

Jaina?

Turn around.

--Jag

I sooooo loved it.

I do hope there's more. [face_praying]

24. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Lola: I sooooo loved it.

Thank you very much :D

I do hope there's more.

There will be. I'm hoping to start working on it today.

Have a good Monday morning.

25. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Sorry it took so long. My internet was being screwy! I never knew how much I loved my internet!! It was only gone for a couple of days and already I was going through withdrawal! 8-}

I loved the post!! Can't wait for more. Those 4 words never even popped into my mind! Which is good cause if they had I would be severely creeped out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.