main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(FIXED) The C3 video project sneak preview clip

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Captain_Typho, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well everyone, I am pleased to announce that this little problem with the sneak preview video has been fixed. Here are the links. BTW, these are downloadable versions of the files.

High Version 21.4 MB

Medium Version 8.5 MB

Low Version 4.4 MB

also, plz remember:

* Currently the videos are quicktime streaming. I will have quicktime downloadable files available soon.

* This is a very rough edit of what the final product will look like. These picture and video clips are subject to being moved around and changed, especially once new footage comes in from you guys.

* apologies for the black borders around the video. Something screwed up and I'll have to go in and fix it later.

* Jcers WILL play a large role in the final video. Don't get worried or discouraged because you don't see yourself in the sneak preview. Not one Jcer who has posted a photo or video of themselves will be left behind.

* I need your help! Please please please submit your video materials to the address shown at the end of the video! I am more than happy to accept video files over aim as well and will also be more than happy to exchange my footage with people who give me theirs!

* Please give honest feedback on my editing and the video in general. It will help me to improve it.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It looks really good Typho!

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I like what I am seeing so far. Nice mix of stills, video, music, and clips from the films (love the DooKu bit).

I don't have AIM, is it possible you could accept jpgs from email?

4. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Basically if you have posted pictures from C3 online here at the boards, they're subject to being used in the video. Haven't you posted your pictures in the C3 pictures thread Go-Mer-Tonic?

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Yeah, okay I just wanted to make sure you guys got a hold of them. I would love to see that one shot of myself in front of the Falcon (the first pic in my album), but feel free to use any and all of them.

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    looks great so far captain_typho! i look forward to seeing the finished product. ^_^

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Typho, that brought a tear to my eye, it was so beautiful. :_|

8. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    What editing software are you using for this?

-- Rusty

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    That looks fantastic. I cannot wait to see the entire thing.

10. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Good work...one question?
    Where'd you get the ROTS footage??

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccceeee. :D

I haven't forgotten about my video, just work & regular life caught up with me before I could finish what I started, but I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

12. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm using Final Cut Pro Professional Edition. It lets me do a lot of cool things. Just the other day I edited together something that had two copies of the same person (shot seperately) merged together to look like they're in the same scene. Unfortunately, this project probably won't reach completion until the fall because I leave university for the summer. :( I wanted to try and get it done before then but it is just unfeasable.

13. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    "Good work...one question?
    Where'd you get the ROTS footage??"

That's my little secret. ;)

Actually, they are brief snippets from some DVD clips that appear on the new trivial pursuit game.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  15. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Video looks great!

16. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    ok guys, here's the deal......

I will be leaving school on Thursday and unable to return and work on the project until Aug 10th. In the interest of making this video as current as possible, I will try to have a rough draft of the whole thing completed and online by Thursday. This in no way means that those of you who have submitted or plan to submit video footage should not do so. What will appear online Thursday will be a rough draft of the project with the materials I have available to me. I MAY have some footage come in to me by Thurs. I know one person has already shipped theirs. As much as I would love to wait to have everyone's footage, I feel that by August, C3 and ROTS will be such a distant memory that the video would not have the same impact as it would now. Do not worry! The final (director's cut) version will be up in August and I will be shipping it out on DVD to those interested. Please keep mailing your materials to the address shown at the end of the sneak preview clip!

17. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    i'm upping this one last time before summer break. I was not able to get the rest of it finished like I wanted to. I've been caught up in final exams and trying to get the hell out of college by tomorrow afternoon. This means that the full version will not be done until august. It may also include some coverage from the premiere of rots. Keep sending in those videos. I've had some people who have already mailed me theirs although none of it has arrived yet. Everyone enjoy ROTS and have a great summer.

18. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Surprisingly good. You're getting this from a person who majored long ago in Telecommunications: TV?FIlm?Radio Production.
    As for any photos or video clips of me, mmmmmm. . .doubt see me in it. Not unless you caught me dancing in Tukan costume at Celebration at CIII or so forth. I have pics, maybe one day I'll get them up on my website.
    But the bit of film came out well done. Cpied andpasted links to send to some of my friends who weren't at CIII, including one who does videos, etc... for a living.
    JMD

19. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Nice work! I use Final Cut Pro a lot too. :)

20. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    AHhhh! I'm in the video (with David Barclay and Mike Quinn)! Sweet, I am famous!

It looks great Typho. You did an incredible job. I can't wait for the full version!

21. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I was in the video too..... awesome. Can I HAVE A COPY OF THAT ON DVD WHEN IT'S DONE ?

I miss being at c3. It was so great being surrounded by all the Star Wars fans. *sigh*

22. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Looked really good. I look forward to the finished product! Good luck with finals and summer school! May the Force guide you to all the correct answers on all your exams...

23. Master_Devwi

Master_Devwi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2004
    Wow! Great job Captain_Typho!

> The final (director's cut) version will be up in August and I will be shipping it out on DVD to those interested.

Sure! I'd be interested!

24. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Too awesome!!

Makes me want to drive back to Indy just to be all geeky-nostaligic like.

25. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v190/CodeDrifter/Celebration%203/

(not sure how to do links)

here's some pics if you want to use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.