main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fixing the Broken Places - L/M One Shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 6, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota -- Disclaimer, Borrowing with Love.

AN: Luke gives Mara a special betrothal gift.

Based on the gorgeous Japanese art form of Kintsugi, fixing something broken by putting the pieces back together with gold lacquer. :cool: !!!!!

~~

It was an intricate piece of art work. Mara held it, and admired the lattice work of swirls and whirls of prismatic colors with a golden tone.

Mara had always loved art pieces; she'd had to know about such things as the Emperor's Hand and as a purveyor of fine things while working with Talon Karrde.

Luke smiled at her pleasure. "When I saw it, I thought of you. It's a unique kind of art, where pottery shards are put back together and covered with gold sheathing."

Mara gasped, her jade eyes widening. There had been so many years when she herself had felt broken, but Luke had never seen her that way, even when she'd hated him with every fiber of her being! His compassion and respect had soothed away her rough edges and opened her up to trust, even if reluctantly.

"Skywalker, you seem to always know how to get next to me." She snarked, her voice full of laughing admiration.

"Hey," Luke said, borrowing his brother-in-law's classic comeback, "It's me."

Mara leaned in for a long kiss. Yes, it most certainly was...

++++

[face_love]

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I love this so much. [face_love]

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Awww!!!!! <3

4. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
  5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Such a sweet moment between them. And what a really meaningful gift. The broken places become more beautiful because they show the strength it takes to stay together rather than shattering. How appropriate not only for her own personal journey but for their relationship as well! [face_love]

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You write Mara & Luke scenes with such an ease & sweetness. [face_love]

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So sweet! And so emblematic of what that two of them can be, and have been, for each other throughout the time they've known each other. [face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Nicely done, Nyota! I think Luke would be an excellent gift giver in general. As brash as he was a young man I can see peace of the Force allowing him to see what others need or want. Especially for his love. [face_love]

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I just adored this! There was such a beautiful symbolism in Luke's gift for both Mara's personal journey as an individual, and the foundation of their relationship together - I just adore the philosophy behind Kintsugi - that really made his gesture all the more touching. I also loved the note about Mara still being a purveyor of fine things. It's something from her time as the Emperor's Hand that she's kept and made for herself; I thought that was an excellent point of characterization. Of course Luke would know that, and know just what to get from there. [face_love]

Lovely, lovely work! [face_love] =D= [:D]

10. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Sweet moment! [face_love] Loved it!
    [face_laugh] Oh Luke has been hanging out with Han way too much! [face_laugh]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks everyone!!! I adore the imagery of the pottery and do agree that it symbolizes Mara fabulously and their relationship. [face_love]