main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Flashbacks! and new things...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by td741, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Some of you might know of it's existence, but someone sent me the link to Rubik's online store: http://www.hessport.com/Rubik/rubiks_index.html

They sell the "Darth Maul Rubiks Cube": http://www.hessport.com/Rubik/cgi-local/shop_new.cgi/SID=979252969.15278.r/page=darthmaul.html for 14.99$ US.

If you make an online purchase of over 30$, they throw in a free Darth Maul Rubik's Cube.

Being flooded with childhood memories, I just went nuts and bought a whole bunch of Rubik's stuff. ;) So I'm anxiously awaiting my: Rubik's Revenge, Rubik's Snake keychain, Rubik's Magic, Rubik's SHells, Rubik's Rings, Rubik's Triamid, Rubik's Bricks and my free Rubik's Darth Maul. :)

Hmm... Next costume idea? :)

Anyway, I'll probably drag my Rubik's Darth Maul with me at the next SW gathering I can attend when I'm in the GTA. ;)

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Stephane,

How are you doing. I am finally back once
    again after digging myself out of all those
    boxes. When will you be back in town ???

3. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh man I wish I had known this too. I had one you could play with if you haven't already bought it. It was given to Tragic and I as a housewaming gift by the same evil person who gave us the Jar Jar board game. They are available locally.

PS they come with a cheat sheet. After all if your gonna cheat it should be cheating Darth Maul....

4. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Oh *man*, Steph. It's not enough you went nuts getting new toys, you gotta infect everyone else as well? ;)

A Rubiks Darth Maul...hmmm...that's one face I wouldn't want to put back right. ;) <insert Steph's invitation to join the Dark Side here> :p

Hey Mike! Glad to have you back!

5. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks for the offer to playing with your Rubik's Maul. I didn't buy the Darth Maul, I just ordered alot of the other junk, and enough to get a free Darth Maul Rubiks. ;P

Though had I been smarter, I might have just put in two orders and get two free Darth Rubiks... But since my significant other didn't want one, I didn't bother with the extra shipping charges. :p

6. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Well, you could have gotten an extra one in case you lost the first one or forgot where you left it....;P

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Fighting already !!!
    By the way,

Can someone grab one of these Mauls for me...

Please...

8. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    Crazy Mike: Nah... Not fighting... Just suggesting stuff while teasing. :p

Shmi: Err... Where are the cubes available locally and how much? If it's not worth it, then I'll probably just put in another order with Rubik.

9. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Fighting? Whoz fighting? We play like this all the time. ;D

10. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    'sides, she knows me too well. I "misplace" a lot of items. :)

11. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Yeah, wait and see, one of these days, he'll lose that Rubiks cube and find it later sitting on top of his head... *cheeky grin*

12. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll ask on Fan day where they are available. It was given to us as a housewarming gift.

13. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    I got my Rubiks shipment... Woohoo. :) I might order more stuff so Mike, if I get a free Darthy cube we can talk. (Unless you find one in toronto?)

14. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Wanna tell 'em what happened while you were engrossed with the Rubiks cube on the bus this morning? :)

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hmmm...

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sounds like that there is more here than we want to know...

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    TK421 why are you not at your post.

18. avatar

May 27, 1999
  19. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    Whaaaaaat? I wasn't even playing with a cube. I finally figured out a pattern to get somewhere with "rubik's rings" when I realized that I missed my bus stop. ;)

20. avatar

May 27, 1999
    *goofy look* That's my trooper for ya... ;)

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    So when are you folks going to be in town ???

22. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmmm... doesn't look good... well to start we have a Vader that doesn't know where he is, a scout trooper (me) that gets lost easily, and a royal guard that is mostly invisible.

*sigh* so now we have a Garrison commander that misses his stops.

aaahhh!!! Jedi mind trick!!!!! Av's been waving her hand around Steph quite a bit lately. :p

did I miss anyone? :p

23. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Mike, we'll bug you next time the Rubiks-obsessed garrison commander is in town. ;)

And no, SLam, there wasn't a need for Jedi mind tricks. You guys were naturally goofed up in the first place. :D So you admit you *do* get lost? ;)

Rubiks should start paying Steph for promoting their products though...;)

24. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    WATCH OUT... that hand is waving around! :p

I just said "lost" to keep the sentence short. Yeah, that's it... I know exactly where I am at all times, and sometimes it isn't where I want to be.

25. td741

Nov 30, 2000
    I missed my bus stop ONCE!... Sheesh... In the grand scheme of things, and the amount of times that I *do* take the bus, that's pretty good. :)

And yes, Slam does know where he is and going. Just not sure about direction sometimes. ;)

Err, those of you who weren't with our little group at SFX, well what happened is that our Vader lead our group to believe that we were parking at the lot in front of the convention center. In fact, we were about 10 to 15 minutes AWAY from the convention center.

We managed to get to the center, only after being stopped at every 5 steps for pictures (well, not everyday you see biker scouts and vader walking in downtown Toronto it seems). Anyway, once we got at the end of the convention, we spent another half hour trying to remember not only where we parked, but which building were we parked under. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.