main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I mean pre Disney stuff. Like this AOTC teaser from way back when

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oooooooh lol...Man that's funny.

Bet it was harder being a leaker back then though, from what people tell me they were pretty open about showing things and production. Though i also know people thought Palpatine and Sidious were separate people for a while so I'm sure there must have been some good "twins" or "Clones" situation,

vncredleader likes this.
  3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I feel like the rumor-to-reality ratio is basically unchanged, but the underlying factors are totally different - with the PT, there was much less official concern about keeping things secret, but the internet remained in a sufficiently formative stage that it was still pretty easy to just make up total nonsense and get away with it (helllllooo, Supershadow). Now it's much easier to compare rumors to purported leaks and so forth, but Abrams and his anti-spoiler fanaticism means that there's less information to begin with.

...what does this have to do with the Fleet Junkie thread, though?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    vncredleader likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Eckhardsladder did a good video on the topic

and to steer the thread back he also did a good video about the Eclipse

King of Alsakan and vncredleader like this.
  5. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah we had been discussing that earlier.

Back to the ST fighter's topic, I kinda wish they had done what the PT did and just have a non-letter shaped ship. I think some of the hesitance when it came to going for something like the J-wing was that introducing a new design like that as the standard fighter would be risking if it felt too forces. This made the U-wing work cause it was prominent, but they did not have to be stuck with it if people disliked it. The letter thing can be a little hard to get behind at first, whereas I think people are more accepting of something like the N-1 or ARC as the new standard vessel.

Vthuil and Long Snoot like this.
  6. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    My biggest question regarding IX is whether the New Republic remnants appear in some form. The fleet destroyed over Hosnian was one fleet, and even with the planetary security forces it makes sense for an intergalactic government to employ a few expeditionary fleets to keep order. The sensible way to expand on this would be a Resistance consisting mostly of older vessels, with some of the better-funded PSFs and NRDF expeditionary fleets contributing a small number of very modern ships. I can also see industrial powerhouses like Mon Cala possessing a contingency fleet of their latest creations, or cranking out new ships based on existing schematics.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    The artwork in the poster however has never been seen before, yet it matches the leaks, and at angles it would be impossible to fake so convincingly.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Resistance Intersystem Transport and TIE Echelon from Rise of the Resistance. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  9. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    That TIE echelon is the first First Order design I find that I really enjoy. I wonder if the design team for the Galaxy's Edge ships includes the Disney "imagineers".

10. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Seems to reuse the cockpit of the Zeta-class cargo shuttle.

11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    That's the First Order for you. Don't forget they're obsessive Imperial fanboys (hmmm... sounds familiar).

vncredleader likes this.
  12. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    My opinion hasn't really changed since the leak, it feels like a much more underwhelming version of the imperial-age Reaper.
    Also, it seems like the Acclamator is making a return for the new Fallen Order videogame.

13. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    New capital ship. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Senator Wan and vncredleader like this.
  14. VitorPraza

VitorPraza Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2017
    i think it is Battle of Jakky flashback telling us about Rey`s Legasy. And that is imperial class star destroyer))

15. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    New TIE design, shares wing design with the TIE Silencer but features a modified TIE/sf cockpit (with an identical turret underneath). It also sports special forces markings.

16. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Red markings indicate NRDF allegiance, so it's probably not a flashback. I'd have loved for that to be a new ship... pretty disappointed tbh.

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

17. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Trailer wants us to think that is Ren flying the Silencer-esque TIE, but I'm gonna say right now I believe it isn't.

Probably wrong, LIKE USUAL.

Long Snoot likes this.
  18. DB 2310

DB 2310 Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2018
    It appears to have red markings so NR/Resistance and it looks star destroyer-esque, it reminds me of the Nebula. A Starhawk maybe.

Senator Wan and vncredleader like this.
  19. VitorPraza

Jan 29, 2017
    whell i crearly see Star Destroyer shape, maybe it is new republic capture one of those??I think it is Jakku because of same atmosphere, colors and period of day we see in Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaing in cut scene

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  20. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    It's an ISD-I. I also thought it was a Nebula until noticing the trademark bridge tower.

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

21. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    Aren't those blue markings in the new canon?

Snafu55 likes this.
  22. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    edit: nevermind I see it now. Man that is a bit saddening

23. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    That's a Resistance A-Wing though.

And that appears to be an Imperial-I Class star destroyer.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. VitorPraza

Jan 29, 2017
    sooo a new desert planet orbital space battle??))definetely want to see

25. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    My primary concern is the entire Resistance fleet consisting of old ships, if this is indeed a present-day battle. IX is a multi-million dollar climax of the Skywalker Saga, and new capital ships should technically be a foregone conclusion, but with JJ and Disney's history of adamantly refusing to showcase the NRDF fleet I'm not so sure... I just hope they've pulled a TLJ and already cooked up loads of new MC cruisers, Starhawks and the like behind the scenes. Guess we'll find out another 6 months or so later.:( ...or possibly tomorrow with the Galaxy's Edge panel.