main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. VitorPraza

VitorPraza Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2017
    Agreed.So i`d better draw some of that ships , cause i can`t wait for so long)))

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It is a Venator in the poster if that is what you are referring to.

3. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    That is an ISD-I in the trailer. Watch carefully.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A layman question: what do you call the main window of the cockpit/bridge of a spaceship?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Viewpprt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    I think you are right, it seems like the other bridge had been destroyed in the crash.

7. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Venator scrapyard on Baraka, plus a new hero ship. The aesthetic in this game looks top-notch. Not that it's a surprise with Doug Chiang involved lol.

BTW that hero ship reminds me of a scaled down, squared up MC75 cruiser. Anyone else see the resemblance?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    I'm really glad that they brought back those giant "flying cranes" we first saw building ISDs on Corellia.
    EDIT: also, it looks like we are getting new "laser cutters" flying around and disassembling Venators. I even tought it was a TIE Lancer at first.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    DaddlerTheDalek, Pons and JediBatman like this.
  9. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    A starfighter and the Razorcrest(Mando's ship) shown during the Mandalorian panel. Judging from the X-wing, the third pic is probably some New Republic base; there's also appears to be a new capital ship, circled in red. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  10. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    Could that new ship in the third picture be the same ship from the IX trailer?

11. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    If you're referring to the one in the A-wing scene, that's an Imp 1. Mando ship looks more akin to this mystery capital over Hosnian...[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  12. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    The Razor Crest looks a bit like a LAAT/i, without the wings but with larger engines instead.

13. VitorPraza

Jan 29, 2017
    i think that is some kind of a small ship, fighter-sized

Sly442 likes this.
  14. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet but here is the table of contents for the upcoming TIE Fighter: Owner's Workshop Manual. Looks like we will finally get a good look at the TIE boarding craft and TIE command shuttle.
    [​IMG]

NCISliar, chris1982, MrDarth0 and 4 others like this.
  15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    So random that they put the Gozanti in there. I mean, I get it, they hold TIEs, but so does basically every Imperial capital ship.

I'm really looking forward to this, though.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Adding that to my "Need to buy" list.

17. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    This mystery NRDF capital has previously been identified as a Nebula, but I'm more inclined to think it's a reused Legends MC90. Both ships have the same triangular silhouette broken up by small blisters, especially when observed at an angle. It honestly looks as if the VFX folks cropped out the top MC90, darkened it and then flipped it over to create the one on the bottom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  18. VitorPraza

Jan 29, 2017
    i wish it was true.I`m a huuge fan of mc90. Definetly gonna draw one of those))

19. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    There are some more pics up in the amazon preview: Star Wars TIE Fighter Manual

And I have to say the TIE Prototype is pretty boring to look at. [face_plain]

But there is this interesting tidbit in the TIE silencer entry:
    "For the prototype, Sienar-Jaemus designers took inspiration from the reinforced aft of the Imperial TIE Advanced x1, the “bent” dagger-shaped wings of the TIE Infiltrator, and the hyprid fighter-bomber aspects of the TIE Defender"

First of all the TIE Infiltrator has already been mentioned in Raith Sienars entry in Ryder Windhams legends book Death Star Owner's Technical Manual. But yeah, that's pretty much all there is to the craft.

However we could work with this seemingly new information. As we all know that while there have been quite a few TIEs with wings like those described, all of them have previously been identified.

Which kind of leaves two options:
    1. That weird TIE that major Grode was flying in X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Rebel Opposition. Which of course is propably just a heavily modified version of the TIE Interceptor.

2. That weird TIE from the second Force Unleashed comic. Of course the wings are bent outwards and it might just be a souped up heavy TIE Bomber. But it kind of fits the bill and even the name is somewhat fitting for it's supposed purpose.

But of course that might be nothing but wishful thinking. Especially when you consider the canon/legends split.

Also is this the first time the TIE Silencer has been identified as the TIE Vendetta? Sounds like an obvious TIE Avenger reference to me.

20. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    The art on the left seems to be inspired by this test model
    [​IMG]

As for the prototype on the right side of the page, it seems to take some inspiration from the Ralph McQuarrie concept art
    Look at the centre of the cockpit window
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wonder if that it was its name during the film's production, since TIE/vn had been part of the name since it was first revealed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    NCISliar and MrDarth0 like this.
  21. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    I really like what has been shown so far, although I wish the First Order section wasn't lacking the "Vonreg TIE" and the new TIE-Bomber seen as a hologram in VIII. I really hope that the TIE/sh will finally feature its outward bending wings in an official reference book.
    I would love to see more books of this kind in the future, like one for Star Destroyers or walkers.
    EDIT: I just noticed the book mentions that Kylo's reports on the TIE Silencer will soon allow Sienar-Jaemus to mass produce the ship for the Navy. Perhaps a nod to the new variant seen in IX? Also apparently there's a similar book coming out in October regarding rebel starfighters.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  22. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I think they have made a mistake and its supposed to be TIE Interceptor rather than TIE Infiltrator, given the description.

Regarding the Resistance Season 2 poster

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Poster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190417072310
    If you zoom in and have a look there seems to be a depiction of the FO bomber/boarding craft, which basically seems like the TIE Bomber with inverted wings and the FO TIE colour scheme.

23. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Ah so Pablo actually confirmed this on twitter back in 2017. Vendetta was the name during the films development before they witched to 'Silencer'.

So that paragraph basically took what happened during the film's production and applied it 'in universe'. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    vncredleader likes this.
  24. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    [​IMG] Among the many pins and patches to be sold at Resistance Supply, there’s a Republic Navy patch with the name “Rescue”. Could that be some sort of special squadron?

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    No, it is a reference to Kaz's squadron from the first episode of Resistance. New Republic T-8 X-wings, or at least those from Kaz's unit, had the word "RESCUE" on their fuselage.

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader and Senator Wan like this.