main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It might be smaller than a Victory-class by volume, but it's a Large Base ship, so is probably slightly longer.

2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Length-wise, how are we looking at both ships?

3. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I'm not so sure where the Victory comparisons are coming from... There's zero information on the Onager's size as of now, and the only image of the two together has some skewed perspective.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Long Snoot likes this.
  4. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    The "smaller than a Victory" statement might have too bold given the unclear perspective (which looking at it again also makes the Onager appear proportionally shorter than it actually is), but the background Victories' blurriness makes me think they are not meant to be very close.
    My personal wild estimates are somewhere between 700 and 1300 meters, most definitively not ISD size.
    EDIT: are Armada ships usually scaled with each other?

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Some are, but not all. Mostly the bigger ships - ISD is roughly to scale with Victory, Interdictor Star Destroyer, and with winged MC80.

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    There are shield generators on the Onager you could use for scale, but those can vary in scale.

7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Incursor class cruiser added to my head canon.

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Can't remember if this one has been posted. yet...

[​IMG]

===================

Adding this...is that supposed to be a hanger on the side of the Assault Frigate?

[​IMG]

9. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    The "rebel starfighter's owner workshop manual" has finally been listed on Amazon, and will come out on November.
    The page count is (understandably) a bit lower than the TIE manual, and the book will include both rebel and resistance variants (plus New Republic if it includes the T-85).

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  10. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    This??

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Long Snoot likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes I think so. It's a mod for a non-Star Wars video game. I suspect that large ships really need hangers in that game so the modder has created one for their AF mkII. Looks pretty good. It does say in Wookieepedia that the mkii could be modified (MkII can have expanded hanger bay card in SW:Armada also).

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I posted this in the FFG thread, but it's great for a comparison of the MC85, ISD, and Starhawk. The assumption (made by Ben Hower on Twitter) is that the sensor/shield domes on the Starhawk are identical in size to the ISD's:

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So a little longer and 2-2.5 times the mass of an ISD? I find it difficult to believe that the fledgling NR was using SD scraps to build something that big.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    As of Jakku, only three had been built. Only one survived the battle, with the Amity being destroyed in a suicide attack and the Concord going down with the Ravager. I suspect that there were more under construction, but given the NR's push for demilitarization, I suspect that the actual number of Starhawks and MC85's that made it into service was relatively small. Not hundreds or thousands, but probably a few dozen of them.

--Adm. Nick

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I don't see why not. The galaxy has the industrial base to build 25,000 star destroyers and multiple death stars. It could mass more, but reusing parts from presumably damaged and captured ships makes it even more plausible than building hulls and systems from scratch.

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    But how long does it take to build and SD...and then how long would you then estimate to build a Starhawk that is that much bigger?

17. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Well the Starhawk is using a lot of Star Destroyer parts, so that cuts out a ton of production time. If they started right after Endor completely plausible they could finish one in a year's time. Doubt Star Destroyers took that long to complete. The fact that they're built in space helps a ton. I'd bet Nadiri Dockyards had a lot of experience making Star Destroyers too, and I doubt the Empire was super lax with their timetables.

18. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Has this already been posted?
    [​IMG]

back facing hangers...

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is it just me or does that picture make it look like it's trying to be the Terran battlecruiser from Starcraft 2?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Nothing major but like an expansion on FFGs website talks about the Raider corvette and says that the First Order still uses them. Has that been referenced before?

Long Snoot likes this.
  21. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    This might shed some light....but I think the ISD production schedule is half the stated time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope they didn't scrap good conditioned captured Star Destroyers to make these starhawks.

seeker_two and Fire Dog like this.
  23. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I was paging through my copy of Lando Calrissian Adventures, and I noticed that one of the Imperial cruisers blockading the ThonBoka Nebula was named... the Reluctant. That has to be one of the strangest names for a warship. [face_laugh] And one more reason for me to love this trilogy.

24. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I still love the ISD Badi Dea from the original X-Wing

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If there's 25,000 ISDs in the galaxy, is it really possible for them all to have unique names?

Snafu55 and MercenaryAce like this.