main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Where are the VD leaks!

2. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    All the ships shown clearly are reused. There are some new cap ships in the big Resistance fleet, but they're shown too briefly and are too far away to actually discern specifics. That's where the VD comes in.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Well, it wasn't there in Rogue One, probably because it was going to be destroyed in Season 3 of Rebels. Maybe the artists didn't know about the 'Phantom II'?

Why it doesn't have the 'Phantom II', here. I don't know. The artists didn't think of it?

I mean, even if we did have any, we wouldn't be allowed to post them, not until the book officially releases tomorrow.

Some of you probably know this already, but the Outland TIE is based off TFA Concept art

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Daneira likes this.
  4. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
  5. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't think it needed to be fixed, but I do like the changes he made.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm for a fanfic looking for a space-station model that is from the old Republic era and is at least of town size. Do people know of any?

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That is my feelings on both designs as well.

(I also can't help but think that Blue Ace from resistance is already a nifty combination of car and star wars fighter, but I love any excuse to check out new designs.)

That big city station from Kotor 2 - Citadel Station I believe.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That seems to be a unique space-station, I'm more looking for something a bit more "made in multiply examples", so you can refer to it by type/number.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ah, I see.

Well, SWTOR has a space station design that pops up everywhere. That might have a class name.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I see Lamborghini Hurácan nose meets f-117 Nighthawk nose. Looks a bit like a viper's head also.

11. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Eh, I prefer the original. Star Wars designs shouldn't stick to the worn OT era look. George made a point that while technology may have stayed on a similar level, aesthetics advanced with the time. The Sequels should've had a mix of 'modern' and original era technology, kind of like Legends, although being fair, Legends had its own issues as well. Like the Galactic Alliance still rolling in ISDs when Nebula Star Destroyers exist.

Gamiel, Pons and Chris0013 like this.
  12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Agree with both of you on this...

I just don't like the Tri-Wing name...it does not have 3 wings. I know it is supposed to mean something else...I just don't like it.

13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I started watching the video and all I could think was that had he been around and doing this when Ep I came out he would've "fixed" the Naboo Starfighter to make it look more like a Rebel fighter.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    It is a big galaxy with a lot of cultures and manufacturers...everything is not going to fit the same aesthetic.

Havoc123, Gamiel and Tuskin38 like this.
  15. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    He even points that out in the video, which makes this even weirder.

Anyways, the Outlander TIE. I'm not sure how the landing gear fits in there, it feels like they'd be clipping into the cockpit.
    [​IMG]

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    If you remember in Rebels...the TIE cockpit is pretty spacious. They have had multiple people inside one at a time. Just means that the landing gear takes up that space.

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Eh, I much prefer a consistent aesthetic. I mean, here in real life we also have a lot of cultures and manufacturers, but ultimately function prevails and so we have Chinese fighter jets that have a similar look as their Russian and American counterparts.

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am sure aerodynamics and that science nonsense plays a role in fighter jets. But look at cars. A Ford, Chevy, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Peugeot, Mini, etc...have vastly different stylings.

Outsourced and Gamiel like this.
  19. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    Visual dictionary released today!!

Will New Republic fans be happy with the ship descriptions? Will we get a fleet breakdown?? I really hope so.

seeker_two likes this.
  20. Sans_Fi

Sans_Fi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    Something I noticed watching the movie,
    It seems like the unknown ship that looked like a Bunkerbuster from the trailer, was indeed meant to be a variant of the same ship as the Crucible from Clone Wars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [\spoiler]

21. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    Unfortunately VDs usually give very little informations on spaceships, even less so for capital ships. Usually that's where the cross sections book would come in but they've been merged, and in the Rogue One guide this meant we ended up not getting any picture for the majority of the rebel fleet or stuff like the TIE boarding craft. Background vehicles (like the majority of these ships, probably) are also unlikely to receive an entry, and we still lack a good picture for the AT-MA from TFA or the Corellian liners from Solo.
    I can't wait for my VD to arrive but I have the bad feeling we'll be getting very little in terms of fleet stuff.

Snafu55 likes this.
  22. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Visual Dictionary arrived this morning...

To play it incredibly safe in terms of spoilers or leaks, there’s nothing on the Resistance fleet at all, or other major plot points that weren’t already teased or announced.

We do however get confirmation that the Corellian Corvette the Resistance is using is indeed the Tantive IV.

The Sith Star Destroyers are upscaled from ISDs, to around 2400 metres. They are their own distinct class.

Looks like we’ll have to wait a bit longer for details on the fleet make-up.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sith Star Destroyers are upscaled from ISDs, to around 2400 metres. They are their own distinct class.[/quote]

Now that I like.

Daneira likes this.
  24. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Meh, can't say I'm surprised. Also...
    The Sith Fleet SD is apparently called the Xyston-class. My gut tells me they originally had a new design for this thing, which JJ promptly threw down the drain by virtue of it being too creative. Because nostalgia.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Daneira likes this.
  25. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    Are you serious?
    That’s so disappointing. Do we get absolutely ANY information on New republic remnants?

Snafu55 likes this.