main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The miniature CR90 in ROTJ still bothers me. As to the "oversized" bridge, I can't tell the difference except that the lower connector bit is slightly different from a standard ISD, perhaps being the SSD or the unknown class of battlecruiser Ilthmar's Fist and Pride of Tarlandia belongs to.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    the Steadfast is slightly different in design from the other Resurgents. For one it has 2 shield globes instead of a single one.

Actually I think that's about it in differences. The area where the resistance lands probably has some minor differences as it needed to be seen up close.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Snafu55 and JABoomer like this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Keep in mind TROS is a film that has canonical giant oversized ISDs that aren't the same ship with a superlaser modification but in fact significantly larger for some reason.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The novel makes mention of a secret comms room, too. Where Pryde communicates with Exegol. The fleet transmitter was also a modification, as I understand.

JABoomer likes this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I don't get it, why don't they just quickly retcon the Xyston back down to 1,600 meters? Before the new number gets too ingrained in canon?

6. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    I do like that they are bigger ships (due to the cannon).

Within the movie, the Sith fleet is described as the largest the galaxy has ever seen, and that it will increase the First Order's forces 10,000 fold .. and all of those ships are apparently fully crewed, were until recently buried under ice/rock, and can't maneuver "up" within Exegol's atmosphere, lol.

The length of the Xyston-class isn't my biggest issue with it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  7. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010

8. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Bounty Hunters #19
    Now we have an Arquitens variant with a underside ISD style hangar, oh lord
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    JABoomer likes this.
  9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Do we get to argue about he size of that class again???[face_dunno]

Also...can they please start looking at other Imperial ships to put in comics?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Was playing some Star Trek Online, and I saw someone flying around in a droid tri-fighter.

Long Snoot and Sean_Connery like this.
  11. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Disregard.

13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    We need another Essential Guide to Ships and Technology.

After all, the Galaxy fleet from TROS needs more identification and, thanks to EC Henry, there is a greater interest (at least I think so) in the ESB and ROTJ ships. Heck, be nice to see some random info on Airspeeders and Skybuses from the Prequels.

14. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Sadly, not in Canada. Still $20
    I didn't realize there was a kindle edition though, neat.

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Art of Mando Season 2 is out in french already.. I was impatient and got it. [​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So we're at 381 meters now.

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Definitely.

Some designs for just mentioned but unseen ships would be nice as well, especially from the Thrawn books

18. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Any other cool ship images you could share from that book?

19. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    What does the text under the image showing the Shuttle and Fighter bay say?

I'm afraid I wasn't very good at French class.

Edit: I threw it into google translate, it basically says for the final episode they cheated the scale so the shuttle could fit in the hangar for the crash scene.

I’m sure someone who can actually read French could explain it better.

20. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    "We opened [the space] slightly so that the Lambda shuttle could fit in the hangar. In the final version, we cheated so the shuttle could cross it while flying, but we worked it all out on paper, particularly where the hangar is and how the pursuit TIEs are loaded. It's always good to figure out how everything fits together."

Senator Wan, Snafu55 and Tuskin38 like this.
  21. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    So we basically have two different sizes for the Mando Light Cruiser lol. Exterior scale, and shuttle crash scale.

That side shot matches one of the head on shots where you can see a TIE Fighter sitting in the hangar entrance.

I think they'll stick with the 381 length since they admitted the large size in the shuttle crash was a cheat for the shuttle to fit.

22. Grevious_Coward

Grevious_Coward Jedi Knight star 1

May 30, 2020
    Ok, so now there are three different sizes for the Arquitens; 230m, 325m, and now 381m for the Mandalorian one:rolleyes:.

Like the look of the book, so I might get it when it's available here, but in the meantime there are a few interesting things I noticed in those images.
    • The size chart further confirms the size of the CR90 (149.35m), the Gozanti (64m), and possibly includes the first official mention of the size of the Razor Crest (24.38m).
    • One detail I haven't noticed before is that there is a turret on the side of the structure above the hangar entrance, and after looking at a few screencaps it looks like it is visible in show (but is never used).
    • The map of the interior points to two reactors that are never show in the show. I wonder if they originally planned to have the Mandalorian and co sabotage the ships reactors.
    I wonder if they are talking about how the front cutout widens near the hangar entrance or if they are talking about the hangar itself. I also wonder if the originally planned to have the shuttle dock with its head poking into the entrance, as that's what the side image of the hangar seems to imply.

That's an interesting variant. They've completely removed the under structure (and maybe the guns as well) and replaced it with a more Star Destroyer style sloped bottom with a hangar. It also appears to have some additional sensor equipment, as a large dish is visible poking up from the top hull.

Was there anymore pictures of this variant, or was this the only one?

23. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    "the space" could also be translated as "the gap", I would guess that it's the first one.

24. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The artbook also has some nice arts about Slave 1 and its turning mechanism, but I can't post it all as preview. And I think that one was better covered in ILMvfx video anyway.

25. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    We saw Sentinel class shuttles dock to the light Cruisers in Rebels. Though it never showed how they got on and off. It looks like the nose might be inserted into the front it like the Mando art there. Though the Rebels LC model is smaller than Mandos

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022