main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Kenobi Again
    There was a space yacht the same design as one from TLJ

2. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    In today's episode
    you can see the troop lander from Mandalorian and a new type of tiny imperial shuttle in Fortress Inquisitorius.

3. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    You can also see a Zeta-class cargo shuttle taking off in the background during one of the scenes on Mapuzo:

Senator Wan, MercenaryAce and Snafu55 like this.
  4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Deviating from the Kenobi discussion for a bit...

[​IMG]
    What are those T-shaped fighters in the lower right panel? I'm clicking around Wookieepedia and I can't seem to find anything on them.

Chrissonofpear2 and MercenaryAce like this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Last I saw wookieepedia called those "Koros Spaceworks Gunships" though I don't think there was anything more specific than that...and it looks like someone deleted the page. Weird.

Chrissonofpear2 and Alpha-Red like this.
  6. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    I'm assuming there were several dozen at least built, myself, for certain special flotillas. Likely Harrsk's Firestorm was one. Whilst the Ilthmar's Fist and the Shockwave might be one and the same vessel.
    I'd previously viewed the Tarlandia as a Praetor 1, 2 or Bellator, so far, whilst the Ilthmar's Fist might be smaller. I think they are different classes in HandofThrawn45's fanfiction stories, however.
    I also speculated that the Luminous was the Bellator class seen flying in formation with New Republic owned ISDs, behind the Falcon, in one picture from the EGTW.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The more Tector’s (or other SSDs) we have off screen the stranger the lack of them on-screen feels.

Paired short-run designs around the Immobiliser, VSD, ISD, and Executor just seems to follow what we see on-screen, save for where we were specifically told there were more than two (Mandator’s, Onager’s, Vengeance’s, Allegiance’s).

Otherwise the Eclipse’s, Praetor I, II, Assertor, and Maelstrom-class were paired designs as far as I can tell.

I was all for the Shockwave being an ASSD but apparently it is an ISD in length. Suped up, mainly.

I’d love to be able to make the second Bellator, save for the name-sake.

Vialco, Grevious_Coward and Alpha-Red like this.
  8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Might be old info, but Pablo posted the exact CGI dimensions of the Venator, both the ILM dimensions and the Clone Wars dimensions

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Grevious_Coward likes this.
  9. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    Reminds me of these beauties:
    [​IMG]

10. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm seriously confused. I'm clicking around all these other related articles on Wookieepedia, like "Second battle of Korriban", "Koros fleet", "Tetan starship classes", expecting to find some mention of this ship, a link to its page, or a picture...but there's nothing. It's like someone went through and tried to scrub it out of existence.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Doesn't hurt to add them back, so long as you source it :)

12. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Creating an article from scratch is so much work though. I don't know know how other editors find the time for it...

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. Grevious_Coward

Grevious_Coward Jedi Knight star 1

May 30, 2020
    I think Tectors work reasonable well with on-screen visuals, as at a distance, or certain angles, they are likely indistinguishable from a normal ISD.
    But I do agree that having other SSDs listed off-screen, just doesn't feel right from what we see on-screen; especially with things like the Battle of Endor, where we get a good view of the Imperial fleet.
    This is especially the case with the Pride of Tarlandia, where, based on the movie, it makes more sense it being a modified or slightly larger ISD design, than one of the many SSD designs - at most I could believe it being a modified Allegiance, just because its shape is similar to an ISD, which could work with the distance Imperial fleet shots.

Interesting. This makes the movie Venator 200m longer than the listed canon length, which means the internal hangar has an additional 100+ metres in length to play with, making it easier to fit its listed complement inside. It also means that the external hangar may be large enough to have a Consular-class docked in it - a quick measurement put the external bay length around120m, compared to around 100m bay for the ship's canon length.

CaptainPeabody, JABoomer and Tuskin38 like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I definitely agree that the larger Destroyers at Endor were Allegiance-class. Visually I can't see us mistaking that there was a Praetor II present.

The Allegiance-class being produced in at least some numbers follows what the Dark Empire turned up with, and I'm fairly content that the battlecruisers used by Kuat were ASSDs too... if only because a smaller battlecruiser seems more likely to have been disabled by ion torpedoes than a larger...

Grevious_Coward likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, I feel exactly the same way. There are a lot of articles I want to make, but the thought of actually sitting down and making them and working through everything I need to do in order to do that is...well, I am admiring of those willing and able to do it.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Got some nice ships action in the latest Obi Wan Kenobi...
    T-47s, what looks like a live action Pelta, better angles of an Imperial light shuttle.

17. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    It's much easier if you can find an article similar to what you want to use as a template, I find it really helps with keeping track of infoboxes, headings, categories, and all that.

Alpha-Red and MercenaryAce like this.
  18. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    True. I think is how I did the few articles I made during my brief stint as a wook editor a while back.

19. Grevious_Coward

May 30, 2020
    Looks like we have another new ship in Kenobi
    The ship at the end of the episode appears to be a new (at least to me) Corellian design. It appears to be around 40m long, based of the T-47.
    [​IMG]

seeker_two and Snafu55 like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Isn't that a Pelta-class?

21. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems like a predecessor of Xi-class.

22. Grevious_Coward

May 30, 2020
    Its design is similar to a Pelta class, but its details don't quite match and it is way to small to be one - The Pelta class is listed at 282m and is larger than a CR90 (based on its appearance in rebels), while the Kenobi ship appears to be closer to 40m.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Maybe a Tribune-class shuttle? Not sure if it fits the dimensions though...and doubt anyone associated with the show even knows about it.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tribune-class_shuttle

24. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Are the only hangar bays on an ISD the big one on the bottom, or are there dorsal bays like on a Venator?

25. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    There are 2 hanger accesses on the bottom of the ISD. The large open one and the smaller one in front of it.
    [​IMG]

seeker_two and JABoomer like this.