main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The Corsair rocks...I could see if they used the general layout of it. Wings forward, middle cockpit...replace the tail with a cluster of 3 engines...2 on the bottom one on top in a triangular pattern. The only thing I see on the Fireball that comes from the Corsair is the bent wings.

It is what it is....Starfighter design appeal is subjective. Make a list of 100 fighters in star wars and no 2 likes/dislikes check off will be the same.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It doesn't look much like a headhunter to me. I see it as a canon equivalent of an X-Ugly.

3. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    On a different note I am excited for the new Alphabet Squadron book as ridiculous as that name sounds it should give us some good info on the New Republic and their ships, as well as what happened to the rest of the Imperial Starfleet, as it is set after Return of the Jedi and is about a squadron that is hunting down Imperials.

4. Greybook

Greybook Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2018
    Apparently named as such because they each fly a different letter Fighter: A, B, U, X and Y. [​IMG]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Fire Dog likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Could be.

Though every other fighter in the show so far has been a custom build, so I am guessing the Fireball is too.

(Kind of shame really - means this show is filled with cool starfighter designs that can't be used elsewhere)

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The Fireball looks to be a heavily modified X-wing, at least the main fuselage.

--Adm. Nick

7. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    I really like the new TIE design, it makes me wish they'd given the TIE/sf something to make it stand out. What I do not like is the fact that it reuses the TIE/v1's wing pilons, I don't think they really go well with the rest of the aesthetic.

Snafu55 likes this.
  8. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    I think the best part of seeing the T-85's was finally seeing some cooperation between Republic Command and the resistance. To me, it shows that the NR military at least took the threat of the first order seriously...seriously enough to share intelligence with the resistance. This is something that we would have loved to see in the actual trilogy!!!!

9. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Does anyone else hate the lack of detail on the ships?

Look at the Legends page for the T-65 and you have a specific make/model for pretty much all the systems. Same with a other OT ships.

Look at the PT stuff and there is little to no detail on the systems.

10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Lack of detail visually or in regards to information about them?

11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Info about them.

On the X-Wing we have the engines (4L4 fusial thrust engines), Hyperdrive (GBk-585 hyperdrive unit), powerplant (Novaldex O4-Z cryogenic power cell), shield (Chempat "Defender" deflector shield generator), armament (Taim & Bak KX9/Krupx MG7 proton torpedo launchers), etc...there is a make and model for pretty much every system.

Compare that to the N-1...they give make/model for the Hyperdrive (Monarc C-4) and Engines (J-type Nubian 221)...but everything else is generic. Shields equipped, armament twin laser cannons, proton torpedo launcher...and so on.

The devil....and my interest...is in the details.

12. DB 2310

DB 2310 Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2018
    Really hoping for a canon "essential guide to warfareā€¯ annytime soon. Maybe after 9?

13. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

Pretty much every component is named in the various ICSs, and all the manufacturers are pretty much who you think they're going to be.

Wookiepedia might not reflect that because A LOT of canon stuff is missing.

14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I sold my ICS books when I got Complete Vehicles...opened up some space on the book shelf. If they were in ICS they did not transfer it over to CV.

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The website has some art of the new ships this episode:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The pirates sure stick a lot of guns on their ships.

The pirate fighter is interesting - I can clearly see the tie interceptor wing at the bottom, but I am not sure of the origin of the fuselage.

16. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Top one looks a little (to me) like someone combined a TIE Interceptor wing with part of an ARC-170's fuselage. The cockpit area certainly looks familiar though.

Middle one looks like a someone was trying to cobble together their own version of the Assault Gunboat.

MercenaryAce and TheRedBlade like this.
  17. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    I love it and the unseen designer character like they were my own children.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    The Neimoidian shuttle actually looks kind of good....a little sleeker.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    The pirate fighter's cockpit looks weird, I originally tought it was a V-Wing but the canopy details don't match. The closest I found is the RZ-2 A-Wing's, but it lacks the rear windows.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. DB 2310

DB 2310 Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2018
    The pirates have a really unique Mad Max feel to them. I hope we see a flagship or home base at the future.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Like the pirate designs, reminds me little bit of Orks from 40k. Hope we'll see more and also pirate capital ships. An old school ISD remade into mobile pirate base would be great.

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Pirates should have the Gladiator-class Demolisher as a shout out to the old Droids cartoon.

Sinrebirth and MercenaryAce like this.
  23. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I came across this model of a T-85 on youtube:

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Wow that model work is impressive. My only thing is I think the "realistic" one has a less pronounced flatness to the bottom of the nose of the ship.

25. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    I have immediately gone from "the T-85 is unnecessary and there's no plausible way a peacetime, demilitarized Republic would go through three X-Wing chassis in ~25 years" to "this is gorgeous and I want 40 squadrons of them."