main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Flirty and Furious [Post-TLJ one shot]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith-I-5, Sep 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Flirty and Furious [Post-TLJ one shot]

CHARACTERS
    Finn - Former First Order stormtrooper, and person who cares most about Rey.
    Rose - Resistance' technician who crashes into people for no reason.
    Max - Abednedish pilot for the Resistance.

Plot: The Resistance survivors set about rebuilding their forces, by raiding a mothballed Rebel Alliance' starfighter base. Base created by West End Games. Probably in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

Finn's seat restraints restricted his movement as his X-Wing's nose scraped along the left side wall of the hangar, whilst the glowing afterburners ahead of him, showed the stolen Incom T-65s of Poe Dameron and Baille Harte, tearing out the mouth of the natural cavern, and swooping up into the Tierfon skies.

The former stormtrooper unclicked the restrainst, and helped push the angular canopy up like he could not wait for it to finish opening, and climbed out onto the fuselage of his wrecked starfighter, and stepped onto the nose of the craft that had ploughed into his, stomping up the white durasteel as Rose' gazed lovingly up at him through the transparisteel panes of her own canopy.

"Will you STOP doing that!" Finn yelled down at her. "First Crait, and now here! Stop drokking crashing into me; we need these ships!"

Her canopy cracked, lifting out of the grooves in her X-Wing's cockpit, the femme already speaking to him through the widening crack. "You can't fly, Finn; I was saving you!"

"No, not this time!" Finn lifted a boot and pressed it down on the canopy, arresting it's movement and forcing it back down, initially a growing mechanical whine, and then sparks from the hinge behind Rose's headrest, as he pressed down with his weight and forced the canopy to reseal.

"Finn? What are you doing?!" She slapped her pudgy palms agains the inside of the enclosure, concern etched across her face as her floppy black hair fell into her eyes.

"I checked you out!" Finn yelled, jabbing a finger down at her, unable to contain his fury now. "Not from Canto Bight, but from a world like it, you said. Hays Minor."

That seemed to quieten her. "What...what have you heard?"

"When you stunned me; you made me think it was because you thought I was deserting the Resistance!" Finn's eyes positively blazed as he snarled down at her. "But nooo, electro-jabbing lost-looking people carrying rucksacks, that's not a new thing for you, is it? IS IT?!"

Tico's face had lost some of its pallor, but he hardly noticed.

"What did Haysian holo-news call you?" He asked rhetorically, eyes narrowed as he glared through at her. "The Vindictive Slitch Woman of Cowpat Mountain? What were you going to do with those hikers, if those S.A.G.E. agents hadn't found your hideout?" He asked, referring to Sebris Alpha Greenery Enforcement, with the first two words being the nearest metropolitan area. "What...what were you going to do with, with meee?!" A shudder ran through him, as he recalled himself lolling about on her trolley aboard the Raddus, unable to feel his teeth.

"Finn! It wasn't like that!" She protested, sensing that his affection, could be starting to wane. "S.A.G.E. had it all wrong. They had me all wrong."

Finn paused, but not due to her pleading, but because of a feeling that there was something big approaching his left.

"Hey, need a lift?"

Finn looked over his left shoulder, spying a latticed, transparisteel ball turret with its twin blaster cannon pointing down at the deck; his eyes widened as his gaze followed it up to a Y-Wing bow on steroids, wide enough for three cockpit canopies side-by-side, with the central one smaller than the others. Another defensive turret was on the dorsal (upper) hull behind the cockpits, and four sturdy-looking wings, two horizontal, with two lower ones angled diagonally towards the floor, had a myriad of hardpoints for a dizzying array of projectile ordnance, although only a couple of rockets or missiles were visible for the moment.

The Abednedish fighter ace, Pilot Officer Max - was standing up in one of the open cockpits, hands on his hips.

"What..." Finn licked his lips and tried again. "What in Hapes is that?"

"BTL-S8 K-Wing assault bomber. Seems in mint condition." The flat-faced being's fleshy nostril slits, opened and closed rhythmically. "So, you want to get onboard?" He extended an inviting hand to the empty cockpit. "If the New Republic is in any shape to react to an alert from one of their mothballed starfighter bases, there will be a response flight in hyperspace already."

The former stormtrooper leapt aboard the larger craft's more substantial s-foil, jogging along to the centre hull where the cockpits were, whilst Max continued to wax lyrical about the craft under him.

"We should have had some of these when we evacuated D'Qar, instead of those rubbish Star Fortresses. At least some of them would have come back from assaulting that fleet killer."

"Hey, my sister died out there!" The still-trapped Rose muffled through her X-Wing canopy.

"Sorry!" Max called past Finn, as the latter stepped down onto the seat visible, then climbed down properly into the cockpit. "So, you leaving her here?"

Finn did not answer, instead strapping himself in, and hitting the control to start his canopy lowering over the oval-shaped blister. He couldn't have been clearer.

Max shrugged with a modicum of regret. "I'll miss her meat pies." He dropped into his own cockpit, sealing it and working through the pre-flight procedures. This craft probably had not operated in a while, so he paid special attention to the system readouts.

Nine minutes later, the K-Wing raised up on her repulsorlifts, and followed the X-Wings out of the Tierfon starfighter base, and headed for the rendezvous with the Millennium Falcon.

THE END

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh her poor pudgy fingers.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aw, poor Rose! :p Is she just a crummy pilot? Was crashing into Finn a way of showing her affection for him? And of course, I have to wonder: what exactly happened with those hikers on Cowpat Mountain back on Hays Minor? [face_thinking] Your universe's Rose seems to have acquired somewhat of a sinister reputation behind that happy-go-lucky exterior, enough so that Finn has no qualms about leaving her behind after this crash... though I wonder if Max may change his mind and go back for her later, if only for the sake of her meat pies? Definitely something to think about, and definitely a novel look at this character. Thanks, as always for sharing! :D

AzureAngel2 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  4. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    This made me chuckle a lot more than it should have...[face_blush]
    Poor Rose!

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Umm... I feel kind of bad saying this, because I kind of like Rose, but that reference to meat pies sounds a bit ominous. I mean, wasn't there some classic literature thing where somebody covered up a murder or something by turning the victim into meat pies?

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Findswoman @Ridley Solo @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Thank you three for reading and commenting.

Sweeney Todd, is what you are thinking off, Cowgirl, a barber who slit his shave-seeking customer's throats, and the chairs dropped them into a meat pie business below.

Cannot remember if I had the same idea for those hikers; however, I did attach the sister to a Tico Pies' meat product family business, as a delivery pilot, which is what gives her the experience to be flying a Resistance bomber.

She flies her sister, Rose, off-planet before justice catches up with her, and they join the Resistance.

I half fancied that Rose might have a cauldron in her hideout, to cook those hikers, however I think I was on an emotive roll while thinking of who else can look lost whilst carrying a rucksack - ooh yes, hikers - but lacked the clarity in the moment to extrapolate it into an elaborate criminal enterprise.

I will credit you if I add your idea to the fanon.

Findswoman, four missing hikers were recovered by the SAGE agents, and are fine. Physically, at least.

For Rose to get that name in the news, I would suspect visitors to the forests of Cowpat Mountain had been disappearing for a while. She may have been quite prolific to warrant a SAGE' investigation.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Eek! I'm glad you liked my comment, but I had no intent of fueling something so morbid! :eek:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am trapped between laughter and horror here, but I liked that.

*has musical songs in her head now about meat pies

Grrr!

*tries to concentrate on SW melodies instead

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for reading and reviewing.

Hope you are feeling better now.