main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Flyers & Website

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, we need to get serious on this subject.

We need a volunteer to coordinate the flyers and someone else to coordinate the website. Now as we know, coordinating does mean doing. We need somebody to take charge of getting this thing and get it up and running within the next two weeks.

We want to be able to show UA & LFL something about our plans and we also want our potential donors to have somewhere to get info on our event as well.

For the website, we need to be able to link it to TF.n, UP and possibly UA & SW. We also want to be able to possibly link up our donors (as another incentive for getting them to give us stuff). I'm not sure how all of that works, so I hope you web techies will be able get it working.

For the flyers, I talked to my boss and we can print 8-1/2" X 11" flyers on our color laser printer, as long as we provide the paper. And a ream of paper is nothing. All we need to do is decide on the design of the Flyer and of course who is going to take charge of it. JGOC had volunteered to get one started, so we have a start.

So, let's have some people step up and we can be ready when we have the formal approval from LFL & UA.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

2. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    provde me with links to the sites you'd like us to link to and i'll get them up on the web site.

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    So, does that mean you will be our site administrator? PleasePleasePlease (much begging)

-Jennifer

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I don't know how far JGoC is on the flyers but i'd like to help also. Let me know exactly what you want on it. And I'll see what my Bahamian friend can do in a few minutes for a flyer... He does Club Flyers for Bahama Boom all the time :)

EDIT: He says and I quote "Need you even ask? Give me info!!!!"

You heard the man, tell me what you want on it (text, etc.) It will be Episode II themed and he has all day to work on it. Let us know let us know!!!

5. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    yah :) definitely. i'm actually working on it right now.

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Flyer-

When: 10PM May 15th
    Where: UA Continental Theatre
    I-25 & Hampden (Behind King Soopers)
    What: Rocky Mountain FanForce Line Party
    Midnight Showing -
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Events:Live Auction
    Costume Contest
    Music
    Adopt-a-Teen for the movie
    Purpose: Have fun and raise money for Urban
    Peak Youth Shelter

You can get a UP graphic from their website
    www.urbanpeak.org

Let's see what you guys come up with.

-Jennifer

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Make sure you include TheForce.net in all of our promotional materials. We just got permission to use their name on everything. So we can use their graphic on the flyer, too.

JO & JGOC - have you guys been working on the flyer. We need to have something within the next couple of weeks for everyone to decide on. Thanks again for helping out with this part.

-Jennifer

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    in progress as we speak

9. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Finished. Email JaBeave@Qwest.com asap so i can email it to you. Anyone email who wants to see it. It's the first version and will be a little better for the next revision. Hope you guys like. Jabeave@Qwest.com

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Sorry I haven't been on the net for quite a while. I have been really, really busy, and my family has just gotten a new internet thingie, so I was incharge of setting that all up, and my computer is pretty much usless until I can get that networked to our nice brand new one.

If JO has the flyer done go with that one. I could work on a cyber flyer thought (maybe a popup add that you could just tack onto anyold web page, or maybe a banner or something like that. An add that can draw people in and want them to be part of fanforce and attend the EII priemere.

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Keep up the good work, everyone. I sent JO an email requesting to see the flyer. Reb, do you think you could host it at the site?

12. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    yah, i could do that...i sent joey a request for the flyer, or i was also working on a pop-up flyer for web sites.....but i can go either way.

13. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    hey guys. Jennifer and Tim both have it in a zip w/ both versions the small 72dpi version and the large beautiful 300dpi version. It's complete. I can't check email until monday.

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Yes, boys and gilrls, JO's bud really did a number on the flyer! My thought is that if Djo could get the ZIP file on the site, then people could download, print and help us get the message out right where they are! Nothing like having printing stations and flyers posted all over Denver.....that's why I was saying that the site could really work wonders for us, and that we have to find unique ways of getting folks to the site.

15. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    want a cool little flash animation too? >:)

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    The great thing is that I do both flyers and websites and would gladly pimp myself out to help you guys out (even though I'm new)...the unfortunate thing being that right now I am without computer and will remain so for about another month.

Once my computer comes in, I would be glad to help with any kind of grpahic design I can. I like doing posters and can also do flyers. Web sites are my favorite though, when I have the time to work on them (which I should here pretty soon).

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OH MY GOD!!!! This is gnarlier than mud-puppy pie! Welcome aboard....and get to work!!! LOL!!!! You might check with Tenenial Djo and see if she'd like some help with the site, and JO, please see if you can get this hard-charger a copy of the flyer for poster work....I think we should put them up all over town in any business that'll let us do so, ya kno? And first/foremost, get over to the costume poll, put down what you are coming to the event as.....you are coming to the event, aren't ya? Of course, you're coming to the event....silly Jedi, me! By the by, do tell us all about yourself, won't you? And thanks in advance for the outstanding offer to help on this.....TOO COOL! OOoorraahhh!!!!

18. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    LOL, time for decaf my friend :).

First of all, I can't do any graphics right now because I have no computer to work on. Once I have a computer, the problem will be finding somewhere that can print poster-size paper.

As for going to the events, I'm not really sure yet, it depends on whether time and work permit. I'm afraid I really don't know my way around Denver very well (I live at Peterson AFB in colorado springs). I'm from smallville, kansas and I get lost pretty easily around here :).

I'll see what I can do though. I'll let you all know when I get my computer. (right now I'm using the computer at work and at the library).

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    You're on Pete right now? Cool! Maybe we could go to Anthony's or something...

And welcome to the boards! :D

20. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    Yeah, I live and work here on Pete. I work kind of weird shifts though.

You a dependent or something?

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Wait a minute......ex-Marine, 12 years, decaf....AAAAAAGGHHHHhhhh!!!!!!

***I knew the Air Force hired you guys for your brains...I knew it all along....!***

22. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    What did you say? 12 years old, extra caffeine? Yeah, that's what I thought!

j/k :)

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah I mooch off the military. Hehe...

I'm the daughter of a retired officer. So until I'm out of college I get to hang out on all of the fine military establishments...

Decafe? Who drinks decafe?!! It's expresso all the way for me!!!

24. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    that's cool, so your ID remains valid till you get out of college? I didn't know that (but then, I don't have any dependents either).

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    But dependants won't have as many privledges as you would. For example I cannot bring any non-military buddies onto base, but my dad would be able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.