main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FN Stormtrooper (First Order) Help

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Luke'sSeveredHand, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    All:

I have been perusing the 501st and whitearmor.net websites but there does not seem to be any info on vendors screen accurate 501st approved FN (First Order Stormtrooper) armor kits. There is a reference guide but no suppliers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love my first build to be these sweet looking bucketheads.

2. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I've been doing the same. There are three vendors that I have come across for FOTK armor (that seems to be the preferred name over FN since the 501st is sticking with the TK designation even for TFA armor) all of which have been approved by various 501st garrisons.

Of course, there is the officially licensed armor from ANOVOS and they are supposed to be releasing a standard FOTK kit this month in addition to their very pricey premier line they already have out:
    https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/45931649-faqs-for-the-star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper

(I got my helmet from them -- it is a standard and not a premier one.)

Then there is KB Props which makes the armor out of ABS plastic like ANOVOS does. They are on Facebook.

And Jimmiroquai on The RPF makes his out of flexible fiberglass which is heavier and needs to be painted.

I have not found any others who have the reputation that these do for FOTK armor. The others that I have run across for FOTK kits either have reputations for poor quality or are re-casters who have stolen someone else's work product.

I've been waiting for Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF) on Facebook to come out with a FOTK kit, but it doesn't seem like that will happen soon.

Hope this helps!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks! I'll probably go the Anovos route.