main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Focusing Lens: An Initiate Journal (OC Lens Eli)-Replies 6/28/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Jumping in - love the OC - and am hooked into the story! Please add me to the PM list!

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: thanks for reading, earlybird! It won't be revealed immediately, but stay tuned.

Trimaj: Thanks for the good word on Tionne, Trimaj. She is a cool character and great surrogate mom for Lens. As for the Jacen business, my lips are sealed...for now.

mavjade: Thank you for your ongoing support, mavjade. I'm tickled that this is so much fun for you. I hope I can keep that up.

DarthBreezy: Welcome, Breezy. I'm glad you're on board. If you have any questions about Lens, please don't hesitate to ask. There is more Lens out there, but not copious amounts.

I met Kayla in the atrium last night. It was after lights out, but that had never stopped us before. We sat under a Rodakan tree, holding each other. It as intimate, you know. Not sexual necessarily, just nice.

I know I?ve been focusing on Ben a lot in this journal, but, I suppose that?s because it?s happening now.

Kayla is my friend, too. More than a friend, actually. She is beautiful, easy going, feisty, sympathetic, and giving. You might think, as a guy, I would miss those aspects of her personality. No, she is the full package: an auburn haired beauty with hazel eyes and legs that never end.

She?s athletic, too. Running. She loves to run. I have to say I don?t get it. I enjoy playing sports, but running for the pure enjoyment of it. Nah, that?s not me. Has she gotten me go running with her? Yes. Have I come home panting and wheezing praying to join the Force? YES! I?m no slouch. I have athletic bones in my body, but by the Force, the girl likes long?distance?running. ?Nuff said.

Did I mention she?s a good kisser? Oh, yes. Soft, warm, responsive lips. Okay, Master, I?ll leave it at that. I don?t want to embarrass you.

That?s about all I have at the moment. I?ll write more soon. I just wanted to give you a glimpse of some other people who are important to me.

Oh Yeah. Remind me to tell you about the incident of 'The Bald Buttocks'. It's a humorous aside to all the drama I've been laying on you.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the lips being sealed actually reveals more than you want to.:p but i won't ask, i'll let you suprise us.

nice to finally meet kayla, i must admit. i actually have that as a characters last name in the RPF, i'm quite fond of it.

just holding someone is indeed pleasant. very.

good that lens notices things that a lot of guys wouldn't. one thing i've never quite... grasped though: legs that never end

that phrase makes little sense to me, and never has. call me kooky if you want.:p

ah... long distance running. i understand the joys of running, but THAT i don't think i could do.

the bald buttocks incident?o_O this you must explain someday brew...

all that to say great post my friend. again, looking forward to more.

read it before you sent the PM.:p

:snoopy

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh my! [face_laugh]

And kissing! oooooooooooooooooh! I know I would die if someone read my journal at that age... (in fact I think I actually shredded it)

'Bald buttocks' hmm? *starts humming* "there's a moon out tonight..."

:p

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... Lens is in love! So cute! [face_love]

I loved the way he wrote about her, like she is a goddess to him! [face_love]

She seems like a really sweet girl and I hope we get to read more about her! :)

The Bald Buttocks??? [face_laugh]:confused:[face_laugh] I think it's funny already! I can't wait to hear this story! :D

Great update as always! I'm excited for more!!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The Bald Buttocks[face_laugh] what will that be?[face_thinking]

And Lens in love so nice to see him read about it.

Great=D==D=

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you all for sticking with this journal. Lens and I appreciate it. Kayla is someone who will get more play as this diary continues. I promised you bald buttocks. Here they are.

In the interest of giving myself a diversion and reminding my Master of a dark (Master Skywalker?s words), yet highly hilarious, piece of our past, I will tell you about the Incident of the Bald Buttocks.

I?m sure you want to know more about Ben and his antics, but I?m tired of talking about it for now. We?ll look at that in the next entry.

The gang: Ben, Jysella, Kayla, Shorty, and I were sitting at our regular table in the commissary when the subject of Master Streen?s age came up. Each of us had our ideas. Some were close together while others were separated by a lot of years. In order to protect the guilty, I?ll keep those guesses under wraps, but suffice to say, he is old.

The conversation became so heated, with Shorty and I were nose to nose growling our guesses at each other. Keep in mind, that for me to be nose to nose with Shorty, I had to stand on the table while he stood on the floor.

Ben finally broke up our little tete a tete, by declaring a wager: The being with the guess farthest from the truth would have shave their head. Both Jysella and Kayla looked hat him like he was crazy. They weren?t going to have any part of it. Shorty wasn?t on board with shaving his head, but said he would shave his buttocks if it came to that. He was confident it would not.

We decided to take the question to the source. Ben, Shorty, and I approached Master Streen on his way to wherever he goes. I?m just being funny. I think he was headed to a class. Anyway, that conversation went something like this:

?Master Streen!? I called from down the hallway. ?Master Streen!?

He stopped before entering the classroom, seemingly perplexed by unexpected interruption. He didn?t recognize me, but when he saw Ben, he smiled.

?Hello Young Skywalker,? he said in his wise elderly tone. ?Who are your friends??

Ben stepped for and introduced us, then got down to business. He looked at the floor and shuffled his feet, but, finally got the question out.

Master Streen looked at each of the three us. His expression was unreadable. I started to get nervous.

?It is impolite to as a man his age, much less a woman. But, in the interest of fun, I?ll tell you.?

As he revealed the desired digits, both Ben and I look at Shorty. He let out a low anguished wail. He had been off by eleven years. Ben and I were off eight and four respectively.

?Good day, boys,? Master Streen said, leaving us standing in the hall.

?So how do you want to do this, Shorty?? I asked. Ben smirked.

The rest is history. When Shorty was discovered, the three of us were called in to Master Tionne and Solusar?s office, before meeting with the Grandmaster, himself.

Shorty was required to wear his robes at all times until the hair came back. Ben and I were placed on refuse duty for a week.

Kayla and Jysella just laughed at our misfortune and to this day have never let us forget how stupid we were.

As an epilogue to the story, let me tell you that it was Kayla who handled the shears that shaved the aforementioned buttocks. We gave her a pass. She should be thankful.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] funny dare for that gang. And shorty, he sure must be big.

Nice update to a very entertaining diary.

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Ack! double post. I haven't done this in ages.

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Ok this is weird. I"m not doing this on purpose. I really apologize. :-(

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] That was a hilarious story!

I can't believe they did that... wait yes I can, they're boys! :p :p

Great update! =D=

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks Mavjade and earlybird! This story was a small expansion on a Lens drabble from the Second challenge. This update is short, but there is more to come soon.

Sorry I haven?t written in a few days. I?ve been sick. Yeah, sick. One might think that Jedi wouldn?t get sick, that the Temple is a clean living environment, that we have formidable healing trances. That would be WRONG! With Jedi coming and going from all across the galaxy, this place is a cesspool of bacteriological funk.

Maybe, I exaggerate. Maybe not. This just sucks.

It?s funny how little I care about anything right now. My head feels like a durasteel anvil. Every few minutes, I have a wracking cough deep in my chest. My nose is running and I feel like sleeping. Forever.

I don?t ever care about Ben?s?whatever.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice Lens describing his hurts

cesspool of bacteriological funk.

My head feels like a durasteel anvil.

Is it the common cold or a flu?

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... poor Lens! [:D]

this place is a cesspool of bacteriological funk.
    [face_laugh] I loved that... and he's probably right! I would think they would be carrying germs from all over! 8-}

Great entry!

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N: Although I ignored this long enough to be disqualified, it has recently come to my attention that, at least one reader would like me to continue. I'm not promising consistency, but I do promise to do something. See below.

After I recovered from what was definitely not a 'common cold', I lost interest in writing in my journal. It's work. I felt like I should be wrting, if for nothing less than to please Master Tionne. When i told her as much, she gave me an admonishing look and said pleasing her wasn't the point. Why didn't I see that coming before I opened my big mouth? This sickness is the only explanation.

So, here I am; some 40 days after my last entry. That's a rather long time. I'm surprised Master Tionne didn't call me out sooner. Perhaps, she felt bad for me. Being sick and all.

I suppose you want to know what Ben's problem was. You probably already guessed it. He was jealous. You can't see me shaking my head, but I am. I still can't believe that he thought Jysella and I has some sort of affair going on. I am also still in shock that he held onto the belief for so long with out confronting either of us. He can take himself very seriously sometimes. Okay, most of the time. But really, cheating? Jys and I. We'd probably end up fighting before we'd ever kiss or anything else. Ugh.

Anyway, Ben is better now. Yeah, he was sick too; IN THE HEAD!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yippee Lens is back with writing in his diary.

Loved him and why he didn't update sooner.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yay! He's back!! :D :D

When i told her as much, she gave me an admonishing look and said pleasing her wasn't the point. Why didn't I see that coming before I opened my big mouth?
    Duh, Lens! LOL! He's so funny, I love him!

:oops: Ben was jealous? Oh, Ben. *shakes head* But I'm glad that is cleared up!

Great entry, brodiew! =D= I look forward to more!

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Author Note: Thank you so much for nominating Lens for Best Male OC! It made my day to think that someone enjoys him and this fic that much.

Hello again. It's been said that most journal writers give up quickly after a short bust of creative energy and interest at the beginning. I was sure this was not going to be me. Lens Eli is no quitter, especially when it was an assignment from above. Love you, Master Tionne!

Well, it was me and I did quit and became a statistic like the rest of them. Master Tionne was disappointed in my lack of follow through, but she could see that the consistent, timely entries just weren't gonna happen. When she finally relented, it was a tremendous relief. Whew! What a load off! This thing was stressing me out.

Now that the pressure of performance has been lifted, I can write at my leisure and about whatever I want. That said, today I want to talk about other people's kids. Sine our Order is small compare to the old days, Master Skywalker has historically taken in Force adepts anywhere from infants to elderly. Given that I was one of those infants, I have always supported this policy. The Old Orders edicts about being too old to start the training has never really made much sense to me. But, I begin to digress.

Ben invited me to tag along to a meeting which his father had schedule with a couple who had preadolescent kids beginning to display possible Force use. Boy that was a long sentence. Anyway, after an hour of hell on Coruscant, I seriously thought banging my head again a duracrete wall would make my headache go away.

The kids were incredibly rude and disrespectful of their parents. In a public meeting with one of the galaxy's greatest heroes, the kids, yes both of them, proceeded to talk back, interrupt, fight with each other, scream at the parents trying to make them stop, and, the worst of it all, one of the kids hit his mother.

The parents had no apparent skills to cope. They seemed dazed and confused and almost hopeful that the Grandmaster would take their children away. The father sat idly by as the mother half heartedly tried to discipline them. She was mortified of their behavior and looked so helpless and emotionally defeated, that even my hardened heart went out to her. Okay, my hearts not that hard, but it sounded good right? Feeling any kind of sympathy was very hard given the completely chaotic and alien circumstance.

After the hour I mentioned above, Luke-I mean Master Skywalker asked Ben and I to leave the room. We were more than happy to do so. We had to talk about it. How else to work something so strange and weird out? I guess there is something to be said for the sheltered upbringing of Jedi.

After another half hour, The Grandmaster and the family exited the room. There was a palpable air of relief and peace in the Force. Most was radiating from Luke. Yeah, Luke. But I could tell by looking at the parents, then the kids, then Luke that he had agreed to take them on. I didn't physically shake my head, but I did it on the inside. Master Tionne, my mother, for all intents and purposes, was in for a world of hurt. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I can see Luke's point of view; better to have them under his wing than potentially falling into the wrong life, or worse the wrong hands. I still don't like it, though.

It's a hefty load, I know. I may have more on it. I may not. I guess you'll just have to stay tuned. -Lens.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes he is back and what a nice update to see him all experiencing this. Like real life;) ANd succes with the noms. [face_good_luck]

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Welcome back "Lens"! Sounds like Luke's bitten off more than he can chew!

Congrats on the noms!!

Of course I'd love a line (PM) when you update!

21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks coming back, earlybird. I appreciate it. This entry was based, loosely, on an experience I had on father's day weekend. It was a difficult weekend, but we perservered.

DarthBreezy: Hey, Breezy. I imagine Luke has contingencies for such events, but that doesn't make the training any easier. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.