main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved Season 2. Best so far IMO.

Girl. Tell me your brain went the same place mine did with that line.

That said, I liked this exchange better:

"I was going to study that!"
    "Study the bottom of my boot."

Brain Invaders: One of my favorite episodes in the entire series. Gave it a 10/10. There was the foreshadowing you mentioned, and the (at least somewhat) debatable nature of Anakin's actions--choking Poggle was wrong, but what if that was the only option for keeping Ahsoka and Barriss alive?

Lightsaber Lost: Not crazy about this one. What I found interesting was the idea that lightsabers would be worth so much money on the black market. It makes perfect sense and added something to the story. That said, Master Sinube and Ahsoka on the chase--I got bored.

Mandalore Arc: I love Obi-Wan and Satine; I liked the contrast between how Obi-Wan handled his love for a woman and how Anakin handled his. And the banter between the two of them was just awesome, between Anakin making a comment about a "romantic evening" to Go find your girlfriend." "She's not my...hey, wait a second!" And I really like women politicians, as long as they are pacifists. :p

Zillo Beast and Zillo Beast Strikes Back: the best part of this arc to me was seeing the differences in how Anakin, Padme and Palpatine wanted the beast handled. And I thought the viewer could choose to see the beast as either a monster or a victim.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    What? Double entendre in the kids' cartoon? To quote Sio Bibble: "It's unthinkable!" [face_blush]

That, too. There was a lot of funny bickering between the two.

Yes, I like it that they don't shy away from his darker nature. He can be heroic, but a lot of his methods are questionable.

It's touching that she calls him "My knight in shining armor" (as in gallant Knights of old). Any chance we'll see another secret Jedi baby showing up at some point?

Poor Anakin was caught between a rock and a hard place. Probably had to sleep in the Jedi Temple on that day :p

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Corkie?

/others have suggested this in the past

QuangoFett likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Corkie? Seriously?

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not. I don't think there's any need for more variations of the "I am your father" storyline. And I think Obi-Wan and Satine would think this through well enough to use protection.

-NaTaLie- and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi Wan doesn't think with his lightsaber. :p :D

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Doesn't mean he never uses it. He just doesn't use it impulsively and without forethought. ;)

8. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Yeah, I bet Anakin thought the Force was enough to protect him and Padme couldn't say no.

As for Obi-Wan and Satine, we don't know if it ever got that serious. Unlike Anakin, he was with his Master when he was protecting Satine.

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What is wrong with people. [face_plain]

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Comparing lightsabers, this thread as gone some places for sure.

11. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    I didn't see any claims about who's got a bigger lightsaber :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hey - hey - hey, I said in response to a post that SOME posters suggested Corkie was not really Satine's nephew. That is not my opinion. I just have a good memory, but not enough to remember who suggested that.

And we really don't know how serious the two were, or even what ages they were.

As far as the innuendo above: Obi-Wan always did like saber play. ;)

Seerow likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Back to thread topic...

The Hidden Enemy and Cloak of Darkness are still some of the best episodes the series has to offer IMO. The dueling droids duology is thorough proof that episodes which are overall really mediocre can still have their fleeting moments of sheer awesomeness (real Clone War battles in this case).

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-trandoshan-duology-season-3-finale.50007206/

I really liked Padawan Lost; it was one of my favorites of Season 3. I particularly enjoyed seeing Anakin's reaction to Ahsoka being missing, and his interactions with both Rex and Plo Koon. (Poor Rex. Geez.) I thought Plo directing Anakin to think about how Ahsoka could survive with the skills that he (Anakin) had trained her to use, was priceless--and could really be taken either way. "She'll be fine if you trained her well enough."

Kalifa's death was sad, and Ahsoka going from telling another Padawan not to use the Force-choke, to using it herself...also sad, albeit in a different way.

A bit of a nod to the EU with Chewbacca and the Trandoshans.

I really enjoyed Anakin and Ahsoka's reunion--I could tell that Anakin really wanted to wrap Ahsoka in a massive bear hug but Yoda was watching, so the formal bow and cordiality it was. And Yoda's look of "Are we actually teaching him to let go of attachments here?" (Um, Yoda? No. Not at all.)

Both episodes were a 9/10 for me.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Looking back at those old threads was a treat.

Check out some of the reactions to me giving both Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt a 10/10.

On top of that everyone seemed much more relaxed, just speaking their minds and having fun without worrying about stepping on egg shells. There was little to no tension, hostility or bitterness. Good times.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I also remember you rating episodes in the Water Wars arc fairly high CT.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I kind of regret rating Water War a 8, in hindsight and compared to my other ratings that season and so far in S5 it's much more 7 material.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Looking back on the Water Wars arc I like it more. I regret giving Onderon higher than it deserved.

20. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Season 3 1&2
    "Band of brothers" with clones. The duels were useless as you knew they'd end in the stalemate.

3 Supply Lines
    Must be the most boring episode so far. Jar Jar was actually ok. It's nice to see he's not as clumsy as he used to be.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't remember what rating I gave the Water War arc but I think it was fairly high. My only complaints were that Anakin should have retrieved his mask using the Force instead of Ahsoka doing it for him, and Biff Tannen Shark Boy Riff Tamsin was annoying.

But I liked seeing Mon Cal, and Anakin and Padme together on a mission. And I liked the Prince--IIRC that wasn't a popular opinion.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh yeah, I was outraged at that thing with Anakin's breath mask. So dumb. While in the very same arc he takes down an entire structure with the Force.

Supply Lines didn't do much for me at first but has grown on me over time, kind of the opposite of Corruption.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love Supply Lines. The Jar Jar bits are another example of so cheesy its good, like that nasty string cheese stuff I ate as a kid. I love Ima Gun Di, don't care how dumb his name is. His story was sad and he gave his life to make sure the Twi'liks got out safely and got supplies. He did not go down until he knew things were going to be alright. Then we have Captain Keeli, a guy who was face planted by a grenade and then got back up and still fought like hell. It was just an epic fight.

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Supply Lines still drives me insane. Ima-Gun Di's last stand was entirely unnecessary and just a waste of lives. I really think they just wanted a last stand moment similar to the one from 300, which is fitting because the last stand in that movie was also an unnecessary waste of lives.

The action was actually pretty good, it was "faster and more intense." I even heard the high pitch sound from Luke's X-Wing's laser cannons right after he says "I'm going in". The only poor thing about the action was that it was a little too obvious that Di's choreography was actually Kenobi's choreography, I believe they share the same character model.

The imagery of the morbidly obese Twi'lek Senator Orn Free Taa pleading for his starving people was kinda funny.

I also thought it was a nice touch to make the Toydarians such an honorable people in comparison to Watto. Star Wars has a tendency to base an entire species on the first member we see and it was nice of them to buck that stereotype.

I thought it was kinda absurd to see Lott Dod completely opposing the Republic's war efforts. Why is this allowed? Can't they gag him or at least punish him? As a Senator, Dod can argue all he wants in the Senate, but I don't see why he would be allowed to sabotage a Republic military rescue/relief operation.

I admit I have little knowledge or interest in this stuff, but for those of you who do, how would it go over if a US Senator tried to sabotage a military rescue/relief operation in the middle of a war?

The guy is just consistently portrayed as an actual Separatist, not just a sympathizer, I'm not sure how he hasn't been exposed as a traitor and hanged yet.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Massacre, what a bizarre episode. TCW went totally crazy with this episode, but I thought it was fun.

This episode was the first time I found Talzin's voice sound effects annoying, it made it hard to hear her speak.

I actually liked that the CIS is just going to Dathomir for vengeance, that their sole purpose is to just stomp *** and wipe them out. There's not much to gain, but it just gives them an intimidating eeeeeeevil reputation. A bit silly, but I like it.

Ventress' Nightsister Baptism was a nice touch. Did her eyes actually come out a lighter shade of blue? Are they saying her soul was cleansed, leading to glimpses of goodness a few episodes later?

Love seeing the battle droids come out on racks. I love anything that emphasizes their whole 'death machines rolling off an assembly line" thing.

Awesome use of droid bombing runs. Rarely do we see anyone actually use that kind of firepower.

Kharys' death was meaningless, we had no reason to care about her.

This
    [​IMG]
    was just absurdly overpowered, completely way over the top like nothing we've seen in Star Wars. But that fits with the rest of the episode and I liked it.

Ventress was used very well in the battle, she was fast and we saw a rare situation with her having to deflect blaster bolts. Her two handed choreography was outstanding, probably the best I've seen in Star Wars.

Zombies........lol whatever. It was fun, I guess.

Anyone catch that Mohawk Nightsister? She was badass, like some Nightsister Rambo. It was like on Fordo's level.

The voodoo attack on Dooku was just terrible. It fits with the rest of the episode, but I thought it was just too much.

Anyone notice the B2 battle droids just march straight into Ventress' tank? lol, talk about unrelenting.

Ventress' "Surprised?" = great. I [face_love] Nika Futterman.

Unfortunately, the duel between Ventress and Grievous was unimpressive. They built it up well, but the actual duel was disappointing. Ventress won as she should, but treacherous Grievous calls for help, as he should. At least that was well played.

Speaking of Grievous, he came off as suitably badass in the episode. Other than Ventress, everything in his path just gets cut down. Watching him stomp his way to Talzin with the droids marching behind him was awesome.

Old Daka kinda came out of nowhere and was just as quickly and unceremoniously shanked by Grievous. As she dies, the zombies fall, leaving the Nightsisters vulnerable and they go down just as quickly. Ventress lost her place in life again and I felt for her. "Hey Ventress, welcome back to the Nightsisters!" to Nightsister extinction just like that. She blames it on herself, just like she probably blamed herself for her master's death. When Anakin blamed himself, he put it upon himself to never let it happen again. Ventress resigned herself to depression and appeared to mostly quit on life. Now that Kenobi is back in her life, I wonder if they'll go the Anakin route with her and have her obsess over keeping Kenobi alive. Kenobi and Savage seem to be the only personal connections she has left.

When I first saw Talzin poof into smoke, I actually thought she turned into a Force ghost or something similar. It reminded me of Kenobi in ANH, it was quite a trip.

Bizarre, outrageous episode, but a lot of entertainment. 9/10

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.