main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, Crisis at the Heart
    - The arc we finally see the cracks in Anakin and Padme's relationship, Anakin doesn't trust her even after she said she wasn't interested in Clovis in a romantic way he still doubted her . I still find Clovis sneaking into Padme's private residence and trying to force a kiss on her to be creepy though Anakin beating him up was really scary. Interesting Padme "breaks up" with him there but doesn't in RotS when he did much worse things. Though after discovering Clovis "lied" or more like was framed up she apologized to Anakin and everything was fine again.
    - Economy! Banks! Neutral zones! I guess those who didn't like that in the prequels will love this episode.
    - Snowboarding! With a hat! And Embo is still awesome, poor Teckla I liked her.
    - Palpatine was having a lot of fun with this, angering Anakin like that. What a troll. [face_laugh]
    - Animation is still top notch, even if it was mostly Scipio, an ice world, and Coruscant.

8/10 Loved that it explored Anakin and Padme's extremely flawed relationship, at least there were no love triangle it was just Anakin assuming things and I liked Padme reminded him of the price of living a secret marriage.

Padme501st and Grievousdude like this.
  2. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    darklighter99, what are your thoughts on the idea that Luke & Leia were conceived at the end of this arc? With Padme being held prisoner for a few days without her birth control and all.

3. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Subtext Mining Wasn't there an arc about Anakin and Padme going to Mon Cala? If they were conceived during that arc, I think it would be difficult for Anakin not to notice it since he's not supposed to know about it until RotS.

The Disappeared: Pt. I and Pt. II

- I loved the interactions of this unlikely pair that is Mace Windu and Jar Jar as much as I liked watching Windu with Anakin together. My favorite moment was Mace trying to teach him patience after Queen Julia was kidnapped.
    - That moment in the first episode was so unexpected, but so ironic too considering the character.
    - Bardottans do not like Jedi and think they're baby snatchers? I know there were some EU stuff about it.
    - Dagoyan masters are disappearing and then there is some talk about a prophecy which stated if they don't find the queen within 3 days chaos will spread throughout the galaxy. Jar Jar find the people responsible, some kind of cultists with mask who want to steal the master's life Force which is another reminder that the Force resides in every living things since they tried to do the same with Jar Jar. For some reason, Queen Julia's life Force is more important than the other masters and she spend the whole arc being the damsel in distress screaming for Jar Jar to help her which was my only grip with this arc. I loved the hand on hand combat between Jar Jar, Windu and the cultist even if he had his lightsaber.
    - Another unexpected character, Mother Talzin, she did say that she wasn't a Force wielder like the Jedi and the Sith and by stealing their life Forces, she's be stronger than them but she didn't give any further explanation on why she wanted to be more powerful. Vengeance?Too bad Windu vs Talzin with her magic sword didn't last long because her sphere was broken so she decides to leave.
    - Queen Julia is saved and she's grateful for Windu's help (with Jar Jar convincing her first) and everything is fine between them.

9/10 beside Queen Julia's role in the story, it was a very fun arc and I hope we see more of Windu working with an unlikely character just for fun. The plot seemed very familiar too but I don't remember where I saw it.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  4. Subtext Mining

Apr 27, 2016
    Rookies
    [​IMG]

R2's Downfall/Duel duology
    [​IMG]

TheMDOSS1313 and darkspine10 like this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    The Lost One, Voices, Destiny, Sacrifice

- The mystery of Sifo-Dyas's death and the identity of Lord Tyranus has been revealed to the Jedi, at last. And I thought it great to finally see former chancellor Valorum in the series even if it was short.

- Sidious being mad of the Jedi investigating on Sifo-Dyas and Force choking Dooku while on hologram was impressive. I find it interesting because it's different from his usual "everything is proceeding as I have foreseen".

- Everything about Yoda and R2's journey. Ki Adi Mundi was portrayed as an arrogant Jedi who instantly thought the Sith were behind whatever was going on with Yoda. His POV on life after death was opposed to Anakin's who was portrayed as a true believer. It also confirms that Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan did report what happened on Mortis to the Jedi council but Obi-Wan thought Qui-Gon wasn't real. It's really interesting because Anakin was able to hear Qui-Gon calling Yoda, and then Yoda confiding in Anakin asking if they were friends.

- First time we see the medical bay in the Jedi temple. And I really think that tree in particular is really important. Though it wasn't the first time it appeared in the series, it was much more featured in this arc and the last shot was about it. Curious. I wonder if we would have seen more of it in the last seasons.

- Are the priestesses the first official appearance of Whills? Well in the episode they're never called by that name and it didn't mention that THEY were the ones to teach Qui-Gon neither so your guess is as good as mine.

- Yoda's trial: First on Dagobah where the name of the Sith master is revealed and he see what appears to be a version of order 66, I think it was the same cave that the one in ESB but I'm not really sure. Then his shadow, at first he denies it and take a good beating but then he acknowledge it as a part of himself but that he's not in control, Yoda is. I think THAT is a good representation of the meaning of "balance". It's about internal balance, acknowledging your inner darkside but without letting it control you. Then he has a vision of the temple with dead Jedi on the floor and a dying Ahsoka being worried that she would not be part of the Force since she's not a Jedi and blaming the Jedi council which was probably just a manifestation of Yoda's feeling to what happened with the whole Ahsoka's situation. I wonder if Katooni guiding Yoda to an idealized version of the temple with no war, Qui-Gon still alive and Dooku still part of the Jedi order has any meaning. And Ahsoka talking to Windu without having Anakin talking to her or even looking at her was strange, granted it was just Yoda's vision but still.

- I'm not angry/disappointed/whatever that Lucas changed Korriban to Moraband.

- Are those spirits a representation of ancient Sith? And was Darth Ban truly just a vision by the Priestesses? I would like to coment that I found Darth Ban's character model for this arc much better than the one proposed for the Mortis trilogy. Hands down.

- The last vision is taking some element of what really happened in ROTS like Anakin killing Dooku in the same way with the two lightsaber. I fiond it interesting that Yoda wanted to kill Sidious but when Anakin was starting to fall he had a choice to continue the fight and drop Anakin or help Anakin and let Sidious electrocute him with his Force lightning. I guess all of those trials were to prepare the transition of Yoda from the prequels to the one in the OT and his opinions on war. also, Sith alchemy by using blood.

- "There is another Skywalker" is clearly a reference to what he said in RotJ. And with the babies screaming in the background I think it's obvious who's she talking about. When one of the priestesses (Serenity, If I remember correctly) said he will teach the one who will save the universe from great imbalance, is that a foreshadowing of him and Obi-Wan helping Anakin from the other side after he dies or is she talking about him training Luke in the future? I like how this series and SW in general left things up to interpretation, it's a part of its charm to me.

- I guess him not telling anything about what happened but a vague explanation can explain what's going on in the RotS deleted scenes of him departing from Kashyyyk inside a hidden ship to Dagobah like if he knew something bad was going to happen.

- This episode also confirms not any random person gets to learn the technique to become a Force ghost, they even argued if they should allow Yoda to learn it.

- As always, top notch visuals. I fear we'll never see that kind of quality in animated SW and that makes me feels sad. And I probably left many details but those were the ones that stood out the most for me.

10/10 Great unofficial "ending" to the series.

SuperPersch likes this.
  6. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    S6E10 is top.
    I was so happy to finally see my true love Lom again. And Pyke's homeworld. Oba Diah {Obadiah in Hebrew means "slave of god"}.
    and they added Lom's glasses (finally) and updated his model +made new walking cycle animations. yay!
    The throne room of the Pyke palace reminded me of H. R. Giger's The Spell IV. sry i'm so random. * fangirl screams *
    (๑ↀᆺↀ๑) Stunning visuals ♡(^・ω・^=)~

cwustudent likes this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I like your reviews. Regards the Anakin thing, I think the episode was done before the Ahsoka arc but just kept over for the next season. Btw are you going to review the Anakin/Obi-wan arc of them on utapau ?

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Order 66 arc was the next in production after the Fugitive arc, so it was always meant to take place after.

9. Subtext Mining

Apr 27, 2016
    Marvelous images from the captured Nute Gunray arc.
    [​IMG]

From the captured Count Dooku arc.
    [​IMG]
    loved the banter between Obi-Wan & Anakin throughout.

And from the Blue Shadow/Iego arc.
    [​IMG]
    Our first major look into Anakin's attachments, and his emotion-directed actions in the series.
    [​IMG]

I too would like to see you review the unfinished Season 7 episodes, darklighter99

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Subtext Mining
    Sure. Maybe during this week, we'll see how it goes.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Those are just so great, you barely notice their half-finished state because they just pull you in.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Subtext Mining

Apr 27, 2016
    Seems the Probe Droids were originally Sep technology. Interesting that they seem to be the only thing from them that was adopted into the Empire .
    [​IMG]

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    There's also the Mouse Droids too, seen as Sep tech on Mustafar.

TheMDOSS1313 and Subtext Mining like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Mandalore Plot
    The Episode that brought Mandalore into Canon and forever pissed off Karen Traviss

Death:2
    Total:214

Voyage of Temptation
    Death: 10
    Total: 224
    Mericks reaction to saying Satine would not like Obi Wan is priceless

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Duchess of Mandalore
    Death: 2
    Total: 226

Senate Murders
    Total: 228

Cat and Mouse
    Death: 0
    Total: 228

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know it hasnt been a full day, but I wanted to post this before I lost the count and thoughts on these episodes
    Bounty Hunters
    Death: 11
    Total: 239

This episode introduced to new species that I dont think we ever see again If I am wrong can someone correct me.

The Zillo Beast
    Death: 10
    Total: 249

The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    Death: 5
    Total: 254
    I am almost confident that the Zillo beast was at least somewhat intellegent. He was at least smart enough to tell that Sheev was evil.

Death Trap
    Death: 3
    Total: 257

R2 Come Home
    Total: 257

Lethal Trackdown
    Total: 259

I really want to see a Comic book or even a novel about Jango Fett and his time before Episode 2
    We could see how he interacted with people like Cad Bane or Hondo and that would be amazing.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Clone Cadets
    Tota:l 259
    At one point in the episode Heavy seems like he is about to desert the army, but how did he even plan to do that from Kamino?

Arc Troopers
    Death: 21
    Total: 280

Supply Lines
    Death: 9
    Total: 289

Sphere of Influence
    Death: 7
    Total: 296

Corruption
    Total: 301

The Academy

Assassin

Evil Plans

Hunt for Ziro
    Death: 1
    Total: 302

Heros on both Sides
    Death: 8
    Total: 310

Pursuit of Peace
    Total: 310

Night Sisters
    Death: 4
    Total: 314

Monster
    Death: 15
    Total: 329

Rewatching this episode reminded me how muchI despise the Nightsisters becuase of just how evil they really are.

Witches of the Mist
    Total: 336

Overlords
    Total: 336

Favorite qoute from this episode was "what in the universe was that"

I also noticed that the older vision ahsoka is actually see through since you can see the crystals on the other side of her.

Altar of Mortis
    Total: 337

Ghost of Mortis
    Total: 339

The Citadel
    Total: 342

Counter Attack
    Total: 345

Citadel Rescue
    Death: 8
    Total: 353

Yes I did watch all 20 of these episodes today. Look I had a lot of free time so what better way to spend it?:p

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Padawan Lost
    Total: 358

Wookiee Hunt
    Total: 367

This episode has so many cool refrences that you could easily miss like the Mandalorian Neo crusader helmet or the zillo beast hide among other things.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I'm Back!

Water War
    Death: 29
    Total: 396

Gungan Attack
    Total: 399

Prisoners
    Death: 13
    Total: 412

You know I must be setting some sort of record with all these posts in a row. Sorry mods.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Ok so I finally found the time to watch all Crystal Crisis On Utapau story reels so let's begin.

A Death on Utapau, In Search of the Crystal, Crystal Crisis, The Big Bang

- I know it was just early animatics but every time I look at the characters creepy unmoving eyes or their movements or the empty background I couldn't help but keep asking myself how beautiful it would look fully animated.
    - Anakin and Obi-Wan's banters is easily the bet things from this arc and their little conversation around a campfire was so sad considering what's going to happen. Glad it finally addressed Anakin's feelings about what happened in season 5. I feel like Anakin comparing himself failing Obi-Wan to Ahsoka leaving makes me think he considers her to be a disappointment and since he never talked about it until this arc I think he just bottles things up but I'm glad to see Obi-Wan trying to get him to tall about it . He definitively blames the council though.
    - 1 new alien: The Sugi, I nearly forgot there was an Amani in RotJ though it wouldn't hurt to note this is the first appearance of one in the show.
    - The first episode is basically Obi-Wan and Anakin playing detectives. Loved it. Then it's them walking through plains.
    - Anakin struggling to connect with animals compared to Ezra in Rebels.
    - Grievous is back and they're trying very hard to not let Anakin see him.
    - It's heavily implied the giant kyber crystal is what is used on the Death Star. Also a mention of the Sith and Jedi fighting for control of the galaxy.
    - Anakin telling Obi-Wan to calm down and then Yoda calling him "cavalier". Obi-Wan waving to Grievous. The Yavin Code. [face_laugh]
    - The ending is very reminiscent of Anakin destroying the Droid Control Ship ship in TPM.
    - "In legends, we often find great truths, Skywalker." -Yoda /" There's always a bit of truth in legends." -Ahsoka [face_thinking]

7/10 Good arc. At least they found a way to get it out for us so I won't be ungrateful. And there still great work from Kevin Kiner so it was ok, not my favorite but good enough.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    There's no actual new music from Kiner in either the Utapau or Bad Batch arcs, all the music featured are from previous episodes.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What I meant is that it is better than just hearing characters talking with no background music which would feel very odd for SW stories in visual medium.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Shadow Warrior
    Total: 417

Mercy Mission
    Total: 417

One of the rare exceptions were no one dies and I think thats what we all would suspect from an episode focused on R2 and C3P0

Nomad Droid
    Total: 426

To me this has to be one of my favorite least liked episodes the clone wars had. I just find everthing about this episode great especially a few things
    • C3P0 straight up kills a dude by crushing him with R2 like what?
    • C3P0 then tries to bring this species democracy by choosing who got the most votes and that fails miserably so they just flee
    • The Two droids end up then visiting a group of people that are being led by a droid that uses his holographic know how to control them until R2 exposes them.
    • They then get caught by pirates and put into a droid fighting arena! This is just to funny.
    • They finally get saved by the Republic and Commander Wolffe's reaction is just priceless.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Darkness On Umbara
    Death: 47
    Total: 473

The General
    Death: 25
    Total: 498

Plan Of Dissent
    Total: 499
    We lose Hardcase in this episode.
    I like How Fives knows about Anakin blowing up the trade federation ship in episode 1. good call back.

Carnage Of Krell
    Death: 38
    Total: 537
    In just 4 episodes there was more deaths then almost entire seasons. Thats crazy.

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

One of the reasons why this story arc is my second favourite from the whole show.

26. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Kidnapped
    Total: 539

Slaves Of The Republic
    Death: 13
    Total: 552

Escape From Kadavo
    Death 559

This arc was pretty good especially that sweet Old Republic Lore with the Zygerian Empire.