main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Forum Member Attending the May 16th Marathon

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by MattZitron, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Paying a silly amount, but i have pretty much confirmed my ticket!!! Whoooo Hooooo!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Badges would be good
    But I'm sure almost everyone who is going to this event is a big SW fan, and I certainly wouldn't mind other SW fans approaching me & asking me things.

But some people don't like it, so wearing a badge is sensible

3. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    anyone in costume?

4. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    About the badges ( should we create a new thread for that?) anyways, I;ll be going ahead with a badge. for now, i summed this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Orn-free/spare%20folder/fanforceuk.jpg]

5. Fal_Zon

Fal_Zon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    DarthVad, I'll be in costume, stnd jedi gear.

I can also bring along a couple of sheets of those Orange 'FanForce UK' badges
    (I have access to a nice HQ colour laser at work :D ) and since it looks like the unofficial meeting place is in the bar at the Regent, I guess they can be distributed there, Sunday evening onwards.

Good idea Orn, I guess we should start up a new thread about badges.

I willing to pre-print some of the badges with FFUK member names, if there is any interest for this?

6. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    what kinda paper? becuase I was gonna print mine of glossy paper ( photo quality) and then laminate it...

im such a nerd [face_laugh]

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "I willing to pre-print some of the badges with FFUK member names, if there is any interest for this?"

Go on. You've twisted my arm. :p

Label should read:

FFUK's Head Troublemaker: The Happy Ninja. :p

8. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    A new thread regarding FFUK badges for the 16th May now exists here

9. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Fal_Zon: the laser printed badges sound good. I will be attending in my Anakin EpIII style outfit, that I prepared for CIII.

A quick question about the Saga, I know these are the hottest tickets around. However, I am now worried that all the action will be in the square;

The Concert
    X-Wings, (and other Star Wars "fighters")
    501st
    QandA with the Stars
    Competitions for Royal Premiere tickets
    and more....

I know it is rumoured that George and Co. will attend Sith at the Saga, but that, has still not been confirmed. Does anyone think us Saga people, may actually miss out on all the fun, I mean UCI don't even have any special Star Wars food available.

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They have a Q+A in the Square?! Wow! Hope that fits in with our breaks but I doubt it!

11. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    i have to stay quiet about this, I think the person who told me had signed an NDA (and I may still get us some benefits for the day), but it sounds like they are planning loads in the square.

Now, I am afraid us marathon people will miss loads. The person i am talking about, said the Saga had a different team working on it, and he had no idea what, if anything special was happening at the saga. From the press statements released by UCI/Fox it seems the film is the only special thing for us.

I really, really hope, we get some special surprises like the people in the Square.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Guess we'll be going outside a lot in the breaks then!

I think we're meant to get Lucas and the cast for ROTS, but still not 100% clear if that's meant to be before or after the film.

13. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Really, I'm happy to exchange the festivities in the square for the chance to see all six movies together. There's only around 1300 of us that are going to be able to do that this Monday.

Anything else that happens on the day is, for me, a bonus.

14. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Seeing star wars back to back with 1,3000 fellows fans is one hell of an experience. I wouldn't miss it for the world. ( however good the acitvies seem outside)

edit:

Whoops, i meant 1,300

15. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    Orn,
    I know your full of an-tici-pation... but I think you may have typed one 0 to many :D

Though would be nice to have 13,000 UK fans altogether.

Roll-on Monday!!

16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm so excited now! Especially as a few more fans are starting to get tickets!

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope Lucas & cast do appear
    There was talk before of Lucas only appearing on screen to introduce the film

18. Fal_Zon

Apr 25, 2005
    Just heard from my brother who was walking past LS when I called him :D He got the last 2 of the 3 still available (or so the box office woman said!!!)

So as of 7:20pm GMT... one more saga ticket left.

The BO woman (hehe) explained that very few of today's tickets were adjacent seating, mainly a spread of single seats.
    So bang goes the manager's claim of A 'group cancelation'!

Anyway glad to hear that the rest of the tickets finally went to true believers.... without the e-bay markup!!!

19. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    We have tickets!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thank you Chris, Jazz and everyone!)

My girlfriend and I will be there! We can't wait!

I'm catching up on all these threads now, I couldn't bare to read them before, they were so depressing without tickets. hehehe.

YAY!

20. XidZenTurres

XidZenTurres Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    I got the ticket also!!(thx Chris) Now I can join to marathon group.

MTFBWY!!!
    Xid

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    No problem guys! Glad I was able to pass this along before it happened (even if it was only just!)

Fal_Zon, yeah the group booking thing had to be BS! How do you have a group booking for 30-40 seats when there was a ticket limit of 4? ;)

22. Si_Snootles

Si_Snootles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jazz is the man!

I can stop avoiding this thread now. I found it too upsetting to read before!

I agree with some of the others. the main thing is going to be seeing the 6 films together. Is probably a one off (especially in this particular order) so anything beyond the films is a bonus.

The atmosphere in the cinema will be electric in comparsion.

I was at the triple bill ROTJ London Fan premiere and that was fantastic. I'm sure this will be even better.

23. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    I cannot attend the sunday meet up, and may not be able to attend breakfast tomorrow. How are we all going to meet up during celebration day.

24. ipadme

ipadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2000
    I won't be needing a name badge as I will be in my costume! Just look for padme in episode one battle clothes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.