main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph For Justice, For Peace, For the Future- We Have Come Home: Babylon 5 (The Road Home animated film)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 3, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    HBO Max ad has an art render I haven't seen before...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    B5 Scrolls has another video posted that was rendered from the original scene files- this time including several seconds from the ends of shots that were trimmed in the edit for the final episode (including some details such as the Minbari cruiser's launch doors lighting up before deploying fighters), with potentially up to 6-7 seconds worth of frames in some instances. This is supposedly the most CGI trimmed in the series in a single episode.

Also, here it's very noticeable, but something that I never notcied is that the Tragati is a differently textured model from the standard Minbari cruiser- as if it has been in a state of disrepair and is sickly:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Follow-up on that CGI file tweet from JMS back in March...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Rebel_Padawan, Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another CG file render test:

Not sure I ever noticed before how the smaller Vorlon craft maneuver in battle- they have the multi-axis movement of a Starfury but without the obvious thrusters and such, as if just manipulating gravity or some such (which is probably what the tech is).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    JMS has continued to post some of his Patreon episode commentaries on his public YouTube, with Signs and Portents now up:

Also, the Blind Wave react channel has a TV show survey open to all viewers to gauge interest in what shows they may add into their react schedule over the next year or so. Even if you don't normally watch react videos, I'd like to advocate that folks here give B5 a vote anyways. My only interest is in further encouraging exposure to the show, and where Blind Wave reacts, other channels often follow.

I doubt it'll rank high enough to happen any time soon, but it's worth a shot :).

Sarge, Nobody145 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This thread showed up just two slots away from the 2021 Deadpool-ish thread and of course I thought, "Uh oh..."

dp4m, Juliet316 and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    dp4m and The2ndQuest like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    And here's a tweet from JMS about it.

Can't say I'm too into Dr. Who, but if this happens I might check it out.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    He'd be the first American showrunner for the long running sci-fi series if things pan out.

12. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I keep mis-reading that as "CONTRACT has been made" and getting really excited.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    TX-20 and Juliet316 like this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Juliet316 likes this.
  16. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    New B5! :-D

On the CW! D-:

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eh, don't worry about the CW...

TX-20 likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The CW! I can’t wait to see Sheridan’s perfectly chiseled chest!

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I love the "none of the original cast are involved" bit.

Yes, well, half of them are dead.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It’ll be interesting to see a version of this story where they focus on a single main character and not have to swap out leads. Especially if it’s merging the whole Valen thing into a singular character arc. Perhaps we’ll get some rendition of the original concept of the B5 destruction vision not being a misinterpreted decommissioning but rather an escape.

Keep in mind that B5 launched on “known for Hercules, Time Trax & Kung-Fu: The Legend Continues” PTENN network and more or less finished on “known for… basketball, I guess?” TNT.

So it airing on “half of us previously made Voyager” CW shouldn’t be that much of a concern. I also don’t believe JMS would compromise things much in that dept (he’s a stubborn SOB ;)), even if he’ll definitely make whatever work.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm filled to the brim with skepticism.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    JMS speaks in this thread:

Nobody145, dp4m and Juliet316 like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    well if he is writing it, I would assume that it wouldn't be a remake but sort of a decades later type of sequel series.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I know he had a lot in mind for later seasons of Crusade. Maybe we'll finally see what that was going to be about.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Claudia chimes in too:

“I know some of you saw the announcement that WB is doing a B5 reboot series and I know you have lots of questions for me like “Are you playing Ivanova?” “Are there going to be telepaths?” “What year is it taking place in?”
    Well folks, I know nothing…..zip…nada. Joe has kept us in the loop from day one on this, because he wants us involved with the show, but we have no idea at this time what's in the script or what the story is. Only Joe knows that for now, so you should go bug him about it. He won't tell you, but the results should be amusing. I personally am grateful that I will, once again, be uttering the great maker’s fabulous dialogue….but I know not what that will entail. Exciting, eh? ”

It’s a total reboot, not a relaunch. Check his Twitter thread embedded above for his full explanation as to why (half the cast being dead is one reason, though).

But he says this will be a Westworld/BSG approach where you keep the evergreen elements and throw everything else into a blender.

He wants to approach it as if he were making B5 for the first time today, with all he’s learned and developed since then. And to hopefully make the series as predictive about our near future as the original series was about our present day. He also aims for the show to push the tech the same way B5 was the first to be shot in widescreen and have 5.1 sound mixes, use all CGI, etc.

EDIT- More from JMS:

Juliet316 likes this.