main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For Such a Time as This (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, others - very AU) - Author's Note 6/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooh, so Obi has visions of some kind. Hehe, loved the bit about babies. :p Yay, Yoda is here! So far he seems very worn, though probably because its harder to manage the Jedi when they're all undercover. [face_worried]

I'm really wondering about Adi now, since she apparently isn't a Jedi, but seems to have a pretty strong feel for the Force. And I wonder what Palpatine thinks of her. [face_thinking]

2. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Just came across this one and I am certainly hooked! The characterizations are great and the twists in the story are wonderful. I'm real interested in seeing jush how this version plays out, excellent AU!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting that Palpatine was so very helpful when the attack came. Luckily the Chancellor had Adi there to foil the plot.

I'm wondering what Yoda and Qui-Gon are talking about....[face_thinking]

Looking forward to more.

4. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Poor Obi. Seeing things as they happen far away. :\ Not exactly what anyone would want to see while asleep. Good thing Adi was there to save the Chancellor. And Palpatine. Bah. I never liked him. :D

Yeah, I'm rooting for an Obi baby. hehehehe.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing as Katy; I smell trouble and maybe even a rat named Palpy

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Palpy's up to his old tricks I see. And Yay! Yoda!

I wonder if Obi's going to bring up Adi, and if they'll have Obi approach her about joining the Order (certainly there's no age limit in this universe right? :) )

Will there still be a blockade of a certain planet who gave birth to a certain Emperor?

Will Anakin show up?

Done with feedback.

7. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Hey, here's a nasty thought [face_devil]

What if Adi is working for Palps??

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Great chapter! =D= So Obi?s dreams are coming true, eh? ::shudder:: That can?t be good, especially considering how bad they seem to be. But yay for Gallia! She?s a tough cookie, all right.

The part with the baby crying was eerie. Nice job. And the part with them wanting to hold onto a piece of their history, that was cool. I can definitely see how that would be reassuring, with how they have to constantly hide the most important aspect of themselves. It must be hard.

I enjoyed seeing Yoda, though he seems a little more physically broken down than in canon. At least he?s understanding. And he seems to have a special connection to Obi, that?s always good. [face_love]

And, btw, I can?t resist the idea of Jedi in loving families either. :D

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm with o_e on this, I like Obi-Wan just fine the way he is! =P~

But the chapter was great! :D

10. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Now I'm wondering again about Adi in this. Is she a Jedi or isn't she? :D

Guess I'm going to have to keep tuning in. ;)

Excellent post. :)

11. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    oooh!

Yeah, I'm bad, I know. I just barely took the time to catch up on this story, and I was missing something! This is so good, I can barely contain myself!

I love it, Master_Noi! Keep writing and update SOON!

-Krystal

12. Tweets

Tweets Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    I love this AU!!! [face_love]

I love the idea that the Jedi are encouraged to marry to have family units to raise future Jedi children. I hope there turns out to be someone out there for Obi-Wan. ;) :D And a future obitot would be great. ;) :D

13. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I caught up Noi! I really like where this story is going! I knew that Adi would have more to do! Can't wait for more! I am sooo glad this is going to be a long one!

14. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Well, I just read all of the seven chapters. This is really very interesting Noi. I am enjoying the way you've set things up. I am wondering at how they are going to find Anakin, which I am assuming they will. Hopefully he'll do better with this Order.

15. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow, lots of new faces. Welcome!

Kynstar

Hehehe Palps has a way with the Senate all right. He sure does know what makes them tick.;)

raisedbywolves

He never did strike me as a big romancer *dodges the vegetables* so it's nice to see him "married to the Order" and reluctant about love. You may even be able to get me cheering if he does find the right girl. No vegetables from me. I have always seen him as married to the Order. We'll have to see what's in store for him.

LuvEwan

That little snippet of the scene wasn't in the first draft and I just couldn't resist a little talk about when he was a baby.

DarthMoushe

The fact that the characters parallel their canon ones so well makes it fun to guess about where the story is going. And you have a lovely turn of phrase. Thanks. :) It is fun thinking about where this will go and how this different Order will interact.

Your vignette sounds interesting. I look forward to reading it. ;)

obi-ew

The plot thickens - Just a little bit. [face_mischief] And I figured, no babies for Obi for you. :p

katydidnt

What is fascinating is that I think these Jedi are wiser than their counterparts in the universe we know, but because of the hidden nature of their order they are not necessarily able to do more, despite their greater wisdom.

Very interesting. Yes, they are wiser but not in a real position to apply that wisdom. There will be more on this coming. There is some disagreement on what the true objective of the Order should be.

Oh, I can certainly tell you've read Cloak of Deception good book that. Yes I have - a good book. I've actually had to go back and skim through parts of it to remember specifics.

I promise, more on Adi later.

Jedi_Tigris

So far he seems very worn, though probably because its harder to manage the Jedi when they're all undercover. It is harder to manage them, because the elders aren't all in the same place. He is also seeing much on his own.

And I wonder what Palpatine thinks of her. Well, she hasn't really gotten in his way or done anything to tick him off ... yet.

Shadowolf

I'm real interested in seeing jush how this version plays out, excellent AU! Thanks! I am having a lot of fun weaving this AU together.

diane

I'm wondering what Yoda and Qui-Gon are talking about.... Ask and you will receive. Okay, not always, better put some disclaimers on that. :p

Errine23

Not exactly what anyone would want to see while asleep. No, poor guy needs to get some quality sleep soon.

Kitara

I smell trouble and maybe even a rat named Palpy. I can assure you - he is up to no good. [face_devil]

Juliet316

Everyone is happy to see Yoda. Maybe it's just not the Jedi Order without Yoda.

I wonder if Obi's going to bring up Adi. I think he is beginning to feel he should.

Will there still be a blockade of a certain planet who gave birth to a certain Emperor?
    Will Anakin show up?

All questions will be answered in time, but events are moving along just as they should be.

maychorian

That can?t be good, especially considering how bad they seem to be. Yeah, nobody minds good dreams coming true.

And the part with them wanting to hold onto a piece of their history, that was cool. I can definitely see how that would be reassuring, with how they have to constantly hide the most important aspect of themselves. It must be hard. Yeah it is hard - never being able to say who they really are or share what they are about.

VaderLVR

Everyone will have to wait to see what is in Obi-Wan's future. I think if I took a vote those who want babies would be pretty equal to those who like him as is. 8-}

Jedikma

Is she a Jedi or isn't she? You will have to keep tuning in, but I promise I will answer that.

16. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 8

Yoda stared across the table at the boy who was poking at the bowl of pale green mush with his spoon, acting as though something living were going to emerge and attack him. The small master watched with amusement as he hesitantly picked up a tiny bit with the spoon and brought it to his lips, dabbing at it with his tongue. He grimaced momentarily before seeming to gain enough resolve to swallow the contents. He quickly drank heavily from the glass of water sitting beside him and placed the spoon back down on the table.

?A problem you have?? Master Yoda inquired.

?I?m just not very hungry,? the boy replied politely as he looked up with clear, penetrating blue eyes.

?Always hungry growing boys are. I sense that favor my cooking you do not.?

The boy bowed his head, heat rising in reddening cheeks. ?I?m sorry, Master Yoda. It just tastes strange.?

?At least honest you are. Most others eat and complain later of my food amongst themselves. Know this I do.? He heard a small chuckle from the boy. ?No matter. Not here to eat you are ? spoken with your father I have. Many questions you have and now that a padawan you are attempt to answer them I will.? The small master settled back into his chair. ?Close your eyes, reach out with your senses ? what see you??

He sensed the boy?s powerful mind delve into the swiftly moving currents if the Force, taking it in and losing himself within its warmth and brilliance. ?The Force, Master,? he replied with joy as a bright, peaceful radiance settled over him.

?Yes, there is the Force. Look further, beyond.?

Small eyes squinted in concentration before relaxing. ?No, I only see the Force.? He opened his eyes. There was no uncertainty, no hesitancy ? only a self-assured thirteen year old Qui-Gon Jinn.

Master Yoda inclined his head, bringing clawed hands together. ?Be mindful of the future ? look further you must.?

?Buy why?? Qui-Gon quickly protested. The boy?s jaw was set and his hands clenched tightly. His father was right; the boy was indeed stubborn, set in his beliefs at such a young age. ?Master Yoda, you are the oldest and wisest of the Jedi, but do you trust the Force??

The small master?s eyes widened, his ears perking up as he considered the question as much as the boy?s boldness in asking it. ?Trust it I do. Hope that all Jedi trust the Force.?

?Then why is foresight important. You say the future is always in motion, so wouldn?t it be correct to say that if we follow the Force in each moment we shouldn?t need to worry about the future.?

Master Yoda grew quiet before responding. ?Great faith you have in the Force, Young Qui-Gon. Glad I am for that. Show us possible futures the Force does. Foresight ?visions it gives. Why show us this if pay attention we should not. If the Force speaks, even of the future, should we not listen??

Qui-Gon sat at the same table in Master Yoda?s quarters where he had sat as a thirteen year old boy, and many times since then. He was older, he hoped wiser, though he sometimes found there was much that was a mystery to him. He hadn?t lost an ounce of his stubbornness and conviction, but had gained the grace to listen and at least consider what the aging master said. He shifted long legs that were folded and crammed under the small table. He had obviously grown in size also.

Master Yoda was older as well, evidenced by the lines and creases on his face that seemed to grow deeper and more numerous every visit. Today he seemed troubled, more pensive than usual and Qui-Gon hoped he would confide in him.

Qui-Gon had grown from padawan to knight and knight to master. The two had never found resolution to their differing viewpoints, conceding over the years that their giftings represented different ends of a spectrum. While they were different, both were necessary, but it hadn?t been easy. Master Yoda in many ways was the Jedi Order. He carried their past through wisdom and experience and through his strength in the Unifying Force saw much in the po

17. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Oh, Yoda. At least he learned how to make sandwiches. Nice addition, Noi.

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great once more! :D Glad Qui and Yoda both believe Obi ready for Knighthood :D

Now they know of his dreams of him and Qui fighting a Sith. Now that could become interesting :D Can't wait for more!

19. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Ooh, so Obi gets to become a senator for sure!

I still say he should watch his back around Adi but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Liked Yoda's cooking and his mini table!

20. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    I love the flashback to Qui-Gon & Master Yoda, even as a young teen Qui-Gon had his own ideas about the Force and how he should work with it!

Obi-Wan sounded so surprised about his potential knighting, doesn't he think he's ready?

21. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Gods, I'm missing updates left, right and center. But I'm so glad I caught up with this now - it was beautiful. Starting with Obi and the baby (and darn right he's married to the Order!), Qui-Gon's concern, Obi's visions, Master Yoda's foresight - I love the tiny touches. The part where everyone steps off on Dantooine was so very very realistic.

And now Obi's to be a knight. Wow.

I'm loving this!

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I love this more and more. The exchange between Qui - Gon and Yoda was poignant. And they've decided it's time for Obi - Wan to be come a knight!

But I hope this part wasn't a foreshadowing of Qui's death.

More soon?

23. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Yay a post. That was a realy good post. I liked how you got Cloak of Deception in to the story that was very unique. But everything so far in this story is unique. So Adi is a senitor thats a twist I hope she teams up with obi. I can't wait for the next post keep of the good work.

24. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Ooo....and the shadows build.

Please don't kill Qui-Gon. Obi would miss him ever so much. :(

25. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Every time I think I get caught up, I get further and further behind! :D Still here, Noi! Doing my best to catch up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.