main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Love of the Queen-Story Completed (7/11) Special Note!!! (7/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    AP4EVER

AS expected, the Nute as slipped away from justice. Thanks to We-All-Know-Who.

Palpy does behind the scenes actions extremely well :D.

BS! Not only would they've lost their planet, others would sure follow and countless more would suffer. Hardly a 'peaceful' alternative.

As always..a matter dependent on viewpoints.

Exactly! Listen to your hus...uh...fian...ummm...boyfri...eh. Ah! Just listen to Anakin.

Damn I'm getting impatient.

Patience, my friend. Patience. It will happen :D.

Oh boy, just when we thought the day couldn't get much worse...it does. Who shot them down? And for what purpose?...Other than the obvious.

All I can say for now is that they weren't 'shot' down. However, as always, everything will be revealed in time.

And Obi-Wan's life just seems to be becoming more complicated by the minute. I don't envy his position. The selfish part of me wants Obi-Wan to choose Sabe over the Jedi, but the rational side of me knows that his job as a Jedi is far from over and that Jacen, the Jedi, and even Anakin...need him.

Still don't envy him though.

He's definitely in a pickle; no doubt about that. We shall see how he decideds to handle it.

Thanks so much for reading!

Geo3

You know when it?s summer and you go out for ice cream and you think you?re just going to get a simple cone or something, but then there?s this HUGE menu and all those flavors and everything has nuts and sprinkles and stuff, and before you know it somebody is handing you a tub stuffed full of all kinds of textures and flavors and you just KNOW you?re going to gobble it all?

Well, that?s kind of what it?s like reading this story. You give so much with each chapter that I feel downright? gluttonous!

WOW! I think that is the most vivid review I've ever received. My thanks and I'm thrilled to know that you feel that each chapter is rich with detail and content.

This chapter really resonated with the weight of Padmé?s sadness --- it?s there at the beginning and you circle back around to it at the end.

I definitely enjoy symmetry ;)

I particularly love the way you use her unaccustomed and very deep uncertainty as Anakin?s vantage point for stepping forward into a new role where she is concerned. Their cautious, delicate dance is just beautiful, and so REAL. Bravo!

I'm thrilled to know you like the approach to their relationship. With them, more or less, growing up together and experiencing some hardships, it has had a profound impact and a definite change to the version of events we are all familiar with. Look for more surprises in upcoming chapters.

And then? cliffie!!!!...Oh, this is going to be good? * rubs hands together*

:D

Obi-Wan?s inner conflict is also very moving and insightfully done. I?m keeping my eye on the ?rise of Mandalore? plotline, too. That?s so interesting!

The universe is always bubbling with possibilities. Look for more soon!

Thanks so much for reading and again for all your wonderful insight. I truly appreciate it!

Timerift22:

please put me on the PM list

Added! Welcome to the thread!

when did obi and sabe get married which chap? id like to get caught up

Actually, it was at the end of The Naboo Chronicles when that event occurred. It is the first story in the series.

Darksideyesplease:

Well we all know Nute was going to get off, but you did a nice job showing the frustrations of Padme and Anakin consoling her.

Thanks and yes, since Nute has someone working in his corner in spite of his knowledge, it was a foregone conclusion.

And he almost told her that he loved her, almost there, but there is always an interruption, as seen at the end of the chapter as well. They are getting awfully 'flirty' in some situations, which is a good thing =)

Things are certainly moving along. Hopefully they won't keep us in suspense for too much longer.

2. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Here's the next update. My apologies for its delay. DRL is being extremely uncooperative these days. Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 6: Professions of Devotion.

A dull ache at the back of her head welcomed Padmé back to consciousness. She winced painfully as she sat up slowly to regain her wits. The cabin was filled with darkness except for occasional sparks jumping out from the control panels. Intense fear suddenly filled her when she glanced over at Anakin?s pilot seat, but it was no longer there. Instead, a mangled mess of wires and bulkhead occupied its space. Jumping to her feet, Padmé frantically pushed aside the piles of debris in order to find him.

?Anakin!? She cried out.

A muted groan from underneath an overturned console caught her attention. Quickly, she ran over and removed it. Kneeling down by Anakin?s head, she cradled it as she asked worriedly, ?Are you alright??

?Remind me never to try landing without power ever again,? he groaned.

?Are you hurt??

Anakin flexed both his arms and legs prior to sitting up. ?Only my pride.? Turning fast in her direction and with a look of concern, he asked. ?Are you injured??

?I think I?m a little bruised, but I?ll be fine.? Glancing down at the rest of the ship, Padmé noticed that it was barely intact. ?Do we have any way of knowing where we are??

Anakin hopped onto his feet. Making his way to the navicomputer, he punched the screen several times before he finally resorted to hitting it with the bottom of his fist. ?Blasted thing is completely out.? He then nervously ran his hand through his hair as he thought for a moment. Snapping his fingers, he then said, ?I can try to reroute power from the emergency cells that I keep below deck. They should have enough charge to get the navicomputer back online. And then with a little luck, I can fix the com relays and the remaining power should be enough for us to send a signal to Naboo. ?

Rubbing her arms to generate some warmth, Padmé moved to his side. ?I think we have more pressing concerns.?

?What do you mean??

Suddenly shivering, she released a deep breath, which was visible as it hung in the air. ?Wherever this is, it seems to be getting cold rather quickly.?

A worried looked instantly filled his features. ?I?ll get below deck and see if I can get the environmental systems operational first,? he said, making his way towards the maintenance hatch. ?Then we can worry about finding where in the blazes we?ve landed.? Anakin was about to head down when he looked back in her direction, staring wordlessly.

Padmé was cold, scared and didn?t want to be left alone. Almost as if he had read her thoughts, he cracked a brief smile. ?I?m going to need your help transferring the connections from the main power junctions. Hopefully moving around will keep us both warm until the heating coils are reactivated and??

Padmé didn?t let him finish his invitation as she had already dashed behind him, urging him to head below deck. She silently prayed that the ship hadn?t been too damaged during the crash. Otherwise, their situation was likely to become a whole lot worse.

Even in the middle of the desert, she felt an eerie chill.

Siri had heard the stories of Jedi who had ventured to Korriban. In each one, the circumstances differed, but the experiences were nearly the same. It was cold and filled with darkness. She trembled as she realized that they were only on one of Korriban?s moons and not the surface of the planet. Had she gotten her way, Siri would not have allowed Ferus to accompany her. He was far too young to be exposed to such a dark place. However, the Council had disagreed, and for once, she was glad they had.

Trying to avoid thoughts of Master Yaddle?s end, when she and Ferris approached the ruin site, Siri focused the Force around the pile of collapsed rubble. The Republic?s archeological team that had unearthed the tomb, had returned to clear most of the debris caused by the cave in. Presently, the tomb was accessibl

3. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    True love at last!! I wonder how Obi-Wan will feel about this?

4. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *squees* Aww! A/P mush!! [face_love] [face_love] Beautiful! But they're in trouble too! Eep!

Great update, Rev! :D And we got to see Ellisé Bibble again! *cheers* Love it when we see the supporting characters! :)

AQ

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool! thanks for the PM

6. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Yaaaaay!

Good Anakin/Padme romance! I love it. It isn't mushy, it isn't fake... perfect. [face_love] I was so thrilled to see them profess their love for each other, knowing that they've been in love for so very long. I almost want them to get to stay together in the secrecy, even though I know that something scary is going down.

Siri and Ferus finding this Sith scepter in a crypt? Oooooh--that sounds highly intriguing, especially since it had so many booby traps around it that caused a cave collapse.

And whatever trouble Anakin and Padme are in, it is so bad that they had to pull out the BIG ships. Oh dear... I can't wait to find out what it all is, though. And I look forward highly to any A/P romance I can get in between. :D

Loved it, Rev. Much =D= I have this thing for wonderful, plot-moving A/P romance, and you certainly delivered. Can't wait for the next update.

7. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes! They've finally admitted it! Yay!

8. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    This one feels that Siri is a smidge too interested in the onyx statue (of Freedon Nadd? :D )...

And kudos to Ani for gettin' laid :cool: [face_laugh]

9. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    well that was a great chapter!=D=
    Anakin and Padme finally got some time alone.. That part was very sweet! [face_blush] made me giggle like a 13yr old.. hee hee.. incidentally.. how old is anakin in this fic??

Meanwhile, they are in trouble? Apart from being marooned in the chilly wilderness sharing body heat, (and does that really consitute a bad thing?), this mysterious magnetic field wasn't just a freak occurance? Hmm.. interesting. A pity about anakin's ship :(

The new ships that Ellisé is designing for the naboo is also a very interesting plot point, i like that they are developing a military, i haven't seen that in a fic before.

And the sith tomb aspect is also intriging...

I'll be very interested to see how this all comes together, thanks for the pm!:D

10. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Great chapter!

I wonder exactly what this grave danger actually is...

11. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    I liked it very much, finally the A/P romance has started. I look forward to the rescue and more.

seeya

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Anakin turned away from her, folding his arms snugly against his chest. Incensed by his silence, Padmé stormed over to face him once again. ?Tell me, please!?

?Because I?m in love with you!? Anakin leaned down to look her straight in the eyes. ?You literally flew down from the stars and saved me from a fate worse than death. You gave me this new life, for which I will eternally be grateful.? He paused briefly. ?You stood up for me when the Jedi wanted to take me away and you?ve always believed in me. That and for a thousand other reasons is why I can see past your faults!?

?And I am in love with you also!? Padmé replied without hesitation. ?But that should mean we should always be honest with each other, even when it isn?t what we think the other wants to hear.?

Anakin staggered backwards with a look of bewilderment. ?You?re in love with me??

Yea!! Finally! [face_love] [face_love] I'm a sucker for A/P romance, and that was just perfect! *sighs contentedly*

But what sort of trouble are they in that Ilianya is willing to take an untested ship to find them? [face_worried] Is there more to their crash than meets the eye?

And as for Siri, this object she found has me quite concerned.

Wow! This update had it all - mystery, romance, action. Loved it!! =D= =D=

13. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    wow after the tease in the last chapter, i wasn't expecting the truth to finally come out but I'm glad it did and you handled it so great. it wasn't rushed, it was perfectly drawn out over your story and now they have plenty of time to fall even deeper in love!

Now only got to save them, but I figure they'll keep each other warm.

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely A/P mushy sweetness! [face_love]

Anakin turned away from her, folding his arms snugly against his chest. Incensed by his silence, Padmé stormed over to face him once again. ?Tell me, please!?

?Because I?m in love with you!? Anakin leaned down to look her straight in the eyes. ?You literally flew down from the stars and saved me from a fate worse than death. You gave me this new life, for which I will eternally be grateful.? He paused briefly. ?You stood up for me when the Jedi wanted to take me away and you?ve always believed in me. That and for a thousand other reasons is why I can see past your faults!?

?And I am in love with you also!? Padmé replied without hesitation. ?But that should mean we should always be honest with each other, even when it isn?t what we think the other wants to hear.?

Anakin staggered backwards with a look of bewilderment. ?You?re in love with me??

Padmé blinked.

I think they're BOTH surprised! [face_laugh]

=D=

15. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    [face_dancing] Yay, they finally confessed their feeling for one another. I?m so happy:). And then the A/P mush [face_love], and I love Ani, he was so sweet [face_love] [face_love] [face_love].

Amazing update as always=D= and thanks for the pm[:D].

16. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Ok! Ok! The A/P rocks - really! You know that! So - I'll come back to it in a minute!

[face_cowboy] (read as fedora)

Even in the middle of the desert, she felt an eerie chill.

[face_skull] <whispers> yes!

The granite door made a loud rumble as the screeching cries of the metal gears echoed throughout the chamber. It slowly retracted up into the ceiling, revealing a small, elaborately decorated room. Unlike the chamber they were standing in, this one was made out of pure gold.

OOohhh!:D

The scepter appeared slightly longer than a lightsaber and was significantly thicker. A round red gem projected from its front while a trail of diamonds extended down the length. Both Jedi winced when they neared it

[face_skull] (again - I know - I'm getting repetitious)

She then reached over and pulled the golden rod away from the statue.

?What are you doing?? Ferus cried out.

Carefully inspecting the artifact, Siri could feel it slightly vibrating from within. She was about to address Ferus? question when suddenly the room jolted.

?What was that??

?No time for questions!? Siri yelled, tucking the object into her belt while grabbing Ferus? arm on her way out of the room. ?Run!?

Hahahaha! Indiana Siri! Cool! That is to say - I liked that![face_mischief]

[face_cowboy]

Ok, the rest of the post was equally awesome. Of course Anakin and Padmé were delightful. I loved the way they announced their love in an argument and it took them a moment to realize what they were saying to each other! Especially Padmé. I get the feeling Anakin may have rehearsed this in his mind a few times.:p

Padmé blinked.

They are too dear![face_love]

And then we have Ilianya and - oh yeah! The plot! I got so caught up in the sweets that I almost forgot the meat!

?Let me run a few scans and if they check out, I?ll prep the ship for take off.?

?Do whatever you need to accomplish, but hurry,? Ilianya urged. ?Time is against us.?

Oh boy! :eek:

17. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?Are you hurt??

Anakin flexed both his arms and legs prior to sitting up. ?Only my pride.?

Thank the Force they didn't suffer any serious injuries. But what about the elements?

?Wherever this is, it seems to be getting cold rather quickly.?

Dear Lord, they didn't land on Hoth, did they?

Siri and Ferus fell onto the sand, trying to catch their breath as they watched the remains of the Sith crypt implode.

Well, they escaped with their lives and they retrieved an artifact that apparently kept the temple 'together' so to speak.

I wonder what mysteries and secrets this artifact will reveil.

?The Angel is beyond repair.?

What a shame.

?Why can?t you ever admit when I?m wrong, Anakin?? Padmé asked through clenched teeth in frustration.

Oh boy, they're not even grounded for a day, and all ready tensions are mounting.

?Tell me, please!?

?Because I?m in love with you!?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

...Shhh! I'm waiting to see what happens next...

?And I am in love with you also!? Padmé replied without hesitation.

...I like, no, LOVE what I am seeing...:D

Yes!

?Yes, Ani.? She softly acknowledged before swallowing. ?I love you?with all my heart and soul.?

Yes!!

It seemed as if time stopped. There was nothing else in the universe except the two of them and the endless possibilities of their love.

[face_dancing] :) Hallelujah!!!:D [face_dancing]

Ilianya caught a trace of both Anakin?s and Padmé?s presences. They were relatively unharmed, but seemed unaware of the grave danger they were in.

Ah great, just when celebration was in order.

"?I?ve never slept in the same bed with anybody else except my mother and that obviously doesn?t count. And, I also know all too well Naboovian traditions and?I didn?t want to do anything disrespectful.?

Although I never doubted it before, it's still nice to see that Anakin is a man of honor.

?You could never do anything to disgrace me.?

But, uh... no comment.

=D= A simply marvelous, and highly appreciated (for obvious reasons) post, Master Rev. Can't wait to read more, especially concerning what kind of danger A&P are in for.:D

18. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Thanks for the update post again soon.

19. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Just got caught up with this fic.

I hope that Siri can rescue Dahlia before it's too late. I think Dahlia isn't totally lost, as Palpatine hasn't been working on her for over ten years tbe way he did with Anakin. More like she's just looking for an escape route and likely has no idea just what the Sith are about.

As for Obi-Wan's situation, I think that Yoda and Mace know exactly what has been going on in his life (both professionally and personally).

What planet did Anakin and Sabe crash on? It wasn't Hoth, by any chance? If Padme is feeling cold, imagine what Anakin is going through. He lived the first nine years of his life on a desert planet and then has spent the years following that in a more or less tropical environment.

Oh, and as for Shmi being back on Tatooine...That does pose a risk. However, even if something should happen to her, I think Anakin could handle it much better now. For starters, he knows that she's there by choice. She wanted to marry Clieg and move back to Tatooine. It's not like he feels he let her down now.

Can't wait for the next post.

20. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Ladynaye

True love at last!! I wonder how Obi-Wan will feel about this?

Well, given that he is married, don't think he would have much of an issue with it. Still, with Obi-Wan, you never know ;). Thanks so much for reading!

AngelQueen

*squees* Aww! A/P mush!! Beautiful! But they're in trouble too! Eep!

Gotta have a little sour with the sweet. Glad you liked it though.

And we got to see Ellisé Bibble again! *cheers* Love it when we see the supporting characters! happy

Happy to know you like Ellise. We shall be seeing more of her in future chapters. Thanks for reading!

G_Anakin

Luna_Nightshade

Good Anakin/Padme romance! I love it. It isn't mushy, it isn't fake... perfect.

Thank you so much. One of many main purposes of writing this series was to make their relationship much more realistic and while flowery words and proclimations are great, I really wanted to explore their actions more than what they say.

I was so thrilled to see them profess their love for each other, knowing that they've been in love for so very long. I almost want them to get to stay together in the secrecy, even though I know that something scary is going down.

It would be nice if they could stay in their little hideaway, but the galaxy never seems to accomdate them.

Siri and Ferus finding this Sith scepter in a crypt? Oooooh--that sounds highly intriguing, especially since it had so many booby traps around it that caused a cave collapse.

Frightening part of that segment is that they don't even know what they have in their hands..yet ;).

And whatever trouble Anakin and Padme are in, it is so bad that they had to pull out the BIG ships. Oh dear... I can't wait to find out what it all is, though. And I look forward highly to any A/P romance I can get in between.

The fun has only started. Still, there will be some more mush. I promise ;).

Loved it, Rev. Much I have this thing for wonderful, plot-moving A/P romance, and you certainly delivered. Can't wait for the next update.

I really appreciate that. Thank so much for reading and am looking forward to your next update as well ;).

Jazz_Skywalker

Yes! They've finally admitted it! Yay!

About time, no? However, things can't always be THAT simple. Thanks for reading!

Josh_Halcyon

This one feels that Siri is a smidge too interested in the onyx statue (of Freedon Nadd?)

Perhaps. :D. The statue though wasn't of Freedon Nadd, but another ancient Sith...but we haven't find out yet who ;). As for Anakin and Padme, they are definitely nowhere near that point. It was a choir just to admit how they feel.

Thanks for reading!

Satanat_Solo

Anakin and Padme finally got some time alone.. That part was very sweet! made me giggle like a 13yr old.. hee hee.. incidentally.. how old is anakin in this fic??

He is about to turn 18 within a few weeks, more or less. Glad you loved the mush. Nice that they got some time alone together, despite the circumstances.

Meanwhile, they are in trouble? Apart from being marooned in the chilly wilderness sharing body heat, (and does that really consitute a bad thing?), this mysterious magnetic field wasn't just a freak occurance? Hmm.. interesting. A pity about anakin's ship

The disturbance was definitely not random; however, where it came from will be addressed in the next chapter. Sharing body heat is probably not a bad thing, but I'm afraid their problems are only just beginning. And yes, I agree that I too am sad to see the Angel Queen meet with an abrupt end. It definitely wasn't my intention when I did the original outline; but, you know how evil subplot bunnies can be. :D

The new ships that Ellisé is designing for the naboo is also a very interesting plot point, i like that they are developing a military, i haven't seen that in a fic before.

I'm glad you like this development. It was

21. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Lovely update, I loved the ani/padme mush. =D=

22. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Well, Dahlia is at the mercy of Palpatine's manipulations. However, Anakin was able to overcome over thirty years of that type of treatment and see the truth. If Siri (or anyone) can get to her in time, I think Dahlia will come through alright.

I think the Council knows about Obi-Wan's private life, as they're already well aware of Anakin being trained "in secret" all this time.

Anakin, I think, would definitely be feeling the cold a lot. On the plus side, he has Padme there to keep him warm. Also...he'll soon learn the fun of spelling your name in the snow. :D.

Obi-Wan's reaction should be interesting when he learns of this development. However, as he's married to Sabe, he's really in no position to say anything.

23. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Darth-Buddy: Thanks so very much. Glad to know you liked the mush.

TorontoJediMaster:

Well, Dahlia is at the mercy of Palpatine's manipulations. However, Anakin was able to overcome over thirty years of that type of treatment and see the truth. If Siri (or anyone) can get to her in time, I think Dahlia will come through alright.

Anything is possible. ;).

I think the Council knows about Obi-Wan's private life, as they're already well aware of Anakin being trained "in secret" all this time.

We shall see :D.

Anakin, I think, would definitely be feeling the cold a lot. On the plus side, he has Padme there to keep him warm. Also...he'll soon learn the fun of spelling your name in the snow.

Heh. I would definitely trade places with him ;).

Obi-Wan's reaction should be interesting when he learns of this development. However, as he's married to Sabe, he's really in no position to say anything.

I agree. Plus, he does have several other things occupying his thoughts of late.

Thanks so much for your comments. Look for more soon!

24. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Hello everybody and welcome back to another chapter of our story. My apologies for the delay in post, but chalk another one up to DRL. Anyhow, hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 7 part 1: Trials and Circumstances

Fires blaze throughout the room while I desperately seek escape. Cavernous explosions echo painfully in my ears with the floor trembling underneath my feet. With panic overtaking my senses and the thick smoke filling my lungs, I look over to see the sinister face of death sneering. The void has come to lay claim on my mortality, and yet I continue to struggle, fighting against the inevitable. Even in this, my darkest hour, I am filled with hope?it is like a warm, almost blinding light, which surrounds and protects me from all harm.

However, it does not last.

The luminous glow is suddenly stomped into oblivion. The stalking presence that had made itself known only moments prior glares hungrily at me, but shifts its murderous intention instead towards the light of lights. I try to scream, but something stops me. A force, both strong and unrelenting, suspends me, despite my struggles. I can feel my body being pulled away. I cannot allow my hope to die, but I am powerless to stop it.

A bright flash of light nearly blinds me.

Nothingness follows?.

I am forever empty?

Darting up from the small bunk, Padmé placed her hand over her chest as she tried to catch her breath. Her anxiety further intensified when she noticed that Anakin?s side of their bunk was empty. Feeling that she might hyperventilate, Padmé closed her eyes, focusing her thoughts away from her nightmare onto something more pleasant. She quickly found herself reflecting upon the previous night and how comforting it had been to fall asleep within the arms of the young man she loved.

Padmé couldn?t help smiling at the memory. Her anxiety eased.

At that same moment, Anakin rushed into the room. ?Are you alright??

?I am now,? Padmé smiled wearily.

?You sure??

?It was just a bad dream?I?ll be fine,? she insisted, reassuring herself more than him.

Anakin?s eyes narrowed momentarily, as if he didn?t believe her. But then his lopsided smile quickly lit up his face. ?Well, now that you?re up, we can have first meal together.?

?You cooked?? Padmé asked in amazement.

?Before I lived in the Palace, I knew how to fend for myself,? Anakin responded with feigned indignation.

Padmé rolled her eyes. ?I know that. I meant how did you do it?

?I used the blow torch that I use to weld durasteel to warm up our rations.? He paused briefly, his smile widening to wicked. ?Of course it isn?t cuisine fit for a queen, but I do think that my preparations are most impressive, given the circumstances.?

?I think at this point, I?m so hungry, I could eat the hyperdrive,? Padmé chuckled.

?That could be arranged,? he said with a serious look. ?Might take some time to melt it down, but I think...?

Padmé playfully slapped his shoulder while rising from the bunk. ?Too much chattering, not enough eating.?

?Then after you, my Queen.?

Even the mundane felt good.

Jaden couldn?t help the smiling while putting away his extra pair of trousers. The Telosian physicians had finally given him clearance to return home to the Temple on Coruscant. He had missed his friends dearly, and he would need their support in the difficult times ahead. Jaden didn?t know what would happen to him upon his arrival. Would the Council find him another master? Or would he be sent to the AgriCorps with the other unwanted and unworthy students?

He released a long, uncertain sigh while tossing his spare tunic into his knapsack. Surely they would not do that to him? After all, he had been the first student Master Yaddle had taken in over a century.

That had to count for something.

Shaking his head, Jaden reached for his neatly hanging robe when he caught sight of Master Kenobi leaning against the doorframe. Trying desperately

25. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh no, how could you leave us hanging there? GRRR ARRG! And just prior there was some Ani Padme lovin going on. With Jaden now becoming Obi Wan's new padawan, has he and Anakin's 'bond' evaporated, since he didn't 'feel' Anakin and the Angel Queen's predicament? Or is it just Ilyriana because after all, she may possibly 'be' the force itself? So many questions that will hopefully be answered very soon, especially 'above us'!!!

Mo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.