main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Remainder of Your Natural Life - An Anakin short story - AU -Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    KELIA He has his reasons, and he thinks they?re good ones.

Valairy_Scot You?ll see? [face_whistling]

Kestrel_Kenobi Thanks! I will. I?ve got most of it written, just need to ?polish? it a bit.

Gina Because I?m mean and evil. If you don?t believe me, just ask my kids. :p

jedi_princess18 It was pretty bad, and I?ll let you know!

merijune Thank you! And this time I?ll be able to do it since it?s mostly written. ;)

JediStarMoonstruck That?s a pretty good guess. I wonder if it?s right? [face_devil]

michaellover He was a bad, bad boy!

AnakinLuver I will, and thank you for reading!

Amidala66 Thank you! This was a weird idea that came to me while I was listening to the ?Walk the Line? soundtrack. Odd, but true!

Elana You?re right, I might! :p

Jazz_Skywalker Thank you for reading, and yes, the suspense must last a little bit longer!

Daenarrah That?s just the feeling I got from the books, that Obi-Wan knew but didn?t want to put Anakin on the spot. And Anakin suspected Obi-Wan knew, but didn?t want to put him in an awkward situation.

LuvEwan Wow, thanks! [face_blush] Coming from someone of your talent, that sort of overwhelms. You have an unmatched mastery of language. Yes, Obi-Wan is being wonderful, and he will stay that way.

HandmaidenVeme Okay! :D And thank you!

MoAngel Well, as I said, this was a weird little plot bunny that came to me this weekend while traveling. I wouldn?t be surprised if someone has written something similar. We all like to play in George?s sandbox. But I?m pretty sure no one has the ending in mind that I do! ;)

full_moon As I said, he was a naughty Jedi! :p I will PM you!

dianethx Yes, I?m being sneaky! And thank you for reading! [:D]

VA_Parky They?ve told me, but I?m evil so I like that! ;)

hyperspace_police Thank you! :D I?m feeling mean.

DarthIshtar Thank you! I wanted to capture ROTS Obi-Wan as closely as possible.

Japor_Angel As I said, that?s a darn good guess! :D

bmwgurl17 Thanks! I hope you like what?s coming.

Alishu06 I?ll do that! And thanks for reading.

2. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    wow, another great story, can you PM me too please? :D

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    YAH! :D Another wonderful VaderLVR64 story. Please let me know when you'er updating? @};-

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    DarthVaderette I will, and thank you for reading!

leia_naberrie Thanks! :D And I will!

And a big [:D] to Gina for looking over this chapter for me AND letting me use her as a sounding board for the three endings that my muse plopped into my lap! :p

[b]Chapter 2[/b]

Anakin looked up to see Padmé walking in the door. Her cheeks were still damp with the remnants of her tears and he felt his heart clench within him. [i]He[/i] had done this; he had failed to protect the one he loved yet again. His mother had died because of his failure. Would Padmé pay the ultimate price for his weakness, too?

He got to his feet and when the door closed behind her, he embraced her, savoring the feel of her comforting warmth pressed up against him for what would probably be the last time. His hand went to her belly, and he cradled the precious roundness there. ?I?m so sorry, Padmé,? he whispered. ?But I had to do it.?

Her hands cupped his face, her eyes searching his for some truth, some reason behind the madness. ?Why, Anakin? I don?t understand,? she said softly.

Drawing her to the cot, he sat down and pulled her onto his lap, encouraging her to rest her head on his shoulder. She started to weep then, quiet tears of despair, as if her grief had drained her of all her energy and will. ?Shh?? he murmured, tightening his arms around her. ?It?ll be all right,? he promised recklessly, knowing that it would [i]not[/i] be right, not ever again.

?Why did you do it, Anakin?? she whispered against his chest. ?Help me understand why.?

?I can?t tell you, Padmé,? he answered firmly. ?Please don?t ask me again. Just believe me when I say I did what I had to do.?

She pulled away then, her eyes locking with his. ?But-?

One gloved finger against her lips stopped the flow of words, but his action infuriated her. She shoved herself away from him, anger flaring in her eyes. ?Don?t you shush me like I?m a child, Anakin!?

?I?m sorry,? he whispered in a contrite voice. ?But we don?t have much time, and I don?t want to spend it arguing about something that?s already done and over.?

Her brief moment of anger-driven strength disappeared then, and she wilted against him once more. ?Obi-Wan said that?? A fresh sob tore through her and he rocked her gently in his arms. ?He said that you will never leave the Temple again.?

Anakin tilted her head up so that he could gaze into her eyes and he smiled sadly. ?That might not be such a bad thing for the galaxy,? he said, shaking his head. ?Padmé, I feel as if I?m falling out of control. It?s like I?m in a ship that?s damaged, like [i]I?m[/i] damaged. And I?m going to crash, I feel it.? He trembled slightly. ?Maybe I already have. I don?t know anymore.? His voice was beyond exhausted.

?I would catch you,? she whispered, a catch in her voice.

His thumb brushed across her cheek. ?No one can catch me,? he said. ?Not you, not Obi-Wan, not even the whole Jedi Order could help me now.? Anakin?s eyes grew distant. ?I?ve fallen too far and too fast.?

They were silent for a moment, staring at each other. ?What will happen now?? she asked.

He gave a bark of resigned and bitter laughter. ?They?ll hold their Chosen One prisoner,? he answered. ?And they?ll let the galaxy know that the rogue Jedi is safely locked away.? Anakin brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. ?And the galaxy will go on,? he said softly. ?[i]You?ll[/i] go on.? His eyes caught hers. ?You have to promise me that you?ll make a new life for yourself. Take our child to Naboo and raise her there. I want my child to have a childhood, a [i]real[/i] childhood. Make sure she?s happy.?

Already shaking her head in denial, she clutched at his shoulders. ?I can?t do it alone, Anakin! You can?t ask that of me.?

?Of course you can,? he told her. ?Maybe our child will be better off without me ? maybe [i]you?ll[/i] be better off without me.?

?Don?t say that!?

?It?s true, Padmé,? he said. ?I?m not fit to be a father; I?m barely even a human being anymore.?

?Anakin?? s

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, anakin's still being ridiculously secretive on his motivations and that worries me for future posts.

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    ?I would catch you,? she whispered, a catch in her voice.

This broke my heart! :_|

If Anakin is being this secretive about the reasons behind his actions, he must have a very good reason or either he is protecting someone.

Beautifully done, K. [face_love]

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Hmm...I have an idea of what this is all about, but of course I'll have to wait till the end to see if I was right. [face_thinking]

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ack! The suspense is killing me! What in the world did Anakin do? And why won't he let Obi-wan help him?

You are doing a delightful job teasing us, Vadey! I read this post twice already - once to see if the secret had been revealed and then a second time to just plain enjoy it.

Thanks for the PM. I am really enjoying this secretive journey you have us on!

9. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I read prepared this time, tissue in hand. I felt so bad for Anakin and Padmé. For them to be going through this is so sad. He's so set about doing what he feels he has to now that it's actually kind of infuriating. He's being so elusive about everything and all Padmé and Obi-Wan can do is ask what and why. He clearly has his reasons for his actions, whatever they were. The suspense is killing me!

I still have my suspicions about what he did. But only time will tell and give us the truth.

10. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hmmmmm, curious.

Anxious to read what happens next :D

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    As always, you got Anakin and Obi-Wan perfectly... Kriff , I'm sorry for Anakin! :p

My guess is that he took good care of a certain Chancelor, but how did he made that decision? :D

12. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Gah! This is killing me! What did Anakin do? And why does he have to be separated from Padme? :_| (I'm not very accepting of the Force's Will at the moment :p ).

*wrestles with computer screen* Tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Or I'll whack Anakin repeatively on the head! :p

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job with this. I loved that he felt he couldn't even tell Padme about his motives and that he was afraid for her life still. He probably thinks that he's protecting them by not telling them why he did what he did but he needs one person besides himself to know, just in case.

Lovely.

14. ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    It's rare when a post moves me to tears, but this one did. =D= =D= =D=

15. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    So, so sad!!!

16. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    No Obi-Wan can't be a father to the kids- NOOOOOOOOO lol this is great I can't wait to find out what happens, and what Anakin did. Great work!

17. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :_| :mad: Anakin!!! Why don't you tell Obi-wan, why?!!!! And what did he do?!!!! You still haven't answered us that question Vadey!!! lol... This is a really heartbreaking story... for Anakin never to see Padme again, for him not to see their child(children?[face_blush] ) ... this is sooo sad.... I really want to see where this goes[face_praying] Please, oh, please update soon...

Rachel Rose@};-

18. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    How heartbreaking for both Anakin and Padme- it must have been so hard for Anakin to make this decision.

What ever it was he did, it must be really bad for him to not tell Padme.

Thanks for the PM! :)

19. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I like the fact that Anakin is acting mature and responsible in this even though the outcome is tearing him apart. I love how you write Anakin, Padme, and Obi-wan! Your characterization of these 3 are so true to form that it's truly amazing. Whenever I read your stories I always say to myself " why couldn't this of happened..."

Thanks for the PM!

20. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    If it is possible, could I get a PM when you update? Thanks. :D

I'm liking this but the suspense is KILLING me.

bran

21. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm loving this. Anakin can certainly be stubborn now can't he??
    I am anxious to see what he did.

22. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    What a beautiful post - Obi/Ani were written perfectly...I could picture it all happening. Wonderful. The scene with Padme was so moving.

Lovely - please keep the pms coming.

23. babeekim

babeekim Jedi Master

Feb 7, 2006
    your a very powerful writer you know that? you just love to bring on the tears.. its was so heart wrenching, you have a way with words and envoking emotions with your storytelling. you are very gifted. please update soon! and what the hell did he do? i have a hunch but ill leave it to the update, and im not gonna expect a happy ending because you like to make pple cry. jk

24. full_moon

full_moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    Agh! its so frustrating not knowing what he did! and all the hinting ...... gerrrr but i love it! lol
    That chapter was so heartbreaking! poor Padme, not having Anakin to help raise their child.

25. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Me, too. I have a suspicion, which of course I'm not going to reveal. But man, I was bawling at the end there. Poor Anakin, I'm sure that he's right, but that's going to be hard as hell for all of them...

:_| :_| :_|

Thanks for the PM!

jazz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.