main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga For the Remainder of Your Natural Life - An Anakin short story - AU -Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I really hope Anakin knows what he's doing. :(

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?There is a greater good that must be served here, and this is the way it has to be.?

Anakin, Anakin, Anakin - how can leaving your pregnant wife and being locked up be for the best?

However, it's nice to see him putting others before himself.

Great update

[=D= face_applause] =D= =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    DarthIshtar Well they know WHAT he's done, just not why.

Gina [face_whistling] That's all I'm saying.

ThePariah You probably are! :p

VA_Parky What's funny is that I didn't intend to be secretive, the story just sort of wrote itself that way! [face_laugh]

Daenarrah He's Skywalker stubborn. ;)

DarthVaderette I should have the third post up tomorrow, and then there will be one more.

Golden_Jedi [face_whistling]

JediStarMoonstruck I could quote a bunch of Jedi platitudes to you, but instead, I'll just say "I'm not telling!" :D

dianethx He's still got Obi-Wan, but we'll have to see what happens next!

ColdWarrior
    Aw shucks, and thank you! [face_blush]

-Erela- Thank you for reading! [:D]

Alishu06 Anakin just wants to make sure his wife and baby will have help if they need it.

AnakinLuver Sorry for the delay, DRL was kicking my butt this month. Update tomorrow! :D

jedi_princess18 Yeah, pretty bad. :p

HandmaidenVeme I like the dynamic of these three, so I'm flattered you think I capture them correctly. I admit, I'm a sucker for mature/giving Anakin. [face_love]

_ThatJediScum_ Sure! And I'll be updating tomorrow!

Amidala66
    Well now, that's NO surprise is it? :eek:

Kestrel_Kenobi Thank you. [face_blush]

babeekim I'm flattered, you made my day! :)

full_moon He's doing what he thinks is best.

Jazz_Skywalker At least he's being stubborn for a GOOD cause! :p

leia_naberrie He does! [face_batting]

KELIA A greater good might mean pain for HIS family, but something better for others. We'll have to see.

Oh, and just in case anyone was worried, this is not going to be a Obidala. :p I've had a few PMs asking me that, and I wanted to reassure you that it's not going in that direction at all. I think there will be two more posts, but I have to see how the last scene plays out. And thank you to all who are reading, lurking or not! [:D]

4. Valandhir

Valandhir Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2006
    I'd really love to know what exactly Anakin said/did to get imprisoned for the rest of his life, in your AU. But I love the story as a whole. Hope you'll update soon. The idea that Anakin wants Obi-Wan to take care of his children is great. Somehow reminds of "Your father wanted you to get this, when you were old enough."

5. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Danggit, I give up already! *lol* LV, just automatically add me to any PM list you create when you start a new story, you are soooooooo awesome!!

6. Erised_Star

Erised_Star Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    I can't wait to see what's going to happend next! Anakin can't be so stubborn that he will leave his wife and children for the rest of his life, right?:(
    I love this story very much!=D= =D= =D=

Please add me to the pm list! :)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Valandhir Exactly! And his crime is revealed in this post, though I don't think it's a surprise. :p

Josh-Halcyon You made my day! [face_blush] [:D]

Erised_Star Well, he is pretty stubborn! [face_whistling]

[b]Chapter 3[/b]

?I?ll tell you why I did it,? Anakin said quietly. They had been sitting at each other?s sides, silent and still. There seemed to be nothing left to say until Anakin?s softly spoken offer. Obi-Wan glanced at him, noting the determined set of Anakin?s jaw. ?But you can?t tell anyone,? the younger man said, turning to meet his Master?s gaze. ?That?s part of the deal.?

?Why?? Obi-Wan asked, a note of pleading in his voice. He could not imagine anyone living out their days in this cell, much less a free spirit such as Anakin Skywalker. He would endure a living death and Obi-Wan would do everything in his power to keep Anakin from that fate. ?That does not make sense, Padawan. [i]None[/i] of this makes any sense.?

?It could bring down the Jedi Order,? Anakin replied quietly. Obi-Wan felt his stomach clench inside of him and his heart begin to beat faster. His instincts screamed an answer to him, an explanation for all of this madness ? but only Anakin could confirm the wild whisper that sounded in Obi-Wan?s head.. ?The man I killed ? the [i]thing[/i] I killed ? was not just a politician,? Anakin said in a low voice.

?What is it that we don?t know about Palpatine?? Obi-Wan asked quietly. ?What was he hiding from us??

Taking a deep breath, Anakin said, ?He was behind all of it, the blockade of Naboo so many years ago-?

Obi-Wan closed his eyes in pain. Naboo ? a place of happy memories for Anakin, but to him it would always be where he lost Qui-Gon forever. ?Go on,? he said weakly.

The younger man was too caught up in the memory of the revelation that had changed his life to notice his Master?s distress. He continued, his voice monotone, which made the words somehow all the more terrible. ?He moved us all like game pieces, Obi-Wan. He started a war so that he could get ? and keep ? power.? Anakin buried his face in his hands and he began to tremble so violently that Obi-Wan could feel the tremors. ?Billions died, [i]billions[/i] Obi-Wan, so Palpatine could become Chancellor.?

?So close?? Obi-Wan whispered, as if to himself. ?He came so close to ending the Order.?

?That was his ultimate goal, I think,? Anakin replied tightly. ?He?I thought?I thought he was my [i]friend.[/i]? The young man?s voice revealed his horror at the misconception, his agony over what he had almost done, almost allowed himself to believe. ?I looked up to him.?

?He was going to use the war to destroy the Jedi,? Obi-Wan guessed.

?I think so.?

Obi-Wan?s hand fell on Anakin?s shoulder and he felt the younger man trembling, shaking with tension. ?You did not let that happen, Anakin. And no matter what may result from this action, you stopped a far greater evil than the one you committed.?

Anakin hung his head and continued to quiver. ?That?s not the worst of if, Master. You haven?t asked me yet [i]why[/i] he wanted to destroy the Order.?

The Force murmured another warning to Obi-Wan, told him clearly that whatever Anakin was about to reveal would change his life, and that he would never forget this moment. It was going to be revelation of transformation. Anakin turned and their eyes locked once more. Obi-Wan flinched away at the coldness in those blue eyes, pulled away from the sickly fire that seemed to linger there. Anakin?s gaze was on something Obi-Wan could not see, and perhaps did not wish to. ?Palpatine was a Sith ? the Sith Lord we?d been looking for.?

The words were so simple, and Anakin uttered them casually, his tone completely at odds with his expression. Anakin?s features were twisted, his eyes monstrous, but the words were so deceptively spoken that for a moment, the impact of them did not hit Obi-Wan, he was too distracted by Anakin?s horrific expression. Then he felt it, the cold rush of fear and anger falling over him in a d

8. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *cries* :_| No! Anakin can't live the rest of his life like that! He can't!

Gah! These are the times I hate polictical opinions!! :_|

Edit: On further reflection, I'm hating the fact that the people would choose Palpatine 'the beloved leader' over the great Hero with No Fear. Anakin can win the battles for them, but he does something wrong and they would turn on him without understanding his reasons. I'm disgusted.

*still cries and holds Anakin plushie*

9. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh dear... This is a dilemma indeed! [face_worried]

But despite all the fall-out, it is so wonderful to see Anakin becoming the brave, noble man he always wanted to be. Now we just have to find a way for him to be that man OUTSIDE those prison walls. [face_thinking] A-ha! [face_idea] Maybe the Jedi can claim that an alien shape shifter was the actual murderer and it merely took the form of Anakin... o_O ;)

Great work, Vadey! Loved the way you slowly revealed everything to us. I've really enjoyed this story - can't believe we only have a chapter or two to go. I'm dying to see how this ends. :D

10. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    What an absolutely beautiful yet sad story!:( I don't expect any less of you. This one is a real tear-jerker:_| . I also can't believe that only one post is left. Great work and do PM me when you update the last post. I believe I asked you once before exactly what Josh-Halcyon asked you. Just add me automatically to your PM list everytime you write a story, too![face_peace]

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Stars! Anakin can be such a drama queen! :p OK so things look pretty bad right now and maybe it's for the best that not everyone knows the truth about Palpatine, and Anakin should stay in the Temple for a while but... for the rest of your natural life staring at a holo-image! :p

Don't worry, Ani. Just wait until Padme announces the date of her second wedding. You'll definitely re-think all those noble aspirations. :D

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Amazing story=D= =D= =D= , I can?t believe that I just found it; I think that I?m loosing my touch[face_worried] [face_blush] :p.

Anakin truly is ?The Hero With No Fear?, but after what he did, he dose deserve better then to die in a cell, stupid council, but somehow I understand that the truth in this case could really harm them and the republiks trust in them but...but, well, I?m not sure what that but means right now:confused:

Oh, and do you think that you could pm me when the next post is up. Thank you[:D] .

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yep, I knew it! I knew he was trying to be self-sacrificing and help all those who needed him to bring Balance. Great job. Loved the little cell with the holoprojection. That Anakin is willing to do that, to let go of Padme and the Jedi and the Power. Wonderful.

And now what is Obi-Wan going to do? Let his Padawan, his brother rot away in the cell or is he going to do something about it? Not tell the Council. I agree with that. They can't let the Jedi take the blame for being blind - although it would be fitting.

Is Obi-Wan going to sacrifice himself and his reputation as a Jedi to help Anakin? Is the Force going to be unjust and let the kid rot away? Or will Obi-Wan understand that he needs to help Anakin escape to a place far far away, even if it means that he won't be a Jedi any more?

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Hehe, I was right! Well, this is an Anakin I can relate to... ;) His destiny is so cruel, though.

15. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I knew he had killed Palpatine.

I absolutely love this chapter. The conversation between Anakin and Obi-Wan is wonderful. The perspective everything is put in is so startling clear. It makes one go woah! I can see what Anakin predicts unfolding like he says if things had gone this way and he defeated Palpy. Man, either way the conniving old dude would have won and the Order would have been destroyed.

Anakin is courageous for trying to do what he can to save the Order as well as what little stability is left of the Republic. But then honestly, he really just doing what he knows is best.

16. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was a great post! I hope he can get out!

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    What a dilemma! Surely there could be a way that the galaxy could believe Anakin was still in the cell, while he takes on a new identity on the other side of the galaxy, with his family. Like those witness-protection programs. But somehow I don't think that will happen in just one more post.

18. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Absolutely heartbreaking! Anakin is making a noble sacrifice, and he seems so at peace with his decision, even though it means sacrificing a life with his family. And poor Obi-Wan. He is in such a difficult position, wanting to clear Anakin's name yet realizing there is no other way.

Brilliant as always, my dear! :D

19. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?You?ll die in this cell??

?If that is the will of the Force,? Anakin whispered.

Oh, Anakin... This is what I suspected had happened, but to be so self-sacrificing. I hope Padme finds out so that she has some peace of mind.

:_|

jazz

20. Erised_Star

Erised_Star Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2006
    :_| :_| No, no, he can't spend the rest of his life in that cell! He can't!!:_| :_| There must be some way for him to be able to live in peace with his family!
    The people should understand, isn't getting expelled from the Order punishment enough for Anakin? It should be!

Thanks for the pm, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!=D=
    (Please free Anakin, please free Anakin...[face_praying] [face_praying] )

21. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    */me jumps into the short story with some small nergon-14 charges and places them around the door*

I'm so sad!! Anakin does what he's supposed to do and gets the smack put down on him by the Council. They never really liked him, did they.......... [face_thinking]

And you're welcome, Vadey, [:D] like I said, you entertain me very well ;)

22. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Great story! And very unique. Anakin killing Palpy and then being comdemned to live in a cell. Wow. Surely it can't be over! Obi-wan was always great at keeping secrets in the OT, but how will he do in your AU? I look forward to reading more of this excellent story!

=D=

23. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :eek: Wow... wow... wow... I cannot believe how grown up Anakin is... how mature he's handled this and Obi-wan is taking it as any good friend would... Anakin has brought balance to the Force and he's being punished for it. This is really sad...:_| but I like it, VadarLVR64... really, I do... Please update soon![face_praying]

Rachel Rose@};-

24. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    How sad. :_| Anakin is giving up his future with his family to allow the Jedi Order to continue on as it has been for a thousand years. It's too bad the Council won't ever know how much they really owe him.

25. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow, that was one eloquently done chapter.

Poor noble Anakin!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.